What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Cup Final Result

jed

First Grade
I'll have to look, see if I can post a screen grab (as long as it isn't what I think it was) :p

bartman

Immortal
Some pics - not of the pink thing - uploaded courtesy of Willow:

ESL_Hull_C-cup_270805.jpg

ESL_HullvLeeds_270805.jpg

deluded pom?

Coach
Copa said:
What was that long (around 4 foot) solid pink thing that the camera briefly showed someone in the crowd playing with and then cut away from?? It wasn't what I thought it was was it?

It was indeed a four foot long inflatable penis. Also in attendance on the camera side of the stadium was a blow up doll :) These sort of things always feature at the CC final .I hope you also noticed the various groups of supporters who attend in fancy dress . Knowing the Aussies you'd all want to come dressed in drag ;) You Aussies need to get something similar going at your big games . Before the game yesterday ther must have been about seventy beach balls being bounced around the Hull supporters end. I'm not really bothered about the quality of the game .We won that's all that matters , but to win in such dramatic style was even sweeter . Hats off to the Leeds supporters for taking such a defeat with such dignity. I've waited 23 years for this to happen .:)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Congrats to Hull on a gutsy win, but f**k was that a scrappy game. It was like they were playing in pouring rain with the number of handling errors they made. And Marcus Bai's pass. What the fudge was he thinking!? Justin Hodges, eat your heart out.

bartman

Immortal
The look on Wellens face after Bai passed it was classic. Hull tried to play the game tough up front to stop Leeds strength, which lies in the free-flowing stuff. Hence it wasn't a "pretty" game but was tactically effective.

terracesider

Juniors
One thing we haven't mentioned is that Ganson had a good game, for once. I can't remember any obvious mistakes.

deluded pom?

Coach
bartman said:
The look on Wellens face after Bai passed it was classic. Hull tried to play the game tough up front to stop Leeds strength, which lies in the free-flowing stuff. Hence it wasn't a "pretty" game but was tactically effective.

Wellens is the fullback for Saints . That was Richie Mathers with the astounded look on his boat.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry, yeah always get their names confused and watched it without commentary.

(I'd imagine Wellens' face was pretty amused wherever he was watching from too.)

Latest posts