What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of Captaincy

legend

Coach
This used to be a great place to discuss the Raiders but the GH, FMD there are some weird merkins over there!

legend

Coach
BTW, if this place has about a dozen regular posters, it will take off again. Just needs a few quality threads without the trolling and an active mod who doesn't wear a hat at the GH.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
This used to be a great place to discuss the Raiders but the GH, FMD there are some weird merkins over there!

I roll my eyes every time I read posts on there. Their player signing speculation thread is outrageous. Talking about targeting Brent Webb and Semi Radradra and all sorts of bullshit.

legend

Coach
That thread and some of the suggestions are truly geniused. I shake my head at the intellect of some Raiders fans and who they think are "quality" players.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
To be fair to the moderators though, I think that's just a side-effect of the echo chamber nature of the place. My perception is that the moderators, most of the time, are merely reacting to forum user complaints.

The frequent abuse that was posted about McCrone went largely unchecked for a long time, but if you made similar remarks about Croker or Fensom the posts were usually edited pretty quickly. I was curious about this so I started flagging some of the abuse McCrone was receiving and they would also end up being moderated within a reasonable amount of time.

When you go against the herd people tend to get upset. Otherwise they don't give a shit what you do.

You have literally no idea.

bileduct

Coach
That thread and some of the suggestions are truly geniused. I shake my head at the intellect of some Raiders fans and who they think are "quality" players.
It's like Malkara opened up a special unit for Raiders fans.

Good for a troll, but boring as shit otherwise.

mongoose

Coach
I couldn't handle the bipolarness of the GH.

The GH after every loss = raiders need a player cleanout.
The GH after every win = all raiders players should be picked for Australia.

bileduct

Coach
Ok, Ricky, the joke is over. Yes, very funny. Ha Ha.

Can you stop pranking us now please?

JARROD_CROKER.jpg

TheDMC

Bench
I agree on Croker not being the best option for captaincy. Personally I think that Austin would be pretty close to taking that title.

I can't agree with you on not having Croker in the team. He's a solid defender now, he looks dangerous when he's running the footy and he's a fantastic goal kicker. Sure he made a crucial mistake on Saturday, but that could happen to anyone.

Never is against the warriors! Worst defender I've seen these past few years (against us anyway). Good attacker tho.

nick87

Coach
For all the complaints about the GH, eventually the 3 or 4 of you will get bored of talking yourselves here and go back there. Face facts, the GH basically killed this Raiders board off :lol:

Im enjoying the half hearted attempt to revive it though.

legend

Coach
Definitely not one of Croker's better games. He got caught out twice that directly led to tries. All in all it was an awful performance by the Raiders. Out-muscled and outplayed in every facet of the game.

Johnson was running around like he had spiders on him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
TBH there didn't seem to be much of a choice at the time. Croker was in great form last season and had been a fixture in the Raiders top 17 for 5 years. The only other real choice would have been Fensom and he's been on the nose this year.

Watching the team play, Austin and Hodgson seem to be the real leaders out there but that wasn't to be known when the captaincy was handed over.

Not an easy thing to just strip a player of the Captaincy. Could risk dividing the squad too.

legend

Coach
I think our season is over. Our dismal home record is going to cost us big time and as the season wears on, we don't seem to be much better off than we were last year. Too many close losses shows a team that cracks heavily under pressure. Losses to the Storm, Dragons, Sharks, Cowboys and Dogs (all at home) have crippled our season.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think we're in a better position than last year, but we really need to learn how to close out matches. When we got the lead I thought that surely we learned from the Cowboys game and then BJ spills his lollies in the following set, just like Fensom did against the Cowboys. Frustrating as f*ck to watch.

bileduct

Coach
Not an easy thing to just strip a player of the Captaincy. Could risk dividing the squad too.
That's why Croker has to do the right thing and relinquish the role.

He only ended up with it as a result of attrition.

By his own admission he is a terrible communicator. He has no clue what he is doing in the role.

bileduct

Coach
I'd be really f**king pissed off about today's game if I hadn't read some absolute f**king genius on the GH comparing Choker's captaincy to Cameron Smith - IN A FAVOURABLE WAY!

It's hard to get upset after reading that nonsense.