What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Round 2

True_Believer

Juniors
Sorry for the lesson you but asked has "everybody" (plural) put their tin foil hats on so I responded accordingly in plural, surely that is not too hard for you to comprehend?
Now you suggest my posts are eluding that Mc Fookknuckle is some master manipulator which is clearly incorrect and a wrong presumption by you.
I see Mc Fookknuckle as being clumsy and oaf like in all things he does and his use of the bench and selection announcements are testimony to that fact IMO.
He could have easily come out and said, Hosty is injured, will be out for a few weeks and will work his way back into contention over the next month or so.
Considering he said that he was in running for the back row position that would have been the correct thing to do.
Likewise he could have said Sele has a small injury and is not going to play 1st's this week so we are bringing Latimore up for cover and if Sele is free from injury he will be back for Rd 2 again not difficult nor unreasonable for him to do that.
But in light of him not doing that and me thinking that he is slimy in the way he does things, then it is not too difficult for me to not trust him.
By the way have a look in the threads and there are a few posters who believe that Host has been told that he isn't in the 17 and they appear to be closer to the action than I am.

I'm not discussing this with you anymore. It's like talking to a brick wall.

I'm also not looking up the supposed list of people who have said he's been told he's not in the 17. There was only one that I can remember. If there were more, you can find them and prove your point. Not that that matters because even if there is only one, it is enough to convince you of the conspiracy against him.

Old Timer

Coach

I'm also not looking up the supposed list of people who have said he's been told he's not in the 17. There was only one that I can remember. If there were more, you can find them and prove your point. Not that that matters because even if there is only one, it is enough to convince you of the conspiracy against him.
Then maybe you should get in the cone of silence while your wearing your tin foil hat.

Walpole

Juniors
Re: the Sele/Latimore debate, hopefully the fact that Sele has been named this week (and by all accounts was our best in reserves last week) means he gets to play. Hopefully Latimore was only called up last week for the very role we expect of him, cover for an injury or Origin (and he played fine for the 20 or so minutes he was out there). Hopefully...

I suspect though, against a tough, experienced pack like the Sharks, Mary won't go with the young bloke.

The Damo

Juniors

Yes there was one, and then a couple of others quoted that one. Can’t recall seeing that one since either... (cue twilight zone theme music)

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Sele is in better form than Leilua who seems reluctant to take on the line. When I first saw Leilua play three years ago in NYC he used to charge at the line and seemed fearless much like his brother.

slippery5

Juniors
You betcha boots I am very serious.

If you have a copy of the aforementioned game on DVD, please feel free to re-fresh your mind, Green definitely saved that game for the Dragons and subsequently the premiership too.

How quickly we forget (although I haven't).
So we should keep him in the 17 at the expense of the likes of Kerr & co because there is a chance he might provide us with that ONE game genius performance, I think not.
As for Jon Green, LOL because I still am !!!!!!!!!

slippery5

Juniors
Latimore would be on my bench for first grade. There were games last year that we missed his like for like experienced player.

Luc,Host and Sele will get their chance however, Latimore's "old head" is needed at this time.He can do what the player he replaces for the time on the field with strong defence and make good metres.

I agree with OT, as how difficult it can be for the young blokes, to go from long minutes in reggies and be a cut above the rest to short stints in firsts for their transition.
"Old Head," I thought that is why we bought Graham.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes- Leilua was a big, unfit, overweight left edge running bully against smaller opponents in the NYC. He didn't defend much and didn't play long minutes. As soon as he turned 20 and had to get fit and play against men In the NSW Cup he lost his Kryptonite and has looked ineffectual and lost the past two years.

He and Host (jury out on Sele) are not NRL standard backrowers and don't provide any real impact off the bench. Don't start me on lumbering, loping, limp, Latibore. Penrith bring on Kikau, Cowboys bring on Hess- they've got dynamite, we've got fizzers.

Old Timer

Coach
So looking at some of the comments it appears that Latimore (old head, good value, morale boosting, the glue to hold us together, doesn’t play big minutes, what we need type player) is they key to winning the tight games we lost last year, which after all is the reason we didn’t make the semis.
Keeping that thought then we should be able to go all the way and win the comp.
I can’t believe other clubs that came up short last year couldn’t see it and let us just walk in and grab him
Excuse me for not recognising our messiah, all hail Jeremy and to think we let him go it could have been 5 in a row.
Maybe he could tell the boys that scenario at training and see whether he gets a laugh or two.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
So looking at some of the comments it appears that Latimore (old head, good value, morale boosting, the glue to hold us together, doesn’t play big minutes, what we need type player) is they key to winning the tight games we lost last year, which after all is the reason we didn’t make the semis.
Keeping that thought then we should be able to go all the way and win the comp.
I can’t believe other clubs that came up short last year couldn’t see it and let us just walk in and grab him
Excuse me for not recognising our messiah, all hail Jeremy and to think we let him go it could have been 5 in a row.
Maybe he could tell the boys that scenario at training and see whether he gets a laugh or two.
It's obvious to all of us that Latimore is no Jason taumalola or Sam Burgess but come on you guys your hard to please have any of you so called EXPERTS laced on a boot .yes he's only fair to middling but he's not as f**kin bad as some of you so called EXPERTS think .keep it up Jeremy .I'm on your side .let's get behind them boys instead of shitting on them the key to winning lays in the hands of a guy called HUNT .old timer this time I'm disagreeing mate

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It's obvious to all of us that Latimore is no Jason taumalola or Sam Burgess but come on you guys your hard to please have any of you so called EXPERTS laced on a boot .yes he's only fair to middling but he's not as f**kin bad as some of you so called EXPERTS think .keep it up Jeremy .I'm on your side .let's get behind them boys instead of shitting on them the key to winning lays in the hands of a guy called HUNT .old timer this time I'm disagreeing mate

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
If Latimore was again good, one of the six or more clubs he's played for would have signed him to more than just a one year deal which is all that most clubs are willing to offer him. The Dragons let him go in 2012 and my recollection of him in that year was ZZZZZ

Old Timer

Coach
It's not actually about Latimore, it is in fact all about recruitment, coaching and selection policy.
Jeremy is a good enough fellow and if he gets a gig to play then he goes about his business as best he can and he is a no frills plugger and I have no argument with that in respect of my expectation of him.
The issue is he isn't going to win you a comp and nor most likely will any of the younger brigade this year but next year who knows they just might.
So why did we sign Latimore and why do we pick him is the bigger question.
People keep saying depth FMD but he got a gig Rd 1, was our season already in tatters that we had to go for cover so early?
People say fitness, well wasn't it the best pre season yet?
Other clubs coming up with Hess, Crichton, Arrow etc etc etc etc and we come up with Latimore.
The reason we signed him is because the coach has not been able to get 1 forward from the lower grades into 1st grade and keep him there
None of it is Jeremy's fault however whilst he is at the club the temptation for Mc Fookknuckle will be too great.

Old Timer

Coach
Would this thread be calssified as a melt down? Its going dangerously close. Who would have thought Latimore would have been the one to cause a meltdown!
No it's actually the awakening thread.
The trouble is some have been in deep sleep therapy for too long and it might take 3/4 of the season for them to wake up.
It hasn't even hit shit fight stage yet, so hardly a melt down, again too much credit being given to Jeremy.

Bench
There is a lack of our reserve players putting any pressure on first grade players.
Luc I fear will not make it to holding down a first grade spot. I don't know whether that is a result of poor coaching in the lower grades or it maybe he cannot transition to first grade. This is not uncommon amongst our juniors.
Dufty appears he will make it but time will tell. I really hope he makes it because he looks like he has the skill set to make it.
There are only a few players in the lower grades that might make it but without a run off the bench who can say what they will be like.
We are very thin on players in particular centers and wingers that have as much potential as Dufty displayed.
Injuries to any first grade players is going to bite us.

SBD82

Coach
No it's actually the awakening thread.
The trouble is some have been in deep sleep therapy for too long and it might take 3/4 of the season for them to wake up.
It hasn't even hit shit fight stage yet, so hardly a melt down, again too much credit being given to Jeremy.
The only thing putting me to sleep this offseason has been your diatribes OT.

I seem to remember you making pretty much the same points about graham. (Too old, adds no value, etc.) have you moved on to an easier target since you seem to have been proven wrong about graham?

Latimore is no world beater. But last Thursday he wore the red v with distinction. and that's good enough for me. He may or may not play a lot this year, but if he earns his spot and wears our jersey with pride, good on him.

There is a lack of our reserve players putting any pressure on first grade players.
Luc I fear will not make it to holding down a first grade spot. I don't know whether that is a result of poor coaching in the lower grades or it maybe he cannot transition to first grade. This is not uncommon amongst our juniors.
Dufty appears he will make it but time will tell. I really hope he makes it because he looks like he has the skill set to make it.
There are only a few players in the lower grades that might make it but without a run off the bench who can say what they will be like.
We are very thin on players in particular centers and wingers that have as much potential as Dufty displayed.
Injuries to any first grade players is going to bite us.

Unsure whether to laugh or cry.

The team has played 1 premiership round.

Luc has played 22 minutes made 3 runs for over 30 metres.

The kid knows his fitness and defence must improve if he is to play regular FG.

He is clearly in the team as an impact player off the bench. Everyone on this forum understands he needs to improve. Hope he gets further minutes over the next 5 plus weeks. If he does, I believe he will start to make an impact.

Reserve Grade players will have plenty of time to force there way in to FG if good enough.