What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield v Dragons on Sun 19th Feb @ ANZ

Rsag85

Bench
In my bay they were all saying Talakai out and Goodwin to centre.

They all thought BRYSON had a strong game.

But Diego who was not at the game knows better!!!! Right!!!!!!!!! NOT.....

I was at the game but still thought Talakai did more then Goodwin but Madge will go with the safe option and play Goodwin in the centre, I disagree with the call but I can see Madge doing that.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I was at the game but still thought Talakai did more then Goodwin but Madge will go with the safe option and play Goodwin in the centre, I disagree with the call but I can see Madge doing that.

Form will speak for itself though. If Goodwin needs to be dropped I'm sure Madge will do it. Talakai may be that devastating ball running centre that we need. We've been missing it after walker's departure.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Musgrove was out with a tummy bug so I think we can count on him as an inclusion for Rd #1.
Drop Tyrrell please.

Madge may go with a bench of:

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Musgrove
17. Tom

He could play Clark at lock off the bench and Sam to back row to give Sutto a rest.

Farah could play a bit of lock too.

Use Musgrove and Tom as props of course.

I think I'm onto something Southsport.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I was at the game too and I thought otherwise just as Callmack does.

I think Bryson has done just enough to earn the spot as I've discussed.

Talakai isn't believing in his defence yet and looked all at sea at times and is slower than Goodwin.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wing isn't Goodwin's best position though.
Yeah and he had a good game yesterday without being special.

He got through about 10-11 runs I reckon. He made a couple of 14-15metre runs too with his step at the line carrying defenders. He saved a try too.

He is more comfortable and knows his defence due to his experience that Talakai doesn't have.

I think Talakai would be better used in the back row off the bench if injuries hit. He can be a back up centre too.

Goodwin and AJ have formed a strong combo previously as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah I was saying centre or nothing before the pre season games. Goodwin was pretty good in the centres last year
If AJ or Burns got injured then Goodwin could fill in on the wing.

I rather him at centre though.

Hunt must also be consistent and hold the ball or he could get dropped.

There is good competition for spots.

If our main guys stay healthy we should make the top 8. Anything is possible.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Form will speak for itself though. If Goodwin needs to be dropped I'm sure Madge will do it. Talakai may be that devastating ball running centre that we need. We've been missing it after walker's departure.
Talakai imo is too slow and doesn't trust his defence yet.

Imo he's a solid back up centre but better in the back row.

Latest posts