What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chokers

Dragons01

First Grade
I hate the whole 'choking' thing, especially as it usually brought up by supporters of teams that didn't even make it to the GF.

I think the reason you guys are copping it back now, is because in previous years you have probably thrown it about yourselves at other teams. I think the whole celebrating and blocking off streets two days before the grand final probably came across as cocky.

I have said this before in other forums, I would rather my team make a GF and so call 'choke' than not be there or not make the semis at all.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
07-minister.jpg

There was no choking the scoreboard didn't reflect our(Bulldogs) superiority in these matches

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

Juniors
The only time St Merge could "win" a premiership in the last 30 odd years was the year that the Storm were not given any points.
Otherwise, they would have been smashed up and spat out big time, and all the St Merge fans know it

Dragons01

First Grade
The only time St Merge could "win" a premiership in the last 30 odd years was the year that the Storm were not given any points.
Otherwise, they would have been smashed up and spat out big time, and all the St Merge fans know it

What a ridiculous comment. If my memory serves me correct Cantebury also played in the competition in 2010, where did you finish that year with the Storm not participating for points?

If the Storm not being able to compete made it so easy to win the comp, how come Canterbury didn't win it or make the eight? Every other team left in the comp that year had their chance to win, just like all teams do every year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
What a ridiculous comment. If my memory serves me correct Cantebury also played in the competition in 2010, where did you finish that year with the Storm not participating for points?

If the Storm not being able to compete made it so easy to win the comp, how come Canterbury didn't win it or make the eight? Every other team left in the comp that year had their chance to win, just like all teams do every year.
It's not about Canterbury not making the top 8, it's about St. George winning the competition the same year the defending premiers and favorites to win the comp were deprived of making the finals. If you think back to 2010, just prior to the scandal being made public, the Storm defeated the Dragons on Good Fridays afternoon game!

Dragons01

First Grade
So what - You guys defeated the Storm this year during the regular season, hell Saints defeated the Storm this season, a regular season win for 2 points does not automatically give you a win over a team in a grand final.

If that argument is used then how pathetic were all the other teams that year that couldn't even make the semis with essentially an extra spot opening up.

As for the 'defending premiers' line Melbourne were playing at that stage with a team nearly $2 million over the cap.

Saints like every other team that year, played what was in front of them. They finished minor premiers and went on to win the comp. As I have said every other team had their chance as well.

ManlyMania

Juniors
Really? Well I know this sounds wrong but I thought you would've gone for the Bulldogs given the infamous GF of 2007 that you guys lost and also given Melbourne eliminated you guys the week before!

Anywho, yep I think the 3 clubs you mentioned will be top 8 again next year.

Here's to 2013 :)

Theres no way any Manly fan would go for the dogs -firstly with des thing and secondly with melbourne in 2007 the fact that they got caught cheating means that that grand final is wiped out for good. Add to the fact the very next year we belted them 40-0 means no harm there at all.....as for parra fans they didnt have the chance again that was taken away from them so im not sure who they would have for but manly fans were definately cheering for the storm.

LESStar58

Referee
your team choked big time.

suck it up:lol:

In defense of Bulldogs fans from a Storm fan, your mob have folded like a cheap suit more times than anyone cares to remember when you've consistnetly had one of the best performing teams on paper, including 2 years when you've been minor premierships and consequently made the grand final (2001) when it was over at half time and 2005 (prelim final) where you were beat 29-zip.

Chin up Bulldogs fans, you'll pick up where you left off.

LESStar58

Referee
3 minor premierships
0 major premierships

Can't deny the choke is strong in this club.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Manly not choke twice inside a 3 year period..including one where Terry Lamb slept all day and gave the Sea-Eagles a rugby league masterclass?

2010Dragons

Bench
We beat Melbourne Storm this year but our team's attack was woeful....Are we better than the Storm?
Beating a team in the regular season means jack shit....The finals are a new comp and every team in the top eight has a chance win it. The doggies had a chance but blew it.

BourbonRat

Juniors
Chokers / Not chokers this thread will go for ever :sarcasm:
it's now offical though that one of 'em was a biter :lol:
167245-james-graham.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last I looked the ladder read

1. Canterbury

16. Parramatta.

That's enough for me.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
From Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists to Chokers and biters! A week is a long time in footy. The Bullgrubs are back where they belong, family club my arse.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
It's not about Canterbury not making the top 8, it's about St. George winning the competition the same year the defending premiers and favorites to win the comp were deprived of making the finals. If you think back to 2010, just prior to the scandal being made public, the Storm defeated the Dragons on Good Fridays afternoon game!

Let me ask you this, numbnut !

Who won the 100m gold medal in the L.A olympics in 84 ?
Ben Johnson or Carl Lewis ? And why ?

So you're basically saying that the storm (who would have finished 4th if they weren't caught cheating !) would have won the premiership 100% ?

They were favourites because they were cheating for years before the 2010 season. And even then, they were on the wrong end of a record breaking loss in a grand final during that time !

They were minor premiers last year and didn't even make the grand final !

The Dragons were the most consistant team for over 2 years ! They earnt their premiership LEGALLY !

There's a reason why the Dragons 2010 premiership counts and the storms 2009 (and 07) premierships don't !

Then again, you are a bulldogs supporter ! So i'm not suprised that you would think a cheating team shouldn't be penalised !

Fair Dinkum ! :sarcasm:

By the way, I have no problem with the Storm smashing you guys this year, because it was legal !
Maybe that's why you would say such a stupid comment.

Last edited: