What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City/Country teams

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date
Hodgson
Tackle breaks 36
Line breaks 3
Line break assists 7
Try assists 4
Kick Returns 299
Offloads 11
errors 8

Stewart
Tackle breaks 32
Line breaks 5
Line break assists 2
Try Assists 2
Kick Returns 361
Offloads 8
errors 9

yes so stewart is better than Hodgson at everything :lol:

As bad as Grothe has been, he is >>>>> ROONEY.

As for Lawrence, the point is there is NO chance of Hodgson making NSW, but there is a substantial chance that Lawrence, who is young and has raw talent, will get a go.

CvC should be for young players. Kids like Creagh, Sims, Paterson missing out in that Country backrow is a disgrace. Purtell has been in great form yet misses out for Jamie Lyon who has proven himself with an average season last year, and a poor Origin performance.

Jennings & Lawrence have WAY more talent than Hodgson, Rooney, Delaney. Gibbs is a Sheens favourite, but Adam Cuthbertson has ten times the talent.

yes so lets not play a fullback :sarcasm: what other city player has been in better form than Hodgson at fullback???????

btw theres is no chance of Lawrence playing origin not with the selectors who havent picked a tiger in the nsw team since terry Hill even though we won a premiership

icewind

Juniors
why Jennnings isn't in there is a mystery, he's got some major talent, more than a delaney or a pomeroy. :crazy:

Ennis is even a bigger mystery. Tho if they had both gallen and ennis in the nsw team, the two cats might want to fight. :lol:

D

Deleted member 10972

Joel Caine fan, apparently you have no idea. Under your logic, Fitzgibbon's selection is warranted because he has great stats this year? I'm a Roosters fan through and through & i know very well that he, along with Hindmarsh & Ryan, should not be there at all.

The point of City/Country is to blood young players in. Hodgson is quite simply not as good as Stewart, is younger, & if NSW select him they are going backwards. Jarryd Hayne can play fullback very well, & for CvC i don't see why he couldn't play there. Or even Lawrence, who will probably take over from Hodgson, or Jennings, who will take over from Wesser.

----------------------

The main selection issues as of yesterday were:

- Laffranchi missing out for Australia (i would drop Hoffman for him, Hoffman replaces Sutton for City, Douglas replaces Boof for COuntry)

- THE CITY BACKLINE: Lawrence, Jennings missing out for City (i would drop Rooney & Delaney for them, only reason Hodgson must be there is because Grothe is in poor form)

- THE COUNTRY BACKROW: Sims, Paterson & Creagh missing out on Country (i would drop Hindmarsh, Ryan & Fitzgibbon for them).

The only other somewhat arguable issues are:

- Prince missing out for Australia (i would drop Thurston for him)

- Adam Cuthbertson missing out for City (i would drop Gibbs for him, but Sheensy loves Gibbs)

- Adrian Purtell missing out on Country (i would drop Lyon for him, but i don't blame the selectors for picking Lyon)

And remember, the only reason Corey Hughes, Luke Lewis and Brett Kearney are there is because Robbie Farah, Anthony Watmough and Jarrod Mullen are all out respectively.

julian87

Juniors
Laffranchi and Anasta should have been in the Australian team over Lockyer and Hoffman IMO.

How on earth Hodgson, Delaney and Rooney beat out Lawrence, Jennings and Grothe is unbelievable. Hoffman should be playing for City over Sutton, with Boof in the Aussie team, and Lewis is only there because Watmough is injured. Like wise for Hughes with Farah injured. Cuthbertson i rate over Gibbs too.

For Country, i'd replace the old fogie backrow with Sims, Creagh and Paterson, all big, young and raw. With Boof in the test team, i'd bring in Luke Douglas. Also, i'd bring in Purtell for fat pig Lyon, move Monas to centre.

Probably the worst post I have read. Disagree with it in its entirity. Especially when you said Purtell should have been picked.

julian87

Juniors
And then I have just read your other posts, dear oh dear. The only good point ou make is tht Cuthbertson should have been picked and maybe Jennings over Rooney. But Purtell is ordinary and Lawrence is hopeless at this point. No outside back will be picked for NSW if they are sh*thouse defenders, and Lawrence and Purtell both fit under that categorie.

D

Deleted member 10972

And then I have just read your other posts, dear oh dear. The only good point ou make is tht Cuthbertson should have been picked and maybe Jennings over Rooney. But Purtell is ordinary and Lawrence is hopeless at this point. No outside back will be picked for NSW if they are sh*thouse defenders, and Lawrence and Purtell both fit under that categorie.

Cuthbertson over Gibbs was the other one i forgot to mention in my post, but are you honestly defending the selection of Luke Rooney, aka one of the worst wingers in the competition form-wise this year, over Chris Lawrence, who has been in great form in attack, & in the eyes of most people has to be in future contention for the NSW jersey?

Luke Rooney was an early peaker and is now past it. Lawrence, on the other hand, has pace to burn, is very talented, & his potential far outweighs his defensive issues. I never said Lawrence as a centre, hell no. He has the makings of a great international winger, big, strong, fast. Jennings i would bring in for Delaney in the centres.

Purtell over Lyon was another based on form. Purtells defensive reads aren't great but he is a good winger, makes valuable yards, can break the line, & would be great outside someone like Cooper. I don't mind Lyon's selection, but on FORM, Purtell warrants the spot more.

If the selectors still have Fitzgibbon, Ryan & Hindmarsh in mind, they are beating a dead horse. Simple as that. I am a Roosters fan yet i wholeheartedly believe Fitzgibbon, who is in great form this year, shouldn't have been there. Mainly because he would be a step backwards.

If NSW ever pick Rooney, Clinton, Ryles, Fitzgibbon, Ryan, Hindmarsh, O'Donnell (overrated hack, Gallen is twice the player he is), Lyon, Hodgson, etc again, we will lose to QLD. Clear out the old & the soft, focus on the new.

Saw on Fox sports news a few changes

City:
Jason King out
Ray Cashmere starting prop
Chad Robinson is the new man on the bench

Lyon, Cooper, Stewart are all out

backline now is
Kearney
Roberts
Monaghan
Ben Harris
Quinn

Ben Hornby comes in on the bench

D

Deleted member 10972

Ben Harris over Adrian Purtell?

Chad Robinson over Adam Cuthbertson?

What the hell.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Laffranchi and Anasta should have been in the Australian team over Lockyer and Hoffman IMO.

How on earth Hodgson, Delaney and Rooney beat out Lawrence, Jennings and Grothe is unbelievable. Hoffman should be playing for City over Sutton, with Boof in the Aussie team, and Lewis is only there because Watmough is injured. Like wise for Hughes with Farah injured. Cuthbertson i rate over Gibbs too.

For Country, i'd replace the old fogie backrow with Sims, Creagh and Paterson, all big, young and raw. With Boof in the test team, i'd bring in Luke Douglas. Also, i'd bring in Purtell for fat pig Lyon, move Monas to centre.

delaney has been killing it for the gold coast lawrence is a media hype.... cant defend!

sooperdooper

First Grade
As bad as Grothe has been, he is >>>>> ROONEY.

As for Lawrence, the point is there is NO chance of Hodgson making NSW, but there is a substantial chance that Lawrence, who is young and has raw talent, will get a go.

CvC should be for young players. Kids like Creagh, Sims, Paterson missing out in that Country backrow is a disgrace. Purtell has been in great form yet misses out for Jamie Lyon who has proven himself with an average season last year, and a poor Origin performance.

Jennings & Lawrence have WAY more talent than Hodgson, Rooney, Delaney. Gibbs is a Sheens favourite, but Adam Cuthbertson has ten times the talent.

what has jennings done this year?
how could you pick him over a player who is in a team on top of the table?

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont see what jennings has done this year to be in the mix... they have picked some players with some form...

Joel Caine fan, apparently you have no idea. Under your logic, Fitzgibbon's selection is warranted because he has great stats this year? I'm a Roosters fan through and through & i know very well that he, along with Hindmarsh & Ryan, should not be there at all.

The point of City/Country is to blood young players in. Hodgson is quite simply not as good as Stewart, is younger, & if NSW select him they are going backwards. Jarryd Hayne can play fullback very well, & for CvC i don't see why he couldn't play there. Or even Lawrence, who will probably take over from Hodgson, or Jennings, who will take over from Wesser.

----------------------

The main selection issues as of yesterday were:

- Laffranchi missing out for Australia (i would drop Hoffman for him, Hoffman replaces Sutton for City, Douglas replaces Boof for COuntry)

- THE CITY BACKLINE: Lawrence, Jennings missing out for City (i would drop Rooney & Delaney for them, only reason Hodgson must be there is because Grothe is in poor form)

- THE COUNTRY BACKROW: Sims, Paterson & Creagh missing out on Country (i would drop Hindmarsh, Ryan & Fitzgibbon for them).

The only other somewhat arguable issues are:

- Prince missing out for Australia (i would drop Thurston for him)

- Adam Cuthbertson missing out for City (i would drop Gibbs for him, but Sheensy loves Gibbs)

- Adrian Purtell missing out on Country (i would drop Lyon for him, but i don't blame the selectors for picking Lyon)

And remember, the only reason Corey Hughes, Luke Lewis and Brett Kearney are there is because Robbie Farah, Anthony Watmough and Jarrod Mullen are all out respectively.

well you apparently have never seen a wests tigers games cause he sets up most our tries
but hey i guess stewart can do that better :sarcasm:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Rooney must be still living on his reputation from what? 4 years ago? Jennings should've got that wing spot. Lawrence is overrated, but a panther still should have gotten that spot just a different one.

girvie

Staff member
I've broken down the teams by junior club and district.

NSW Country
Coach: Laurie Daley
1. Brett Kearney (Sharks) – Kincumber Colts – Central Coast
2. Amos Roberts (Roosters) – Kempsey – Group 2
3. Joel Monaghan (Raiders) – Tuggeranong – Canberra
4. Ben Harris (Cowboys) – Taree – Group 3
5. Anthony Quinn (Storm) – Valentine – Newcastle
6. Todd Carney (Raiders) – Goulburn – Group 6
7. Brett Finch (Eels) – Valentine – Newcastle
8. Brett White (Storm) – Cooma – Canberra
9. Danny Buderus (c) (Knights) – Taree – Group 3
10. Anthony Laffranchi (Titans) – Murwillumbah – Group 18
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels) – Moss Vale – Group 6
12. Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs) – St Johns Dubbo – Group 11
13. Craig Fitzgibbon (Roosters) – Dapto – Illawarra
INT:
14. Ben Cross (Knights) – Batemans Bay – Group 7
15. Chris Heighington (Tigers) – Umina – Central Coast
16. Ben Hornby (Dragons) – Corrimal – Illawarra
17. Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles) – Wests Wollongong – Illawarra
18. Ben Creagh (Dragons) – Wollongong Uni – Illawarra

NSW City
Coach: Tim Sheens
1. Brett Hodgson (Tigers) – Eagle Vale – Western Suburbs
2. Jarryd Hayne (Eels) – Cabramatta – Parramatta
3. Ben Pomeroy (Sharks) – Cambridge Park - Penrith
4. Brett Delaney (Titans) – Lalor Park – Parramatta
5. Luke Rooney (Panthers) – St Dominics - Penrith
6. Braith Anasta (Roosters) – Maroubra – South Sydney
7. Mitchell Pearce (Roosters) – Asquith – North Sydney
8. Mark O’Meley (Roosters) – Munmorah – Central Coast*
9. Corey Hughes (Bulldogs) – St Christophers – Canterbury
10. Bryce Gibbs (Tigers) – Macquarie Fields – Western Suburbs
11. Luke Lewis (Panthers) – Blacktown City – Penrith
12. Mark Minichiello (Titans) – Liverpool Catholic – Western Suburbs
13. John Sutton (Rabbitohs) – Coogee – South Sydney

INT:
14. Chad Robinson (Eels) – Wentworthville – Parramatta
15. Ray Cashmere (Cowboys) – Macarthur – Western Suburbs
16. Feleti Mateo (Eels) – Lalor Park – Parramatta
17. Peter Wallace (Broncos) – St Marys – Penrith

* Central Coast junior who qualifies for City after playing rep football for North Sydney.