What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City/Country teams

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

DeeGan

Bench
How Chris Lawrence misses a jersey and our own Brett Delaney gets in ahead of him goes to show you guys in NSW have no fugging idea (you being the selectors etc) ;-)

sooperdooper

First Grade
How Chris Lawrence misses a jersey and our own Brett Delaney gets in ahead of him goes to show you guys in NSW have no fugging idea (you being the selectors etc) ;-)

delaney has been doing great for you guys and deserves his selection
Lawrence should have got a wing spot

julian87

Juniors
but are you honestly defending the selection of Luke Rooney, aka one of the worst wingers in the competition form-wise this year, over Chris Lawrence, who has been in great form in attack, & in the eyes of most people has to be in future contention for the NSW jersey?
new.

Read my posts next time dude. I said Jennings should have been picked ahead of Rooney. But Lawrence being omitted is the right call as he is not up to rep football while his defence is so shambolic at club level.

julian87

Juniors
If NSW ever pick Ryan, Hindmarsh, Lyon, we will lose to QLD. Clear out the old & the soft, focus on the new.

DWTA. Lyon is the second best centre in NSW, WAY better than Cooper. I think Hindmarsh is past it as well, but he is better than the entire Qld back row anyway. Ryan is the most maligned and underated player in rugby league. Still one of the top 5 back rowers in NSW and most probably the NRL. Gallen, Laffranchi, Bird, Mason, Hoffman and Ryan should and I think will be the backrow rotation for NSW this year.

DeeGan

Bench
delaney has been doing great for you guys and deserves his selection
Lawrence should have got a wing spot

An example where the word GREAT is once more overused when discussing rugby league.

Delaney is a fine young player though he isn't going anywhere near as well as Lawrence. I have watched every Gold Coast Titans game since our inception and whilst I will agree he has improved thus far in a winning team, he is not IMO rep material.

Lawrence is a future superstar, Delaney is set to be a good first grade footballer (who will make a move to the forwards in the not too distant future).

D

Deleted member 10972

Read my posts next time dude. I said Jennings should have been picked ahead of Rooney. But Lawrence being omitted is the right call as he is not up to rep football while his defence is so shambolic at club level.

Okay mate, so you are saying you think Jennings should be there over Rooney, but Lawrence should NOT be there over Delaney? Fair enough, i still think Lawrence has wayyyy too much talent, trial by fire is the best way for someone like him. Delaney will never be anything special. DeeGan hit the nail on the head.

Cuthbertson was jipped, firstly when Gibbs was selected over him, but even worse when Robinson was! What can Robinson do that Cuthbo can't? Make 30 tackles? Pfft there are plenty of backrowers out there who can do that, but Cuthbo is a genuine ballplaying forward.

I don't at all agree with your Lyon, Hindmarsh or Ryan comments. I agree with your backrow for NSW statement, but jeez, i seriously think Ryan & Hindy need to follow Fitzgibbon and focus on their club rather than rep footy. Just my opinion.

Roberts is a better player than Purtell, however i don't think Ben Harris is better than Purtell. Again, just my opinion. Harris is similar to Delaney, talented somewhat but more of a worker, strong defender and bustling runner. Purtell has deceptive speed, can break the line, & has a high workrate too.

Lozza is a BS artist.

julian87

Juniors
Yeah Purts probably should have come in ahead of Harris, but i don't think it is too important, neither of them have a hope of Origin. I actually think the most interesting and widely contested position for Origin is the 2nd wing spot which is realistically between Monaghan and Quinn.

D

Deleted member 10972

What about Steve Turner for City? Bellamy assumed Turner & Lawrence would be playing for City ahead of Rooney & Delaney, surely Jennings must have come into the picture.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Turner or Lawrence will probably end up making the NSW side. Bellamy even said that he has no problems picking players that didn't make the sides.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Peter Wallace is a Lower Mountains junior , played a couple of years before going to grade at St Marys.
The usual story they get a player just before they go on to grade and then claim them as there own.

D

Deleted member 10972

Pomeroy is a good player, big, fast & can break the line. His rush defence is good too when he gets it right, hands are his only problems.

He, after Gaz, Cooper & Monaghan, the best NSW centre. Hayne i won't count, he isn't a centre IMO. A few years ago i would have had Ben Smith ahead of Pomeroy, but at the moment he seems to have disappeared.

Personally i rate Jennings ahead of Pomeroy, but the selectors chose Delaney over Jennings. Lawrence's defence at centre is an issue, but put him on the wing outside someone who can tackle like Cooper, Pomeroy or even Delaney, & he would be devastating. He is one hell of a player.

I was expecting Turner to be named at fullback, Hayne & Lawrence on the wings, Pomeroy & Jennings in the centres. That way, all kids with tremendous talent would have been there, Hodgson is getting on in years now & Delaney isn't as dynamic as the rest. And Rooney...f**k.

Ben Harris was a bit of a shock selection too.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Pomeroy is a good player, big, fast & can break the line. His rush defence is good too when he gets it right, hands are his only problems.

He, after Gaz, Cooper & Monaghan, the best NSW centre. Hayne i won't count, he isn't a centre IMO. A few years ago i would have had Ben Smith ahead of Pomeroy, but at the moment he seems to have disappeared.

Personally i rate Jennings ahead of Pomeroy, but the selectors chose Delaney over Jennings. Lawrence's defence at centre is an issue, but put him on the wing outside someone who can tackle like Cooper, Pomeroy or even Delaney, & he would be devastating. He is one hell of a player.

I was expecting Turner to be named at fullback, Hayne & Lawrence on the wings, Pomeroy & Jennings in the centres. That way, all kids with tremendous talent would have been there, Hodgson is getting on in years now & Delaney isn't as dynamic as the rest. And Rooney...f**k.

Ben Harris was a bit of a shock selection too.

pomeroy last season yes...this season he hasnt shown anything to warrant selection