What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City v Country teams named

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also Mullen pulled out injured so he moved mccrone from the bench to halfback (wtf) and just picked Williams in the mccrone role. I'm not sure what halfbacks are available for nsw country but say if Williams was the next reserve half the most sensible thing is keep mccrone on the bench and Williams into half. I'd be furious if mccrone was playing halfback for the raiders.

Mccrone is fast, decent passing game but he ain't a halfback

Chris Lawrence made the city side. He's barely a first grader these days and only keeps his place in the Tigers team on reputation. What does it say about the centres who missed out? There must be a dearth of talent for city to choose from.

RHCP

Bench
With no Pearce in there I read the exclusion of Stewart as meaning he was a guaranteed selection for Game 1. Is Pearce also 'injured' then?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
4. Centre: Jack Wighton Orange CYMS
This makes me happy, rate this kid, reckon like Daley as a player, given the right half, he could wear 6.

Daley and Brett Kenny stand out there for me, could play either, given an organising half, this kid is the same mould for mine.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Also Mullen pulled out injured so he moved mccrone from the bench to halfback (wtf) and just picked Williams in the mccrone role. I'm not sure what halfbacks are available for nsw country but say if Williams was the next reserve half the most sensible thing is keep mccrone on the bench and Williams into half. I'd be furious if mccrone was playing halfback for the raiders.

Mccrone is fast, decent passing game but he ain't a halfback
Maybe it is to take the first 20 minutes out of Williams hands and then move to hooker. Otherwise it isn't really a good selection.

skeepe

Immortal
This makes me happy, rate this kid, reckon like Daley as a player, given the right half, he could wear 6.

Daley and Brett Kenny stand out there for me, could play either, given an organising half, this kid is the same mould for mine.

Played plenty of 6 in NYC, looked very, very good there.

fairely decent sides thanks to injuries, they really are blessings in disguise fro NSW. Would like to have seen TLL, Fensom and to a lesser extent Ryan Hincliffe in there somewhere.

6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams

vs,

6. Aiden Seizer
7. Albert Kelly

vs.

6. Adam Reynolds
7. Josh Reynolds

These could quite possibly be the combinations that would be fighting it out for a NSW jersey in a year or two.

typicalfan

Coach
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams

vs,

6. Aiden Seizer
7. Albert Kelly

vs.

6. Adam Reynolds
7. Josh Reynolds

These could quite possibly be the combinations that would be fighting it out for a NSW jersey in a year or two.
If Maloney plays like he has for the Roosters so far he could find himself a big chance of getting the 6 jersey for NSW. The more I think of it the more I think Maloney, Bird and Jennings would be a strong left side combination.

RWB

Bench
Jackson, Cordner and McKinnon before Fensom would be an insult.

Naming second rowers as the reasons why a lock missed :lol:

I agree Fensom should be there, in fact I think he should be in the NSW side but you've got no idea do you?

Ryan James is a joke selection, just shift Merrin to the front row and play Fensom at lock.

If Maloney plays like he has for the Roosters so far he could find himself a big chance of getting the 6 jersey for NSW. The more I think of it the more I think Maloney, Bird and Jennings would be a strong left side combination.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Maloney too, he could also be the long term 6 option for NSW, him and Jennings down that left edge would be wicked. I'd prefer to have Bird at lock though, he starved him backs of the ball when he plays on the edges. I'd rather see Lewis and Jennings down that edge, Lewis and Jennings know each other pretty well, so that could be dangerous.

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah I'm a big fan of Maloney too, he could also be the long term 6 option for NSW, him and Jennings down that left edge would be wicked. I'd prefer to have Bird at lock though, he starved him backs of the ball when he plays on the edges. I'd rather see Lewis and Jennings down that edge, Lewis and Jennings know each other pretty well, so that could be dangerous.
Well Bird has the ability to pop a good ball back on the inside and Maloney is a gun support player and runner. I could see a Bird run, pop on the inside to Maloney, he makes half a break and gives a good ball to Jennings for a try.

Well Bird has the ability to pop a good ball back on the inside and Maloney is a gun support player and runner. I could see a Bird run, pop on the inside to Maloney, he makes half a break and gives a good ball to Jennings for a try.

Lewis is really good too in the off loading department, but unlike bird he actually passes. Bird I just find better at 13, he's the best 13 lock in the game, better than Gallen IMO.

RWB

Bench
He's averaged over 100m a game and nearly 50 tackles a game this year. What does he need to do to be better than decent

Probably needs some dread locks like Idris, being a big human like T-rex or a beard like David Williams.

You know all the irrelevant things that matter more than performances... he's just too 'vanilla' :roll:

typicalfan

Coach
With Merrin moving to lock Fensom has competition. I would have picked Merrin at front row personally although I would have picked him for Australia instead if given the choice.

Fensom is unlucky though, must be annoying for him that his lesser teammates (pretty much all of them) are getting rewarded.

Latest posts