What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City v Country

Spot On

Coach
....and the bush mentally continues. I appreciate all your wonderful rhetoric Terry. Keep on fighting the good fight. League in the bush will definitely prosper under your leadership. Just keep those informative interviews coming so the city slickers can garnish a greater understanding of the plight of country rugby league.

drago brelli

Bench
Wow! That East Coast Tiger is one angry, aggressive and abusive character. Good thing that country people are not like him.

And you merkins are ignorant morons who tell lies. Typical of the CRL bashers though. I have yet to read a single comment from this type of person which does not show blatant and unbelievable ignorance towards the game in the bush. You know a CRL basher knows NOTHING about the sport in the bush half way through the first sentence.

drago brelli

Bench
E C Tiger, some of the opinions you have 'replied' to are opinions, not necessarily lies. To say the game in certain parts of the country is struggling are not lies, they are opinions. Two questions, do you consider The Illawarra and Newcastle as part of the country? and you call people with opinions who differ to yours as 'merkins', do you know what a merkin is. I know you'll probably say, yes, I am one but do you know where the term originated?

Last edited:
E C Tiger, some of the opinions you have 'replied' to are opinions, not necessarily lies. To say the game in certain parts of the country is struggling are not lies, they are opinions. Two questions, do you consider The Illawarra and Newcastle as part of the country? and you call people with opinions who differ to yours as 'merkins', do you know what a merkin is. I know you'll probably say, yes, I am one but do you know where the term originated?
Do you understand what a word filter is merkin. And do you know that merkin means merkin?

And yes they are lies. When people say shit like junior numbers in the CRL are dropping - that is a lie. When people say shit like development officers are sitting on their arses instead of visiting schools - that is a lie. Newcastle and Illawarra are part of the CRL. I suppose you're going to say that's just an opinion seeing as you can't tell the difference between opinions and facts.

Spot On

Coach
Do you understand what a word filter is merkin. And do you know that merkin means merkin?

And yes they are lies. When people say shit like junior numbers in the CRL are dropping - that is a lie. When people say shit like development officers are sitting on their arses instead of visiting schools - that is a lie. Newcastle and Illawarra are part of the CRL. I suppose you're going to say that's just an opinion seeing as you can't tell the difference between opinions and facts.

Do all supporters of CRL grow up using the word merkin for people's names????? I sure hope those in the bush (pardon the pun) use slightly less vulgar terminology when addressing each other. Imagine a CRL meeting chaired by one East Coast Merkin.

"Hello Merkins."

"G'day Merkin."

"How's it goin Merkin?"

"Fine thanks Merkin."

And so on.

Now, just who has said that development officers are sitting on their arses? Also, you imply that you know a hell of a lot about junior numbers in the country and how they are growing not falling so just enlighten us all and give us the figures merkin!

Do all supporters of CRL grow up using the word merkin for people's names????? I sure hope those in the bush (pardon the pun) use slightly less vulgar terminology when addressing each other. Imagine a CRL meeting chaired by one East Coast Merkin.

"Hello Merkins."

"G'day Merkin."

"How's it goin Merkin?"

"Fine thanks Merkin."

And so on.

Now, just who has said that development officers are sitting on their arses? Also, you imply that you know a hell of a lot about junior numbers in the country and how they are growing not falling so just enlighten us all and give us the figures merkin!
No, we only use it to describe merkins like you.

Are you suggesting junior numbers in the CRL are falling?

Are you suggesting they have been falling for some time?

Are you suggesting that the CRL has less juniors than the NSWRL?

Spot On

Coach
Do you believe junior numbers are growing in the country? I don't mean in pockets or certain areas but as a whole across NSW.

If the answer to the above is yes, do you believe the growth in the number of juniors playing league is greater than the growth being experienced in AFL and Soccer?

Numbers are growing in the CRL. I've already said that you spastic. In fact they are growing right across the country and have been every year since about 1999. I couldn't give a f**k about VFL and soccer. You're obviously one of these f**ktards who are obsessed with what the VFL is doing seeing as you are an expert on Auskick. That would be only too typical. If RL is growing it doesn't matter one bit what VFL is doing. But I can say categorically that AFL is not growing at all in my area wheareas there are more RL teams this year than last year. That will be hard for you to hear read seeing as you hate the CRL so much and want it to lose money and fans.

Spot On

Coach
Numbers are growing in the CRL. I've already said that you spastic. In fact they are growing right across the country and have been every year since about 1999. I couldn't give a f**k about VFL and soccer. You're obviously one of these f**ktards who are obsessed with what the VFL is doing seeing as you are an expert on Auskick. That would be only too typical. If RL is growing it doesn't matter one bit what VFL is doing. But I can say categorically that AFL is not growing at all in my area wheareas there are more RL teams this year than last year. That will be hard for you to hear read seeing as you hate the CRL so much and want it to lose money and fans.

Where can we access this data EA?

Your hatred of AFL, Victoria and merkins is admirable EA. Keep it up.

Unfortunately my expertise does not encompass the Auskick phenomenon. However, I wish I had just a dollar from every participant in that program each year as I would have more money than the cashed up CRL! I believe that it will not be too long before the IC have a new and improved program for development officers to use based on something similar to the AFL model. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Ahhhhh it's all becoming clear now. You're a f**king Victorian boggerball lover. Only a Victorian would believe their "participation" numbers mean anything. Now it makes sense why you are such a deluded, ignorant pillock.

And just to prove it even more, what would happen if I showed that junior numbers have been increasing in the CRL and that they are higher than the NSWRL? I suppose you'd admit what a f**king lying piece of shit you ar, right?

And I can show that not only are there less VFL teams in this area this year than last year but there are MORE RL teams. You'll f**king hate that being a fumbleball fisting fan.

Spot On

Coach
That would be wonderful Terry, but please provide state-wide figures my angry little friend not carefully chosen pockets/areas.

I don't think I need to respond to the AFL jibber. My frequent and ongoing use of this site makes your assumptions look pretty childish at best but they do highlight your 'merkin' mentality again and again. Their wouldn't be too many people with school aged kids who haven't heard of the Auskick program. Not ground breaking news or top secret stuff Tezza.

Last edited:
The fact that you believe the VFL hype shows you are either a boggerballer or a gullible genius.

But just to get this absolutely crystal clear, if I posted statistics from the ARL that showed that CRL junior registration figures have been increasing it would make you and all the shit you speak completely irrelevant? Is that what you are saying? Yes or no?

Spot On

Coach
I'm very interested to know about the growth or decline in the number of juniors playing league across NSW over the past 10 to 15 years.

Your opinions of me are just that and you are welcome to them. Please feel free to use words such as merkin, dribbleball, liar, country league hater or whatever to help further your fight to save league in the bush. Just remember, a good advertisement for league in the bush is a statewide radio program choc full of league diehard listeners. Too bad no-one form the CRL is prepared to talk on such a wide reaching platform hey.

What state-wide program would this be? You mean a Sydney program that is syndicated in very few parts of the state that is full of Sydney people who know nothing about bush football but still bag it off? Your ignorance extends way way beyond the realms of country football doesn't it.

I have figures that show CRL junior numbers have been rising for a number of years. But they would prove that you are a lying, ignorant moron. Do you really want me to post them. Personally I don't think it will matter because you've shown yourself to be a lying, ignorant moron over and over again anyway.

Spot On

Coach
That program has coverage to millions of people EA. Oh dear, you have little idea do you. It is this sort of thinking the IC must change within the minds of those who apparently run league in the country.

Please provide the figures for the last 15 years. State wide please. Even better, provide the link so all forum users who come across it can gain your elephant like memory of them.
'
It may have taken a few posts but finally you have caved. It will indeed be a pleasure to be called a liar and merkin again and again and again.

That program has coverage to millions of people EA. Oh dear, you have little idea do you. It is this sort of thinking the IC must change within the minds of those who apparently run league in the country.

Please provide the figures for the last 15 years. State wide please. Even better, provide the link so all forum users who come across it can gain your elephant like memory of them.
'
It may have taken a few posts but finally you have caved. It will indeed be a pleasure to be called a liar and merkin again and again and again.
hahahahahaha. You must work for the VFL with that ability to spin figures. "Coverage" must be a bit like the VFL's "participation" figures - complete bullshit. Millions of bacteria listen to is every day perhaps. But as for country people, almost none do. Not least because it's not actually on in the bush during the week. And on weekends it's only on selected stations at selected times. So once again your ignorance is a beacon for all to see.

I'm going to upload the figures that show that your assertion (based on nothing) that junior registration figures in country NSW are falling are complete and utter lies that you have made up. Are you going to stand by this after you ahve been proven wrong beyond all doubt? Or are you going to keep lying and making up shit on subjects you know nothing about?

drago brelli

Bench
Tiger, please don't tell me you have anything to do with school kids. The manner in which you address other people on this thread is offensive. You appear to be quite emotional when you reply to other comments. All this does is take away from your arguement. I hope you are not a Development Officer. You are a poor representative or spokesperson for Country rugby league.

You are a poor representative of rugby league in any form. Anyone with your attitude to the survival and strength of bush football is not a true RL supporter. As this Victorian shows.

After reading tigers comments in this thread, I'd rather let my son dress up in a skirt and play Netball before I let him play in a crl run competition.........I sincerely hope the game in the bush and its administration is nothing like you.

Latest posts