What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

More important clubs than Perth to bring into the league

png
Nz2
Brisbane 3

Even nz3 or brisbane 4 offer more than Perth

If you weren’t selfish you would see that
Amen!

The truth is for Perth to get a licence then some one with better credentials has to miss out.

The arguments for putting a team in Perth don't hold any merit. Perth's population doesn't mean shit because most of its people are dyed in the wool fumbleball fans who won't give any other game a moment of their time. Participation will never be high in Perth. It's a dud market for RL.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What claims exactly? That the Broncos and Dolphins, among others, sell single game memberships? Why would I make that up?!

https://am.ticketmaster.com/brisbanebroncos/ONEgame

https://membership.dolphinsnrl.com.au/packages

Of course I don't have breakdowns of their membership numbers, my criticism is exactly that they sell BS memberships like single games and don't provide breakdowns of their numbers. The only reason you'd do that is if you're intentionally trying to mislead people and potential partners into thinking you have a larger and/or more passionate fanbase than you do in reality!

Furthermore, the fact that others do something immoral and dishonest isn't justification for you to do so as well. No matter who's doing it it's wrong and the NRL should put a stop to it, or at least force the clubs to be transparent about their numbers.

BTW, I'm not as a familiar with all the AFL club's membership systems, so maybe I'm wrong or there's some exception I'm not aware of, but I'm pretty sure that the AFL doesn't allow nonsense anywhere near as bad as single game memberships. Frankly they don't need to BS people like that, and it should be concerning that some NRL clubs do feel it's necessary/acceptable and that the supposed jewels in the crown in Brisbane are amongst them.
You'd think that of all the NRL clubs the Broncos, and Dolphins to lesser extent, would never need to so blatantly fudge numbers like that, and if they're comfortable with that then what other numbers, if any, are they willing to fudge?! We'll probably never know, but it's should be concerning to any honest fan.
Oh God, get over it mate. Yes, every single pro sporting club in the country sell full season, part season and single game memberships. You act like you are uncovering the scandal of the century.

Fact is, memberships (i.e. revenue from fans) are up, attendances are up and we have a high rating side added to the NRL. Not to mention the sponsorship.

Give up mate, the game is flying and there has been meaningful growth because of the Dolphins.

MugaB

Coach
Oh
Oh God, get over it mate. Yes, every single pro sporting club in the country sell full season, part season and single game memberships. You act like you are uncovering the scandal of the century.

Fact is, memberships (i.e. revenue from fans) are up, attendances are up and we have a high rating side added to the NRL. Not to mention the sponsorship.

Give up mate, the game is flying and there has been meaningful growth because of the Dolphins.
But,but,but, ...butt they picked the wrong Brisbane bid gtfoh

Centy Coast

Juniors
ok we’ll count the people who turned out for one game last year, so 45k members lol. Dolphins are fudging the numbers as much as tigers did. Membership numbers are worthless as totally being fudged with freebies and one game cheap memberships by clubs now.
Actually membership numbers is all that matters, the NRL don’t really care how many turn up to the actual games as they are all covered either by Foxtel (Kayo) or Channel 9.

The Great Dane

First Grade

No they don't you liar. It only seems to be a thing amongst some of the NRL sides, and only seems to have started since PVL took over (I'm shocked...). You and your mates are also massive hypocrites, because you'd be absolutely outraged if it was the AFL caught manipulating statistics like that and not the NRL.

None of your statistics show significant growth in the customer base, you know, meaningful growth. All of it can be put down almost exclusively to pre-existing customers buying/consuming more of the product, nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

You tell me the game is flying yet John Grant was saying that the AFL was taking over a couple days go, and you Queenslanders need more teams stop it. One minute Brisbane is the strongest RL market in the world, the next it can't survive because of arguably the two of the weakest clubs in the AFL...

Wb1234

Referee
No they don't you liar. It only seems to be a thing amongst some of the NRL sides, and only seems to have started since PVL took over (I'm shocked...). You and your mates are also massive hypocrites, because you'd be absolutely outraged if it was the AFL caught manipulating statistics like that and not the NRL.

None of your statistics show significant growth in the customer base, you know, meaningful growth. All of it can be put down almost exclusively to pre-existing customers buying/consuming more of the product, nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

You tell me the game is flying yet John Grant was saying that the AFL was taking over a couple days go, and you Queenslanders need more teams stop it. One minute Brisbane is the strongest RL market in the world, the next it can't survive because of arguably the two of the weakest clubs in the AFL...

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Suns 1 game membership... I didn't have to look hard

This is going to blow your mind... are you sitting down? Did you know that AFL and NRL clubs sell non ticketed memberships? Holy shit!! What a scandal. You should shake your fist and yell at the clouds

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Please provide mythical data referencing no new customers in Brisbane.

Game is absolutely flying and yes Brisbane 3 out west will be amazing for the NRL and QLD. It's got nothing to do with AFL they've got nothing out west and barely any foothold in Brisbane at all outside of toffs and prictorians.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Suns 1 game membership... I didn't have to look hard

This is going to blow your mind... are you sitting down? Did you know that AFL and NRL clubs sell non ticketed memberships? Holy shit!! What a scandal. You should shake your fist and yell at the clouds
Bit disingenuous of you, that is for their one off game in Darwin! The lowest membership they do for the Gold Coast is a 3 game pass.

Latest posts