What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clocking off

IanG

Coach
Once again we clocked off too early tonight. letting in two soft tries towards the end there. After getting to a lead of 22-6 we should've kept the tempo up for the whole 80 minutes. The final score of 22-18 is too flattering for the Raiders. We should've kept going with things. But hey a win is a win I suppose and I'm happy we came away with the two points.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
As soon as Buderus walked of the field. Try. As soon as Simpson walked off the field. Try.

We can't defend without those 2.

Nuke

Staff member
Why was Simpson taken off with 90seconds left on the clock? Even if he was sore (and I don't think he was), he didn't need to be replaced then. 5mins to go, fair enough. 90secs though ..?

Yosh

Coach
Nuke said:
Why was Simpson taken off with 90seconds left on the clock? Even if he was sore (and I don't think he was), he didn't need to be replaced then. 5mins to go, fair enough. 90secs though ..?

Had interchanges left and he was hurting so why not. Never know could of agrivated the injury in those 90 secs and been out for a month or soemthing. Unlikely yes but could happen.

shane1970

Juniors
CLOCKING OFF - I was friggen fuming.
I had a Sports Multi Bet on Friday : Broncos to win 1-12 : Storm to win 13+ : Eels to win 1-12 : Tigers try to be the first scoring play and the Knights to win by more than 6 1/2 for a win of $561 and they bloody CLOCKED OFF.
Whats ironic about it is that even when the scoreline got to 22 - 6 and the cameras showed BUDERUS back waiting for KIDLEY to kick the goal I said to the TV - "keep em going Bedsy don't clock off."
Knowing how we have done it SSOOOOOOOOOO many times before I never really felt confident and 'blow me away' from the kick off Patto drops the ball and wham Raiders try - and then the double WHAMMY with 30 seconds to go.
Thanks fellas - now your only way of redemption is to win the bloody comp for me so I can collect on the eight or so bets at very juicy odds I have had on you.

Jono078

Referee
I was pretty dissapointed in clocking off.

It was a game where we should have been up by atleast 16 at the break, and then in the second half we should have gone on with it while we had them

So a 30 point margin would have been nice, 4 points isnt good enough, especially with our F/A and the chances we had last night.

CJKnight

Juniors
Man we really gotta learn not to clock off when our veterans come off for a rest. We did a similar thing earlier this year when we had a 7-point lead but gave away a try with 5 seconds to go and ended up wining by 1. Now, we have a 16-odd point lead with a few minutes to go and end up winning by 4.

This is where Mullen, Doogs, and Woolnough (as part of the leadership team) need to enforce plenty of dummy-half running and kicking to the corners to close out a game and protect a strong lead. If the opposition makes a mistake in their own half, THEN we can set our sights on attacking plays.

Jono078

Referee
The opposition did make their fair share of mistakes in their half...

Failed to punish them though.

Then when they got in our half it all looked a little to easy, they targeted the hell out of Walsh, if they done that for the whole 80 we would of lost.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I was dissapointed also, you could see it with about 10 mins to go.
Sometimes they seem to stay on the ball (pardon the pun) but others times they go back to their old ways and drop off.

jhonny bravo

Juniors
This clocking off business is nothing new to the Knights as this has been a trait of sides since Mal Rileys last year. We lost two semi finals (the one to the dogs the worst) when we blew 16 point leads in 1998. Warren Ryan Could change it Hagan made it worse but Smthy hopefully will change this as time goes on.

This is a good discussion and all, but why hasn't anyone mentioned the person responsible for both trys last night? What is with the love-in for this McManus chump? Lucky the Raiders didn't realise the liability 10 mins earlier.

Jono078

Referee
Danish Moo Cow said:
This is a good discussion and all, but why hasn't anyone mentioned the person responsible for both trys last night? What is with the love-in for this McManus chump? Lucky the Raiders didn't realise the liability 10 mins earlier.

I don't think it was all to blame on McManus, once they started running over Walsh, Tighe and McManus moved in closer to him to help but they were smart enough to use the numbers and go on the outside.