What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clown Hadley on the Footy Show tonight

Game_Breaker

Coach
Using the word terrorism is very disrespectful to the real victims of terrorism and thier families.
I dont see how you can compare people dying and hundreds of people getting serious injuries with this.

Iafeta said:
But hang on, he was right.

The CEO was saying that he would take his kids back in a heart beat, there was nothing for no one to worry about - Hadley said no, thats not the case, not only had he fielded calls/emails ad nauseum but the girl in the crowd with her comments backed up how unsafe they felt.

The CEO was trying to paint up a good picture of how safe it still is, and how everyone feels safe, which is bullsh!t and utter tripe.

Good on Hadley.

That guy was saying that what happend on Friday night wouldnt deter him from taking his kids to a footy game, and whats wrong with that?
Is he going to let these scumbags dictate what he should do with his family?

Iafeta

Referee
RiotAct said:
Complete BS, I'm so sick of terrorism being mixed in with stupidity, Terrorism is an organized group or person who set out to kill, to put these clowns in that category is BS.

Whatever you want to call it - I personally think "stupidity" is a bit meak and mild for what happened. The noise that thing let off should have it labelled as a bit more than the wet bus ticket slap tag of "stupidity".

I just hope we never (and I don't think we will as long as we take these incidents seriously) get to the stage of all the sh!t thats gone on in Europe at the football with riots and what not, and has even started up between rival football clubs.

Dog-E

Juniors
El Diablo said:
it's just a f**king radio frequency, not a sign of intelligence or lack of

Well, it IS a generalsiation...but - as generalisations sometimes are - it's a faaaiiiirly accurate one!

So...That's your opinion mate...and you're welcome to it, of course! Just...don't bring it over near me again, please - because it smells just AWFUL! :lol:
;-)

Iafeta

Referee
Game_Breaker said:
Using the word terrorism is very disrespectful to the real victims of terrorism and thier families.
I dont see how you can compare people dying and hundreds of people getting serious injuries with this.

That guy was saying that what happend on Friday night wouldnt deter him from taking his kids to a footy game, and whats wrong with that?
Is he going to let these scumbags dictate what he should do with his family?

He was making out that he felt no reason why he wouldn't take his kids to the football - as in the rest of you, there's no great drama, rock up, no worries. This is a serious incident - Ray Hadley was entitled to what he said. I'd rather he interjected - yes, I think he's a dramatising scoundrel on most things and I detest a lot of what he says - then sat on the fence and let that go through to the keeper.

Iafeta

Referee
Dog-E said:
Wow...thankfully iafeta lives (I HOPE!) in NZ!

Because we sure as hell don't need 'stupid genes' like that intermingling with our own, in this fine land down under!! ;-)

We're struggling as it IS to keep a lid on the morons!...Wipe out Ray Hadley's/John Laws'/Steve Price's entire listenership...Wipe out rebecca Wilson's entire readership...and the average IQ in this country would LEAP a good 50 or 60 points...overnight!!

Aren't able to read? "Location: Sydney".

Look Dog-E, I completely agree with you on Hadley/Laws/Price/Wilson. But thats the media in all parts of the world, there's those who make a great loving out of sensationalism.

But my own personal opinion, this is the only time I have agreed with Ray Hadley dramatising over a situation. Only time. I think he's a knucklehead most of the time. Again, for the record, this isn't a Bulldogs situation - this is a moron situation. Those guys/gals I doubt are true Bulldogs fans. I think certain sections of the media have been wrong for typecasting Bulldogs fans or generalising they are the only ones who cause problems at the footy.

However, when alls said and done, I think Hadley interjecting and talking of the calls he's had (and generally those listening to his sort of frequencies are people looking for a good beat up story as well) was a fair response to Telstra's CEO's comments about how he felt it prudent he tell everyone nothing changed his opinion that its safe to take the kids to the football. For the record, I agree, and this incident doesn't change it - I will still take my family to the footy, to a Roosters game, Eels game, Bulldogs game - that sort of carry on could happen at any game. But there are probably those, as Hadley has talked to, that feel different to you or I on it.

Iafeta

Referee
Game_Breaker said:
But whats wrong with that?
Should he say to his kids "ok no more football games"

He's not the only one. He wanted to paint a very rosey picture - lets not forget what his role is, his performance is evaluated by bums in seats. This is not a good scene for him, he's got to A: downplay the seriousness of it as much as he can in terms of injuries and the ability to be injured B: sound proactive to the general public that they'll get "tough". It almost sounded like the classic CEO comment of lets sweep it under the carpet when a bad result in the annual report comes out to the stock market.

Hadley has heard people who feel differently, he's allowed to express that. And he did.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I can assure you that I would never go to another Bulldogs game because of this! All the problems seem to be at Bulldogs games. I will take my brothers/sister out to the footy EXCEPT when the Bulldogs are playing in any circumstances. Too many problems and it becomes a rubbish night!

RiotAct

Juniors
Iafeta said:

Look Dog-E, I completely agree with you on Hadley/Laws/Price/Wilson. But thats the media in all parts of the world, there's those who make a great loving out of sensationalism.

But my own personal opinion, this is the only time I have agreed with Ray Hadley dramatising over a situation. Only time. I think he's a knucklehead most of the time. Again, for the record, this isn't a Bulldogs situation - this is a moron situation. Those guys/gals I doubt are true Bulldogs fans. I think certain sections of the media have been wrong for typecasting Bulldogs fans or generalising they are the only ones who cause problems at the footy.

However, when alls said and done, I think Hadley interjecting and talking of the calls he's had (and generally those listening to his sort of frequencies are people looking for a good beat up story as well) was a fair response to Telstra's CEO's comments about how he felt it prudent he tell everyone nothing changed his opinion that its safe to take the kids to the football. For the record, I agree, and this incident doesn't change it - I will still take my family to the footy, to a Roosters game, Eels game, Bulldogs game - that sort of carry on could happen at any game. But there are probably those, as Hadley has talked to, that feel different to you or I on it.

Spot on

Dog-E

Juniors
Game_Breaker said:
But whats wrong with that?
Should he say to his kids "ok no more football games"

EXACTLY!!

I'd take my kids (if I had any) to the footy with me - NO worries whatsoEVER!!!

Would I take them to sit in the Bulldogs army though? NO!

But - by the same token...would I take them to sit near the Saints army @ Kogarah either? The Souths 'Burrow' @ the SFS? To stand on the hill at brookvale? to sit near the 'bogan brigade' at Newcastle??...HELLLLLLL - NO, I wouldn't!!! :eek: And what's more - I wouldn't have last year...OR the year before that...OR 5 years before that!...Get the picture here?

It's just....common....sense mate! You know what that is, right??...Something that is almost completely bereft from this thread!...Some of the people in here aren't fit to coment on the question "What's your name?", let alone a topic like this! Fair dinkum! :lol:

Don't focus on us iafeta...that is your FIRST mistake!

RiotAct

Juniors
Matt Johns got it right, Idiots using Canterbury club as a vehicle for hooliganism, or whatever the hell he said i forget

lemon rabbit

Juniors
Was Hadley there for ratings? In part, Yes. Channel Nine and The Footy Show are a commercial entity and they will do whatever they think is going to boost their ratings. Needless to say it worked - The Footy Show were the number one program at 9:30pm last night.

Was Hadley there for Controversy? Perhaps, but he didn't provide any. He spoke what he believed, and rightly spoke over that fool Edwards who just towed the company line and said that the incident was isolated. What rock was he living under?

But lets take controversy and ratings out of it for a minute. Like him or hate him, to say Hadley doesn't deserve to be there, whether it was for ratings or not, isn't correct. Hadley runs a talkback program seven days a week that for the last week has talked about this incident over and over again. Hadley was the major person on that panel who has taken constant calls and emails from the general public. Yes, other people on talkback radio have done the same thing, but that doesn't mean Hadley's spot is warranted any more or less.

Iafeta

Referee
Dog-E said:
EXACTLY!!

I'd take my kids (if I had any) to the footy with me - NO worries whatsoEVER!!!

Would I take them to sit in the Bulldogs army though? NO!

But - by the same token...would I take them to sit near the Saints army @ Kogarah either? The Souths 'Burrow' @ the SFS? To stand on the hill at brookvale? to sit near the 'bogan brigade' at Newcastle??...HELLLLLLL - NO, I wouldn't!!! :eek: And what's more - I wouldn't have last year...OR the year before that...OR 5 years before that!...Get the picture here?

It's just....common....sense mate! You know what that is, right??...Something that is almost completely bereft from this thread!...Some of the people in here aren't fit to coment on the question "What's your name?", let alone a topic like this! Fair dinkum! :lol:

Don't focus on us iafeta...that is your FIRST mistake!

I haven't focused on "you".

As I've said a few times, I doubt the morons have any real interest or connection to the Bulldogs aside from wearing the jersey perhaps.

As I said before, it could happen at any game, with any club. There's moronic factions in all of them.

I've focussed on the incident.

El Diablo

Post Whore
RiotAct said:
Wheres the gang activity mate?, or are you going to make it up as you go along

errr it was intimadating and was a violent act. It was an act of gang like behaviour although probably only performed by one person.

It terrified some people that went and because of this they probably won't go again.

Why the hell Hadley seems to be copping more of a bagging over this than than the f**ktard who did it says a lot about certain people.

Next we'll be hearing he orchastrated it so he could get on TV :roll:

Dog-E

Juniors
Iafeta said:

This is all fair enough...and i DO apologise for being a bit insulting to you before - because I can see now, that you at least are putting SOME thought into this...And that your opinions have been thought out - even though I do not agree with them entirely - And I will defend to my death your right to HAVE a well-thought out opinion! ;-)

....but just - having witnessed some of the....unbelievably stupid things said about this over the past week - I KNOW these kind of ignorant idiots exist...in ALARMING numbers, what's more!...And come out of the woodwork like fleas at a filthy cat festival when something like this occurs!

And when one of their 'moral leader's and crusaders for all that is right and decent' like Ray Hadley does when he comes out and comments as he did last night - is fan these flames of stupidity and pure abject hatred!

He is pathetic.

lemon rabbit

Juniors
Have the media over-rated this whole thing? Perhaps.

But you know what, we live in a time where you can be blown up simply travelling to work on a train, or die because extremists want to fly planes into buildings.

Sensationalism sells papers, and makes money. Why do more people read the telegraph than the herald? Why do more people watch Nine news than the ABC?

However, I do not believe this situation has been sensationalised at all. I don't believe anyone has actually came out and rated this incident similar to the ones in London, New York, Madrid etc. What the media are saying is, what if this incident was somewhat larger? Can we avoid this? Why don't Telstra Stadium do stringent bag tests?

And to the person who said being an AM Talkback host is the lowest form of media there is, give me a break. Have a look at some news websites in the world, or some international television networks, and then come back to me.

AM radio, while often over the top, is also often informative, news breaking and interesting - primarily because it is driven by the callers. Us. You.

lemon rabbit

Juniors
RiotAct said:
Hadley had more of an idea of the publics opinions and concerns

100% correct. As the number one rated talkback host on weekdays and weekends, his place there and his knowledge of public opinion was high.

Latest posts