What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C'mon Premier League

Chachi

Bench
I have to get some positive news on here!

Well, after a massive game from the PL boys against the Sharks (48-6 from memory) it looks like we might have a decent crack at the PL finals. Dobbo, Goodwin and Hinchy all had a great game and might be hitting some form at the right time. Dobbo worked well with McCrone and managed to run the team really well. Sau did a couple of nice things but, like Best, seems to be having trouble setting up his winger after switching to the centres.

Shaun Fensom got the MOTM after a pretty good performance in the second row. Some nice offloads and he worked pretty hard all over the park. Brenton Lawrence also had a few big moments and I really hope we don't lose him with PL dropping out next year.

Pity we won't jag a home final but these guys just might give the title a shake even though the Dogs and Panthers have cracking teams.

**Edit - I'm not sure if Dobbo qualifies for the finals.

yellow

Juniors
Wasn't at the game because of a family bereavement but did Raston,Williams and Rothery play. If so, how did they go. THANX.

Chachi

Bench
yellow said:
Wasn't at the game because of a family bereavement but did Raston,Williams and Rothery play. If so, how did they go. THANX.
Sorry to hear about the family situation mate.

Raston and Rothery didn't play. Not sure what the Rothery situation is - saw him walk around from a distance and he seemed to be moving OK - then again so did Bickerstaff...

Williams went OK. Started the game and made some good metres and was pretty solid with the ball. Probably didn't play as many minutes as I'd like but he did well.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I think the Premier League side would give the NRL side a run for their money. Come to think of it, my money would be on them to win.

yellow

Juniors
Thanx for that information Chachi. On a personal note. I appreciate the input you do in the Raiders forum and I think you have some wise words. Even when I was bagging Weyman you were calm in your comments. So I apologised to all the Weyman fans. A week back you wished Jason Williams well in the future and conveyed kind words. I have spoken to Williams on a number of occasions and if you get passed those Tattoo's he's a good guy. Much appreciated: YELLOW.

legend

Coach
I think PL won 48-6 or something like that so they look to be coming good at the right time of year.

Chachi

Bench
yellow said:
Thanx for that information Chachi. On a personal note. I appreciate the input you do in the Raiders forum and I think you have some wise words. Even when I was bagging Weyman you were calm in your comments. So I apologised to all the Weyman fans. A week back you wished Jason Williams well in the future and conveyed kind words. I have spoken to Williams on a number of occasions and if you get passed those Tattoo's he's a good guy. Much appreciated: YELLOW.
Too easy yellow. I certainly don't know any of the players personally like you do, nor do I go out of my way to meet them other than just a quick g'day. I figure it helps to keep objective when giving them a wrap or a blast even though I really know fu@k all about the game and will never pretend to! Given some of the stuff you hear around the traps it also makes me think I don't really want to know what's going on in the background anyway.

I know we originally got off on the wrong foot with all that Weyman business (like I have with a few people around here :lol:), but it's been really good getting to know where you're coming from. And, without a word of a lie, having your input has helped me see the game and many of our players from a different perspective.

Take it easy in the off-season mate, and all the best. Cheers.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
I'm going to have a look as Leichhardt Oval is only 10 mins down the road from where I live. Am looking forward to seeing some of the players I've heard u guys talk about in the forum. I'm guessing Fensom is injured as he hasn't been named?

CFMEU Canberra Raiders v Balmain Ryde Tigers
At Leichardt Oval, Saturday September 8, 2007
Kickoff 3:00pm

1 Bronx Goodwin
2 Troy O’Sullivan
3 Junior Sau
4 Brad Cross
5 Michael Brophy
6 Terry Campese
7 Marc Herbert
8 Trevor Thurling
9 Ryan Hinchcliffe (c)
10 Cy Lasscock
11 Alan Rothery
12 Joe Picker
13 Ryan Barton

14 Steve McLean
15 Brenton Lawrence
16 Josh White
17 Jason Williams
18 Jack Pearson
19 Willie Raston

http://www.raiders.com.au

skeepe

Immortal
Fensom has gone back to Jersey Flegg. Last week was his first Premier League match, I'm guessing as cover for Rothery who was injured and Picker who was in FG.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
D'oh! If I had have looked at the Flegg lineup a bit closer I would have seen him named at lock.

I'll post a score on this thread for those who are interisted. I think we are in with a good chance after seeing Balmain play North Sydney the other week.

smeghead

Bench
Best of luck in PL & Flegg as both are taking on the Tigers this week.

PL is an interesting clash indeed.

FTR Tigers squad for the match is

1 Rhys Hanbury
2 Jason Moodie
3 Ben Jeffery
4 Matt Parata
5 Lee Bennett ©

6 Tim Moltzen
7 Blake Lazarus

8 Luke Harlen
9 Stuart Flanagan
10 Ryan O’Hara
11 Danny Galea
12 Jarrod Saffy
13 Tevita Metuisela

14 Tom Harberecht
15 Rocky Trimarchi
16 Samu Wara
17 David Marando
18 Lewis Brown
19 Jai Ayoub
20 Sam Moa

Chachi

Bench
Fensom had a great game too. I wonder if he's ever contemplated a switch to fullback...

legend

Coach
Ryan O'Hara really has fallen a long way hasn't he?

From an Origin player to premier league in a couple of seasons is a steep fall.

colonel_123

Juniors
legend said:
Ryan O'Hara really has fallen a long way hasn't he?

From an Origin player to premier league in a couple of seasons is a steep fall.

Actually with Ryan O'Hara and Jason Moodie there the Balmain premier league side is fielding two former SOO reps...