What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cnetral Coast Bears - the Momentum Builds and Builds

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Gallop in today's SMH talking up Gosford and wanting the Bears back. Yesterday's Telegraph - Nick Walshaw talking up survey with overwhelming support for CC Bears by 75% of league fans.

can you smell what teh Bears are cooking?

Finally sports greatest crime - perpetuated for 10 years - could be redressed - the reintroduction of the assassinated Bears. This would be the greatest news for rugby league in 100 years.

To top it off, they should kick out Manly for 10 years - and let's see if the She-Eagles could survive without the usual leg-ups they've relied on.

Bears in. Manly scum out.

And let's use Peter Peters weekly diet to feed a third world country for a whole year!

How sweet that would be.

Peppers

Juniors
Serious Question - Do the people of the Central Coast want to be a resurrection of the Bears or do they want their own team? Is there a chance they might not be happy with essentially being a relocation of the NS Bears.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Not wishing to put words in their mouths, if I was them I'd rather the Bears than a relocated existing team (e.g. Sharks).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
essentially a relocation of NS bears?

Do yourself a favour and conduct some research.

What a stupid remark :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
I refuse to have any positive thoughts regarding this until i see an actual announcement of the bears are back. The positivty over at Mightybears seems to be just setting up for a crushing dissapointment.

This could be awesome though:)

Hass

Juniors
Why? Are you saying the Bears should be back because they will add to the NRL or just to make ammends for history?

Both. The return of the Bears will entench Rugby League's position as the premier code on the Central Coast and will also go some way to bringing back some fans on the North Shore.

With every passing year it may seem easier and easier to pretend the Bears weren't royally screwed over and to say "it's in the past now". I don't think we can truly move on from the pain of the Super League war until that wrong is righted. We've come a long way, but bringing back the Bears would put a cap on things.

It's amazing to think that many people were against Souths return in 2002 because it was another NSW club. We'd have a lot less fans today if Souths were still in the footballing wilderness.

thorson1987

Coach
Both. The return of the Bears will entench Rugby League's position as the premier code on the Central Coast and will also go some way to bringing back some fans on the North Shore.

With every passing year it may seem easier and easier to pretend the Bears weren't royally screwed over and to say "it's in the past now". I don't think we can truly move on from the pain of the Super League war until that wrong is righted. We've come a long way, but bringing back the Bears would put a cap on things.

It's amazing to think that many people were against Souths return in 2002 because it was another NSW club. We'd have a lot less fans today if Souths were still in the footballing wilderness.

I dont just blame Super League for the demise of the Mighty Bears, i also lay a bit of blame on the grubs from Manly. That abomination of a team the Northern Eagles was what destroyed us. And thats what Manly wanted.

mave

Coach
I dont just blame Super League for the demise of the Mighty Bears, i also lay a bit of blame on the grubs from Manly. That abomination of a team the Northern Eagles was what destroyed us. And thats what Manly wanted.

Super League, Manly. It's always everyone else's fault but the Bears. Just a small amount of accountability from Bears fans about their previous administrators would be good.

Oh, and don't forget the bad weather which held up construction at Bluetounge, that's what really screwed you guys over. :roll:

super_coach

First Grade
Anyway the bottom line is----The central coast needs a team playing every second weekend out of bluetounge stadium and the work Florimo and his teams has done needs to be rewarded. It is madness not to have a team in such a growth area. They have the population, they have the ground and plenty of support from the c operate sector. Every year they put it off is madness

Latest posts