What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

TheRev

First Grade
Hang onto that seat mate. It could be a rough road, or a magical mystery tour.
I'm with you both, and I'm buckling up my seatbelt... cause the reality is we are out-gunned for 2024 and probably 2025.. but if we can keep the bus 'mostly' in its lane for that 2yrs.. and gathering momentum.. we should come out the other end and have a far more scenic journey in front of us.

Dea

Juniors
Flanno sent me a personal email thanking me for supporting the team [it had my name on it at least!]. Apparently Dragons Footy is gone [thankfully!] and now “One of our key initiatives this year is to do everything by The Dragons Way”

As for performance and outcomes:
I have every confidence this team is going to win a lot more games than last year, but wins and losses aren’t the only measure of success. Of course we go out to win every game but what I want to see is a team that’s tough and gritty. A team that’s aggressive with its defence. A team that forces other teams to beat it. A team that stays in every contest until the end. That’s what you’re going to get from your Dragons this year.

Flanno, I will be happy with this for 2024, and then finals contenders from 2025 and beyond.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Flanno sent me a personal email thanking me for supporting the team [it had my name on it at least!]. Apparently Dragons Footy is gone [thankfully!] and now “One of our key initiatives this year is to do everything by The Dragons Way”

As for performance and outcomes:
I have every confidence this team is going to win a lot more games than last year, but wins and losses aren’t the only measure of success. Of course we go out to win every game but what I want to see is a team that’s tough and gritty. A team that’s aggressive with its defence. A team that forces other teams to beat it. A team that stays in every contest until the end. That’s what you’re going to get from your Dragons this year.

Flanno, I will be happy with this for 2024, and then finals contenders from 2025 and beyond.
That seems awfully similar to my personal mail from Flanno ;)

hewi

Bench
From Foxsports and I agree.

3. Will Shane Flanagan persist with Zac Lomax on the wing?
Zac Lomax needs to be closer to the action, at fullback, as one of St George Illawarra’s genuine strike weapons. Flanagan also agreed Lomax’s involvement needs to increase during the pre-season, almost teasing that the 24-year old would make a permanent switch to fullback in 2024 – so watching him on the wing last weekend left Red V fans perplexed. Tyrell Sloan is a player of the future but the Dragons need results now or at least to show signs of improvement early. Sloan had a mixed bag in the Charity Shield, drifting in and out of the game and lacked impact running the ball back and making costly errors. It should be enough for Lomax to leap ahead of Sloan in the fullbacks pecking order with the latter given a run on the wing.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
From Foxsports and I agree.

3. Will Shane Flanagan persist with Zac Lomax on the wing?
Zac Lomax needs to be closer to the action, at fullback, as one of St George Illawarra’s genuine strike weapons. Flanagan also agreed Lomax’s involvement needs to increase during the pre-season, almost teasing that the 24-year old would make a permanent switch to fullback in 2024 – so watching him on the wing last weekend left Red V fans perplexed. Tyrell Sloan is a player of the future but the Dragons need results now or at least to show signs of improvement early. Sloan had a mixed bag in the Charity Shield, drifting in and out of the game and lacked impact running the ball back and making costly errors. It should be enough for Lomax to leap ahead of Sloan in the fullbacks pecking order with the latter given a run on the wing.
Makes perfect sense to me…but has anything made sense with the dragons in the past 10 years? The answer….No…

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Can you post where you saw that Flanno is keen to keep the players you mentioned?

Also if your source is fox Sports pls dont post as it's likely a load of shite.

I'm also not 100% sold on the rumoured changes but I'm not gonna critisize flano for what may not be happening behind the scenes.

I strongly feel flano isn't gonna f**k around as he's probably on his last chance and low quality players like the ones you mentioned are probably all sweating.
Bahahaahahaha.

Baggers got you a beauty here champ.

You thought your man the druggo wasn't going to retain BMM, Bird and the Feagais.

Then you so arrogantly doubted his sources you fool and baggers was 10000% correct.

Looks like someone got you there didn't they champ? 😂😂😄😂😂😂😂😂😂

@baggygreen man well done here mate and what a great call from yourself. Your posts are worth a lot more than this Fool's and I hope to see you keep contributing regularly to the forum.