What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Trifili13

Juniors
Nothing against Cooper, a champion player, and he might turn out to be the greatest assistant coach in the history of the game, by why no outrage that he is an old boy as i can see those calls if he comes in and is not successful.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I dont think there is outrage because he has stood up against the front office. Coopes was a great player and i believe he will show the current players what it takes to succeed. If the players dont respond it will not be his fault. Cooper is a leader and should have the respect of any player, administrator or fan of our club.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Cooper will be worth his weight in gold should he indeed join the coaching ranks . Everything about the man when he was playing was professional and I could not imagine anything less as a assistant coach .

Get him onboard quickly so as he can teach some of our tackle shy Dragons just how it is done .
The back 5 could only benefit from Matt Cooper instruction

Trifili13

Juniors
While i am grateful for what Cooper did as a player, what has he done as a coach to deserve to be an assistant of a first grade side? Has he coached at lower grades or park footy? We must separate Cooper the player and Cooper the coach. There are a litany of examples of great players not translating into the coaching ranks. Now i hope he is a success and hope he is part of a coaching set up that brings glory back to the Dragon's. Will supporters bag the players if they don't improve or Cooper? I agree that our recent coaches have been crap but most want to blame them rather than the poor quality of players that we have.
Please don't take this as me not wanting Cooper, just offering a different perspective.

Dragon David

First Grade
It has been said on another thread that Flanno has denied talking to Cooper and that all coaching staff appointments have been concluded. Does that mean that Carr is staying on? Haven't seen any confirmation on the attacking coach if it is not Carr.

RedVDave

First Grade
I know some on here are touting Flanno as the messiah but I am really not so convinced at this point we've made one signing for next year, he's brought back Dean Young to the club, there are still rumblings that captain wants out, we essentially have the same team next year as this year Feagai, Sloan, Amone are all problematic players (Amone off the field to) Flanno was available for a few years and no one wanted him the drugs and salary cap breaches he had is not a good look to a club that has already lost sponsors and had a horrible internal and external toxic culture. Obviously I want to be wrong here but I think it'll take more than a coach to fix everything at our club.

Como Connection

First Grade
I know some on here are touting Flanno as the messiah but I am really not so convinced at this point we've made one signing for next year, he's brought back Dean Young to the club, there are still rumblings that captain wants out, we essentially have the same team next year as this year Feagai, Sloan, Amone are all problematic players (Amone off the field to) Flanno was available for a few years and no one wanted him the drugs and salary cap breaches he had is not a good look to a club that has already lost sponsors and had a horrible internal and external toxic culture. Obviously I want to be wrong here but I think it'll take more than a coach to fix everything at our club.
As I recalled the Dragons wanted Flanno to replace Mary but the NRL ban still existed.
CC

thebigredv

First Grade
All I know is there is not a single player in the team that is comparable to Matt Cooper.

Now he was a footy player!

We would be privileged to have him around whether he can coach anything into our outside backs or not.

Brains.
Strength.
Rock solid defence.
Finishing prowess.
and above all
Pride in the red v.

All attributes you won’t find in players today.

Get him in.

hewi

Bench
Danny Weidler today

The hardline stance of incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan on Ben Hunt means he will have a player at his club next season who would rather be somewhere else.
With the Dragons looking less and less likely to agree to Hunt’s request for an early release, he will now turn his focus to getting out of his contract in 2025. At this point, Hunt will be committed to the players around him and will be at the Dragons next year.
He had a heart-to-heart talk with his agent, Col Davis, last week and is resigned to the fact the Dragons won’t let him leave.

Like many at the club, Hunt is waiting for the big signings that have been promised by the new coach. Flanagan has told people the club is in the mix for Roosters stars Joseph Manu and Joseph Suaalii, who has signed a massive deal to play rugby from 2025. Both seem very long odds to head to Wollongong.
Hunt would be the key piece in the Titans’ puzzle, and could turn them into a side that challenges for the finals.

jeffdragon

Bench
Danny Weidler today

The hardline stance of incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan on Ben Hunt means he will have a player at his club next season who would rather be somewhere else.
With the Dragons looking less and less likely to agree to Hunt’s request for an early release, he will now turn his focus to getting out of his contract in 2025. At this point, Hunt will be committed to the players around him and will be at the Dragons next year.
He had a heart-to-heart talk with his agent, Col Davis, last week and is resigned to the fact the Dragons won’t let him leave.

Like many at the club, Hunt is waiting for the big signings that have been promised by the new coach. Flanagan has told people the club is in the mix for Roosters stars Joseph Manu and Joseph Suaalii, who has signed a massive deal to play rugby from 2025. Both seem very long odds to head to Wollongong.
Hunt would be the key piece in the Titans’ puzzle, and could turn them into a side that challenges for the finals.

Give it a rest Wiedler.
Hasn't got any new stories so he keeps alluding to this.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Weasel every week on his Sunday paper has had an article about Hunt and dragons.
Seems like he is being someone’s mouthpiece in trying to create an issue that doesn’t seem to be there at present.
This drama so as his mate Gus can make a play by creating problems.
Never liked the Weasel should have let him fall down the stairs at the back of the old Allianz and let him hit his head on the railings. Piece of shit and I’m being generous