What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffee thread

how do you have your coffee?

• Total voters

Parra

Referee
I want more coffee in my life, but it's not exactly easy to find here in China outside of Starbucks.

I know instant coffee is shit, but if I want to get some coffee sent over to me that I can make at home without a French Press - what would you caffeinated SOBs recommend?

I'll 2nd pods ( or 3rd , 4th whatever). Cheap, easy & good.

DB

First Grade
I agree... My local shop, and also SBW's local has just started with Toby's Estate.

urban eel

Juniors
product1_4030.jpg

now the proud owner of one of these

Cliffhanger

Coach
I've upgraded to double ristrettos. I am disgusted at how many qualified baristas have no idea how to make one.

I was in Bondi for the day a few weeks ago, I ordered a double ristretto from three different cafes, not one got it right and at one place the jerks charged me 4.50 for the disgrace, had the same problem at North Sydney too.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I drink energy drink.

Tastes less like shit, and I don't feel like such an asshole ordering it.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I went through a little phase of energy drinks, usually on night's out because I don't drink Alcohol and I need a caffeine high to be able to dance without feeling self conscious.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've mostly weaned myself off it now. Between it not being available in China and being hard to find in Africa, I'm having to make do with what passes for coffee here.

That said, the boss makes a brilliant Slovenian coffee that perks me up like a 500ml Mother.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I double scoop preworkout, or coffee with a natural sleep aid (usually phenibut or GH Blast), before nights out when it mixes with caffeine rather than helping you sleep it makes you more awake, but you feel super relaxed.

Last time I did four shots of coffee, and phenibut plus 1000mg of tyrosine before an exam, it f**ked me up, I had the answers but I struggled to articulate anything, I think it was the four shots of coffee, as usually I only have two before an exam.

Bazal

Post Whore
Can't do energy drinks regularly. Too much caffeine for me, I wind up like a coke head for a few hours if I'm not careful. Plus they're awful for you...which isn't a concern for some but definitely is for me. I already drink too much alcohol, I don't need energy drinks and soft drink on top of that :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Caffeine really doesn't have much of an effect on me, and never has. I just like the taste of energy drinks.

Bazal

Post Whore
It never used to affect me but in recent years it's started to send me pretty mental sometimes, haha. Coffee is bad enough some days