What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
This is Browny's positive face. Should see his down face!

r1469708_21480795.jpg

Patorick

Staff member
One things for sure, you can guarantee Browny will leave the Knights in much better shape than Benny.
More Tinkler (and the Johns brothers) IMHO.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=90b8625fffff079ad5a885540454219e-1492641050

"Anything that keeps us ahead of the game I am all for," Matthew Johns said.

"I am not across the books but this would be great for the club.

"Private ownership is the way ahead. It is going to happen so why delay the inevitable?

"It would ensure the club's future - I can't find anything bad about it. I think the club is nervous about how the fans will react, but the Hunter has always been rugby league mad. That won't change because Nathan Tinkler comes in."

Andrew Johns was adamant the Knights should not let Tinkler walk away.

"I would love him to be involved with the Knights," he said. "Nathan loves the area and is passionate, not only about Newcastle but the whole Hunter region. He is also backing the Newcastle Jets.

"I don't know all the figures and I'm sure there are different models being discussed. That is for the hierarchy.

"But Nathan is a rugby league man and he has to be involved."

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think Tinkler and Bennett in that order. The salary cap mess we were in is due to the signings made on Bennetts watch.

He looked for the quick fix premiership, and when it didn't come and there was no juice left in the orange, he picked the eyes out of the club and went to his next gig.

Good for Wayne, not so good for the Knights.

grouch

First Grade
I think Tinkler and Bennett in that order. The salary cap mess we were in is due to the signings made on Bennetts watch.

He looked for the quick fix premiership, and when it didn't come and there was no juice left in the orange, he picked the eyes out of the club and went to his next gig.

Good for Wayne, not so good for the Knights.
What are the "eyes" he picked out exactly? Are you referring to his own support staff, the ones he brought with him and brings everywhere? Or are you referring to players? Darius Boyd and.... who else of note?

Bennett's a handy scapegoat - the fact is anyone following Wayne Bennett at a club is going to struggle, and it's mostly because he's so good

Pedge1971

First Grade
What are the "eyes" he picked out exactly? Are you referring to his own support staff, the ones he brought with him and brings everywhere? Or are you referring to players? Darius Boyd and.... who else of note?

Bennett's a handy scapegoat - the fact is anyone following Wayne Bennett at a club is going to struggle, and it's mostly because he's so good

So he is blameless for the age of the squad and the size of the contracts he left behind?

Picking the eyes out was a poor way to phrase it agreed. But he helped dig the massive hole the club was left in and ran away when things got tough. To be honest I don't even blame the bloke for going I think most people would in the same situation.

It is more the way he carries on like this self righteous matyr when in reality he has a history of knifing people when it suits him.

The bloke sold a story throughout his career of honesty and hard work and proved over the last 30 odd years it was all a lie. Both in his professional and private life.

But yeah poor Wayne, he was made a scapegoat. Was given no resources and paid poorly at Newcastle. Not his fault the ckub sank into a hole on his watch.

grouch

First Grade
So he is blameless for the age of the squad and the size of the contracts he left behind?

Picking the eyes out was a poor way to phrase it agreed. But he helped dig the massive hole the club was left in and ran away when things got tough. To be honest I don't even blame the bloke for going I think most people would in the same situation.

It is more the way he carries on like this self righteous matyr when in reality he has a history of knifing people when it suits him.

The bloke sold a story throughout his career of honesty and hard work and proved over the last 30 odd years it was all a lie. Both in his professional and private life.

But yeah poor Wayne, he was made a scapegoat. Was given no resources and paid poorly at Newcastle. Not his fault the ckub sank into a hole on his watch.
The rest of your whiney, grudge-filled post indicates that you're not entirely being honest with this statement.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Hahahahaha

Poor Wayne is a scapegoat.

Beautiful.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If I was him I would have gotten the f**k out of there then as well. Particularly when being offered good money at the Broncos. The Knights were struggling to pay him and their players and he had an option to go. I do not blame him for making the decision.

But to say he is blameless and a scapegoat for the cap situation that has pretty much brought the club to rock bottom where is comfortably sits today is blinkered. Do I bear a grudge for that? You bet I do againt Bennett and Tinkler

My opinion. Could not care less if you disagree.

grouch

First Grade
If I was him I would have gotten the f**k out of there then as well. Particularly when being offered good money at the Broncos. The Knights were struggling to pay him and their players and he had an option to go. I do not blame him for making the decision.

But to say he is blameless and a scapegoat for the cap situation that has pretty much brought the club to rock bottom where is comfortably sits today is blinkered. Do I bear a grudge for that? You bet I do againt Bennett and Tinkler

My opinion. Could not care less if you disagree.
Unless you're suggesting he signed those apparent old players to huge contracts with the intention of bailing early, how can you hold a grudge for it? He left before the job was done, a job he expected to complete with those players. So, if you don't blame him for leaving, how can you blame him for the rest?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Unless you're suggesting he signed those apparent old players to huge contracts with the intention of bailing early, how can you hold a grudge for it? He left before the job was done, a job he expected to complete with those players. So, if you don't blame him for leaving, how can you blame him for the rest?

He only had a year left and we were going downhill. Its not just the old guys. How about a winger (Uate) for 5 years on half a mill a season? Several others I could mention.

He did not leave before the job was done, but when he realised he had failed.

_Johnsy

Referee
More Tinkler (and the Johns brothers) IMHO.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=90b8625fffff079ad5a885540454219e-1492641050

"Anything that keeps us ahead of the game I am all for," Matthew Johns said.

"I am not across the books but this would be great for the club.

"Private ownership is the way ahead. It is going to happen so why delay the inevitable?

"It would ensure the club's future - I can't find anything bad about it. I think the club is nervous about how the fans will react, but the Hunter has always been rugby league mad. That won't change because Nathan Tinkler comes in."

Andrew Johns was adamant the Knights should not let Tinkler walk away.

"I would love him to be involved with the Knights," he said. "Nathan loves the area and is passionate, not only about Newcastle but the whole Hunter region. He is also backing the Newcastle Jets.

"I don't know all the figures and I'm sure there are different models being discussed. That is for the hierarchy.

"But Nathan is a rugby league man and he has to be involved."

Is that you Wayne?

Latest posts