What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Titans, but your club is at stake :(

Dakink

Bench
Sounds like we are attracting all the intellectual types.

scottyj must have spent hours cramped over his keyboard trying to come up with his latest witty comeback.

As for Perrymatta, sour grapes it is - your team put in a superb effort considering.

Appreciate that and stop sounding like a spoilt little brat.

18k sounds and looked like a sell out to me..

Perrymatta

Juniors
curious said:
Your a dimwit, 2 posts later you wrote this

:sarcasm:

I dont know how many times you have to be told the same thing, nobody on the Gold Coast or any other place on earth, gives 2 sh*ts about what some Parra scum with a chip on her shoulder thinks about the atmosphere.

Considering the Half time score was 22 blot, im suprised the crowd didnt ask for there money back, considering that useless effort displayed by 16 of your players.

We have played Parra twice this year so far, and have flogged them twice, so if the crowd thought they were watching a training run, well they were, as i said, it was like watching a grown man beat the crap out of a 8 year old girl.:lol::lol:

So if there was any lack luster in the crowd, the blame falls squarly on your team for offering nothing, do you understand??

Please dont bother coming back up here, you took a spot that a Gold Coaster could have taken.

I notice there is only standing room left for Mondays game also, how is the ticket sales for your match this weekend?:roll:

Parra scum? Nice and constructive commend there. You must have really thought that one out. No need to bring the score into it either, i already acknowledged how well the Titans played and went out of my way to not include the sickness as an excuse for the score.

I also said it was a sell out, and then brought up a good point noting the long term health of the crowds the Titans will pull bringing up the arguement that short term success is critical for insuring the club is around for the long-term.

I'm aware the Titans have had better ticket sales than the Eels. The Eels have 8 clubs to compete with in Sydney where the Titans only really have Brisbane to contend with but thats not the point of the discussion i was trying to create.

I don't believe i'll go back to the Gold Coast anytime soon, at least not until the new stadium is built. We have a library here where iam already.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Perrymatta said:
Parra scum? Nice and constructive comment there. You must have really thought that one out. No need to bring the score into it either, i already acknowledged how well the Titans played and went out of my way to not include the sickness as an excuse for the score.

I also said it was a sell out, and then brought up a good point noting the long term health of the crowds the Titans will pull bringing up the arguement that short term success is critical for insuring the club is around for the long-term.

I'm aware the Titans have had better ticket sales than the Eels. The Eels have 8 clubs to compete with in Sydney where the Titans only really have Brisbane to contend with but thats not the point of the discussion i was trying to create.

I don't believe i'll go back to the Gold Coast anytime soon, at least not until the new stadium is built. We have a library here where iam already.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Dakink said:
Sounds like we are attracting all the intellectual types.

scottyj must have spent hours cramped over his keyboard trying to come up with his latest witty comeback.

As for Perrymatta, sour grapes it is - your team put in a superb effort considering.

Appreciate that and stop sounding like a spoilt little brat.

18k sounds and looked like a sell out to me..

Unfortunately very few intellectual types have frequented this thread. I'm not acting like a spoilt little brat, i was just trying to generate a legitimate discussion but you were all too quick to call me names you hear and primary school. More fool me for trying.

My bad, you can't get blood out of a stone.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perrymatta said:
See above postings, no point repeating myself...
The sad thing is that you probably believe that.

Just because you say its not sour grapes doesn't make it so.

You're having a whinge... and now you're whinging because you've been baited. Caught out big time.
Get over it.

Perrymatta said:
I'm aware of the illness the Eels players had, but not once had i mentioned it as an excuse for the loss againt the Titans.
Yet a few posts earlier...
Perrymatta said:
Main reason for the inflated scoreline was 8/17 players were sick and not even cleared to play.
Reads like an excuse to me.

Surely

Post Whore
I seem to recall the atmosphere at the titans sharks game was pretty good, maybe thats because it was a close fought contest though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Surely said:
I seem to recall the atmosphere at the titans sharks game was pretty good, maybe thats because it was a close fought contest though.
At the opening Titans v Saints match, the atmosphere was huge. The Titans fans were very passionate. That was a pretty close match in the end as well.

Eelectrica

Referee
Atmosphere for the Titans Broncos game was one of the best I've ever experienced.

Next year we'll be able to cut the atmosphere at Robina with a knife.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perrymatta said:
Unfortunately very few intellectual types have frequented this thread. I'm not acting like a spoilt little brat, i was just trying to generate a legitimate discussion but you were all too quick to call me names you hear and primary school. More fool me for trying.

My bad, you can't get blood out of a stone.
LOL. All part of your learning curve?

Perhaps next time you could try having a think before you start a thread.

Looks like you've gone down in flames here.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willow said:

Thats right you listen to willow he's been round these parts for some wee time now...Knows what he's talking bout...

Manly fLIP

Juniors
HA HA, you guys are crazy.

Complaining about Titans fans not getting into the spirit of the game.

Yet you fail to inform your competitors that your own club plays a bloody caset tape of a crowd to boost the noise at parra stadium.

Guess you lot are too busy dribbling to get a decent cheer going. Oh thats ok, well just chuck the tape on.

Parra... Parra.... Parra.... Para.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

:lol:

Perrymatta

Juniors
Willow said:

I thought about it quite thoroughly on the drive home and still stand by what i said. I haven't gone down in flames at all. The only thing i failed at was getting a decent discussion going about a legitimate issue the club may run into down the track. Live in ignorant bliss for now and i'll come back when the problem is becoming a little more obvious in a few years when its the Titans turn to run at the bottom of the ladder.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Manly fLIP said:
HA HA, you guys are crazy.

Complaining about Titans fans not getting into the spirit of the game.

Yet you fail to inform your competitors that your own club plays a bloody caset tape of a crowd to boost the noise at parra stadium.

Guess you lot are too busy dribbling to get a decent cheer going. Oh thats ok, well just chuck the tape on.

Parra... Parra.... Parra.... Para.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

:lol:
well if he was complaining about the Titans wonder whats going to come up about Fortress brookvale :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Perrymatta said:
I thought about it quite thoroughly on the drive home and still stand by what i said. I haven't gone down in flames at all. The only thing i failed at was getting a decent discussion going about a legitimate issue the club may run into down the track. Live in ignorant bliss for now and i'll come back when the problem is becoming a little more obvious in a few years when its the Titans turn to run at the bottom of the ladder.

You also have got to learn:

Admins up here....(well a select few:p)

Everyone else down here....

Dodge way down here......

Perrymatta

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
well if he was complaining about the Titans wonder whats going to come up about Fortress brookvale :lol:

I live too far away to go to the game but i'd imagine the atomsphere surrounding the game out be electric! :D