What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys are over rated !

Rovelli

Bench
I wouldn't push the panic button just yet. Sure they are 1-4, but they've played some tough teams.

@ Broncos, vs Storm, @ Raiders, v in-form Titans

Rd 1 beaten by one pt by one of the form teams of the comp.
Rd 2 easy win over the tigers
Rd 3 beaten by storm..something that happens to a lot of teams
Rd 4 played poorly for 1st half ...better 2nd half ,still beaten by better team.

Lets write them off ..
i would wait till about halfway before writing a team off & that can be foolish(tigers 2005)

If the opening rds have shown us anything it's that this will be a close comp ,& any team not on their game can be beaten by any other team .

Shoot yourself buckshot.

no this time in 2005 we were one of the faves to make the top 4
if u remember by this stage we were 3-1 we had beaten roosters,bulldogs and nz which was huge at the time

Meth

Staff member
Their sacking of Graham Murray in the early rounds of last season ripped the soul out of the team.

Their sacking of Graham Murray in the early rounds of last season ripped the soul out of the team.

True ...& they are taking time to gel as a team.....
I bet somewhere from rd 7-8 on,they hit form ,smash a couple of teams & suddenly everyone will jump back on the bandwagon & have them winning the comp....
All teams have form slumps & patches where nothing seems to work for them .

butchmcdick

Immortal
True ...& they are taking time to gel as a team.....
I bet somewhere from rd 7-8 on,they hit form ,smash a couple of teams & suddenly everyone will jump back on the bandwagon & have them winning the comp....
All teams have form slumps & patches where nothing seems to work for them .

I hope that you are right however we had lost the last 20 of 23 games.

Talanexor

Juniors
Added to that is our backline has shuffled almost every match due to injuries.

We have used in the backline so far this year:

Matt Bowen
Ben Farrar (Wing AND Centre)
Ty Williams (Wing AND Centre)
John Williams
Ashley Graham
Travis Burns
Willie Tonga
Shannon Hegarty (Wing AND Centre)

In fact, I don't think we've fielded the same backline in any two matches this year.

Travis Burns is nowhere near as bad as what everyone seems to think. His defence is great and he's set up a couple of tries with a much-improved kicking and passing game. He only goes badly when Rovelli comes on the field, because then communication really breaks down.

We need to stick a rocket up the backside of our forward pack though, they've been monstered every single game so far.

And we need to stop picking Hegarty and Rovelli. They're experienced, yes - but in their case, all that means is that they've played far more games than their mediocre talents warrant.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Added to that is our backline has shuffled almost every match due to injuries.

We have used in the backline so far this year:

Matt Bowen
Ben Farrar (Wing AND Centre)
Ty Williams (Wing AND Centre)
John Williams
Ashley Graham
Travis Burns
Willie Tonga
Shannon Hegarty (Wing AND Centre)

In fact, I don't think we've fielded the same backline in any two matches this year.

Travis Burns is nowhere near as bad as what everyone seems to think. His defence is great and he's set up a couple of tries with a much-improved kicking and passing game. He only goes badly when Rovelli comes on the field, because then communication really breaks down.

We need to stick a rocket up the backside of our forward pack though, they've been monstered every single game so far.

And we need to stop picking Hegarty and Rovelli. They're experienced, yes - but in their case, all that means is that they've played far more games than their mediocre talents warrant.

I thought hegarty has played a lot better than John Williams or even Ty Williams has so far this season. How much would ty be on a season bearing in mind that he igned his last contract when he was a origin player ?

Latest posts