What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys game.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Had to work yesterday so only caught snippets of the first half which looked promising....so was looking forward to watching the full game replay this arvo....but then I saw the score. Glad I spoiled it for myself as it saved me wasting 100 mins of my life watching them throw another game away to a side who hasn't won since May! I'll die a dragon but sheesh! Talking about trying my patience! Why on earth would you get rid of Hornby and Young who were the only two and last players that know what it takes to win a premiership. We didn't have any superstars in 2010 but man, our goal line defence was vicious. Everybody loves to run, kick and score tries but the true test of a professional footballer is his attitude in defence and this department, we fall miserably short. Mediocre!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I
Had to work yesterday so only caught snippets of the first half which looked promising....so was looking forward to watching the full game replay this arvo....but then I saw the score. Glad I spoiled it for myself as it saved me wasting 100 mins of my life watching them throw another game away to a side who hasn't won since May! I'll die a dragon but sheesh! Talking about trying my patience! Why on earth would you get rid of Hornby and Young who were the only two and last players that know what it takes to win a premiership. We didn't have any superstars in 2010 but man, our goal line defence was vicious. Everybody loves to run, kick and score tries but the true test of a professional footballer is his attitude in defence and this department, we fall miserably short. Mediocre!
Its still worth a watch, the young guys played brilliantly you can’t miss it. Worth the pain imo.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
maybe so NK but a realistic one to swallow despite the taste! We are one of the least strongest sides in the comp. We were at the start and still are despite some good developmental signs; often surprised when people think we should defeat teams due to where they are standing on the ladder. why? Any win (and i’ll include our score at half time in that category) is a small win at the moment i feel.
Also JT was a big in

denis preston

First Grade
I posted the same comment after the Penrith game.

If anyone is unsure about Griffin listen to the post match press conference. He’s got absolutely nothing.

Griffin is an idiot masquerading as a first grade coach. We are never going to Achieve anything with this fool in charge.
Why would he need to tell everyone what he really thinks ? Save that for the assistants & players. You have been real hard on Hook and based on what has been thrown at him this season do you think he deserves to at least see out his two years ?

Illusion

Bench
Why would he need to tell everyone what he really thinks ? Save that for the assistants & players. You have been real hard on Hook and based on what has been thrown at him this season do you think he deserves to at least see out his two years ?
He will see out his time , and if there is no improvement with consistency ...... and no fade outs after 20 min then he will be given an extension ....... but the way he is going defence is a big problem which needs fixing no more silly selections in positions and a game plan B if A is not working ...... I for one am not holding my breath ..... Time will tell 8 games or so in and the real picture will emerge ......

denis preston

First Grade
He will see out his time , and if there is no improvement with consistency ...... and no fade outs after 20 min then he will be given an extension ....... but the way he is going defence is a big problem which needs fixing no more silly selections in positions and a game plan B if A is not working ...... I for one am not holding my breath ..... Time will tell 8 games or so in and the real picture will emerge ......
I think we all hope Hook kills it but it is fair enough that not making the 8 next year must be at least his KPI. O the benefit of short contracts ! We can also take our time if we take up the 3rd year option ( say like after we are certainty's to make the semis ! ) Ball is in our court. Not just hook but the other two as well. We should know by then if they are worth resigning or if we need a new assistant coach or two .

Latest posts