What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Gower

Fibroman

First Grade
I think Gowie goes better at 5/8. Preston would have been a chance at playing rep footy at 1/2 back, but no chance at 5/8. Even though it's just a number on the back, I think the number's Gowie and Presto are wearing on their back's is hurting their rep chances.

Even though Gowie fully deserved his selection in the Oz team for the Anzac test, I think it probably boiled down to the toss of a coin between him and Kimmorley.

roosters2004

Juniors
Gower is a halfback, Presto a 5/8. Presto would do well at halfback but the combination is doing well for us so we should leave it like that

ur right!! 1 loss and u wanna change the team!! no need every1 losers.. who cares u guy are still the numb 1 in my mind

leave em there its worked for 1 and a bit seasons ..... cant win em all!

and i didnt c any of uz saying u wanna change there positions around after u smashed the roosters?? why now after 1 loss??

choc_soldier

Coach
I've noticed that when the opposing team has the feed, Campbell is the opposing halfback.

Probably because Gower is a better defender, and the five-eighth is the first receiver.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Roosters2004....since Gowie became the halfback for Penrith, majority of the fans are always suggesting that he would be better as 5/8th. I doubt it was a loss that spurred on the comments.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
We will see how he goes on Friday night, first time as halfback for Australia. Cant wait to see the boys play in the test. Hope the Panthers in both sides dont belt eachother!

choc_soldier

Coach
It's not the first time he has played halfback for Australia I think... he was the halfback, I believe, for the Superleague Australians in at least one test against Great Britain in 1997.

Munky

Coach
parra_panther said:
It's not the first time he has played halfback for Australia I think... he was the halfback, I believe, for the Superleague Australians in at least one test against Great Britain in 1997.

Against PNG in 2001 he started as halfback and got injured. He was Andrew Johns backup not Kimmorley.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Sorry well i mean recently in an 'important' test match. Hope he does well, i seen the Aussies at training and the combination with him and Lockyer looked the goods from what i saw.

Fibroman

First Grade
Gowie had a blinder in the test, and great combination with Lockyer. Hopefully that will silence a few of Gowie's critics.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yeah he did alright, now he's gotta play another blinder. I hope Joe pulls up alright.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Clinton spoke on radio today and said all the Panthers are backing up which is good news.
PK, Gower did alright? I reckon he played great.

choc_soldier

Coach
Gower and Lockyer had a blinder last night.

One game doesn't maketh a man, but hopefully this goes a way towards Gower being ranked the 2nd best halfback in the NRL...

Fibroman

First Grade
Lockyer seems to be making a real fist of the 5/8 spot, so perhaps i was wrong about where Gowie should be playing. He should be a walk up start for the blues #7.

Big Mick

Referee
I think Gould has his name earmarked already
but i've heard Finch may get the spot ahead of gower, orford and Kimmorley, I mean if that happens, that'll do me.

mightypanther

Juniors
On the Sunday Footy Show Sterlo said

"Gower is the form halfback, and not just for the last 5 or 6 rounds either, he has
been the form halfback for the last 18 months, and there can be no conjecture
about that."

Onya Sterlo... :clap: :mrgreen:

choc_soldier

Coach
GOWER: PANTHER FOR LIFE?

Craig Gower has indicated that he wants to finish his football career at Penrith, Panthers acting CEO Michael Leary said today.

He was responding to media reports that an English club, Salford, had expressed interest in signing the Penrith captain at the end of next season when his current contract with the Panthers expires.

“Craig told us last year that he would be happy to finish his football career at Penrith,” Leary said today. “We have been talking to him since and there is every indication that is still his intention.

“We want to sign him up until the end of his football career.

“Right now, of course, we are all concentrating on the semi-finals. Craig still has a year to run on his present contract. We’ll be getting down to detailed negotiations with his manager, Greg Willett, as soon as possible.”

Source: Panthers Interactive

I hope this happens!

I really do see him being a one club man.

Gower IS Penrith.