What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

undertaker

Coach
Several things I want to write in this thread, but haven't had the time recently due to a busy schedule so I will do it in stages.

Firstly, there isn't a match thread for this, but I have been following the Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe one-off test in Colombo that is currently going on (which has obviously been overshadowed by the England vs South Africa test series) and an interesting finish is coming up.

Zimbots are on the verge of causing a massive upset on a turning subcontinent pitch tailor-made to inflate the averages of hacks such as Rangana Herath (whom the Aussies made him to look like Shane Warne in last year's series), who's taken 11 wickets so far. Zimbots were in deep trouble during their 2nd innings yesterday at 5/59 and looked like they were going to be rissoled on a BBQ rack within a matter of minutes, but through an amazing fightback, grit and determination have made it to 377 all out, courtesy of a brilliant century from Raza and the tailenders chipping in with valuable runs.

Sri Lanka need 388 to win, so hoping the Zimbots can get their first ever test win against Sri Lanka since their admission to test cricket in 1992.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Several things I want to write in this thread, but haven't had the time recently due to a busy schedule so I will do it in stages.

Firstly, there isn't a match thread for this, but I have been following the Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe one-off test in Colombo that is currently going on (which has obviously been overshadowed by the England vs South Africa test series) and an interesting finish is coming up.

Zimbots are on the verge of causing a massive upset on a turning subcontinent pitch tailor-made to inflate the averages of hacks such as Rangana Herath (whom the Aussies made him to look like Shane Warne in last year's series), who's taken 11 wickets so far. Zimbots were in deep trouble during their 2nd innings yesterday at 5/59 and looked like they were going to be rissoled on a BBQ rack within a matter of minutes, but through an amazing fightback, grit and determination have made it to 377 all out, courtesy of a brilliant century from Raza and the tailenders chipping in with valuable runs.

Sri Lanka need 388 to win, so hoping the Zimbots can get their first ever test win against Sri Lanka since their admission to test cricket in 1992.

I have been more interested in the womens world cup, the poms SA tests series and masterchef tbh (go Arum)

But good luck to the zimbots , SL are currently 1/84 chasing 388

undertaker

Coach
Don't know if anyone here has mentioned about former Aussie test spinner Bob 'Dutchie' Holland and his brain cancer diagnosis not long ago:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...gnosed-with-brain-cancer-20170704-gx4dx6.html

Was in the Hunter Region visiting my parents both when he was first diagnosed a few months ago and when this was article was released earlier this month. Have some close family friends connected with the Toronto Workers Club who had regular dealings with Dutchie as curator of the cricket club. Very sad, considering Dutchie is very well respected in the Hunter Region, especially at the Lake Macquarie Council where he was a surveyor for many years in his post-cricket career. Also, him and his wife were bashed last year in an unprovoked attack by some random scumbags at Awaba.

Timbo

Staff member

Zimbots also won the ODI series 3-2, a series that the Lankans self-predicted a 5-0 win, and a month after the same Zimbabwean side lost an ODI to Scotland.

The test is Zimbabwes to lose from here. Would be a massive outcome.

undertaker

Coach
Zimbots also won the ODI series 3-2, a series that the Lankans self-predicted a 5-0 win, and a month after the same Zimbabwean side lost an ODI to Scotland.

The test is Zimbabwes to lose from here. Would be a massive outcome.

Would be great to see the Zimbots get up after their team has been decimated by the Mugabe regime for more than a decade. They've always had a lot of talented players since their test debut back in 1992, but very limited opportunities. Australia haven't played a test against them since 2003.

Btw, Sri Lanka 3/170 at stumps, need another 218 runs with 7 wickets left.

Timbo

Staff member
Looks like Sri Lanka will steal the test.

Cremer has shown the signs of being a rookie skipper at test level - he basically bowled himself and Williams for 90 overs straight with no variety.

undertaker

Coach
In more cricket 'crap' info, Ravi Shastri recently replaced Anil Kumble as coach of the Indian side. Good move, means no longer having to hear his banal garbage in the commentary box, especially at ICC events such as the next World Cup (whom Star Sports have the exclusive tv rights to).

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep, seems a silly move to me. He has more than enough ability to play FC cricket at a decent level. QLD came second last....

Who knows, it might work in his favour if he can stay fit, A state move might be on the cards.

Bazal

Post Whore
He's just had surgery like a month or less ago, so not sure what a medical would show other than "he's got some recovering to do"

But yeah, I suppose they may have sat him down and said that if he was going to miss most of the season they didn't have any money for him.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, I find it shocking to be honest.

I sincerely hope one of the other states picks him up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Injury free he is one of the more talented batsman in the country, laughable decision by QLD.

Reckon he could make an excellent test number 6 if given a decent chance.