What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

yappy

Bench
Dennis Lillee made headlines with his batting in both innings of a test match once. What year, ground and opponent? What were the newsworthy features of each innings?

JJ

Immortal
Right ground and one of the incidents.

ok, then I reckon it's Alumimium bat, WACA, England, 1979... and I am stumped on the second incident - unless it was his petulance in holding up play arguing with Hogg who was ordered to bring out a wooden bat... I think Greg Chappell had to come out and sort it...

yappy

Bench
ok, then I reckon it's Alumimium bat, WACA, England, 1979... and I am stumped on the second incident - unless it was his petulance in holding up play arguing with Hogg who was ordered to bring out a wooden bat... I think Greg Chappell had to come out and sort it...

Close. Aluminium bat was the 1st Innings. What happened in the 2nd?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Once you've done with Matt's JJ; try this.

I've got a peach of one that I doubt anyone will get first crack...

Richard Hadlee had a tough time breaking Botham's record. What series of events happened?

JJ

Immortal
Close. Aluminium bat was the 1st Innings. What happened in the 2nd?

He had a big partnership with Border, from memory... and Boycott got a wonderful 99*... was the partnership with Border a record?

JJ

Immortal
Once you've done with Matt's JJ; try this.

I've got a peach of one that I doubt anyone will get first crack...

Richard Hadlee had a tough time breaking Botham's record. What series of events happened?

think he went wicketless in a test at home... then got injured and missed the rest of the series, and had to wait some time for a series which I think was in India... probably some other things, but that's just top of the head stuff...

yappy

Bench
He had a big partnership with Border, from memory... and Boycott got a wonderful 99*... was the partnership with Border a record?

How did the partnership end?

Oh and Boycs did get a fine 99* carrying his bat. He also ended up with 99 for the entire test. What was interesting about his 1st innings duck?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
think he went wicketless in a test at home... then got injured and missed the rest of the series, and had to wait some time for a series which I think was in India... probably some other things, but that's just top of the head stuff...

Starts before he got to NZ and went wicketless, Hints: Gladiators... 5 for in an ODI....

Very impressed though...

yappy

Bench
Whitney and McDermott held on for a draw in Melbourne with Hadlee bowling beautifully and destroying us with a 2nd 5-fer of the match. Then the wicketless test and injury so it was about 10 months before he finally got the wicket.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
How did the partnership end?

Oh and Boycs did get a fine 99* carrying his bat. He also ended up with 99 for the entire test. What was interesting about his 1st innings duck?

Border retired not out.

Interesting about duck: he was an opener dismissed for a duck but the was the 3rd wicket to fall?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Im guessing Lillee went past a bowling milestone - but I don't know which one....

100 AShes wickets?
200 test wickets?

Latest posts