What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla resigned to losing Kade Snowden to Newcastle Knights with Nathan Tinkler tak

loos.jpg

Jobs done MA

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quigs, you didn't have to put a Sharks Logo on the seat to show it was one of our toilet facilities.

No mirror or hand basin gave it away...

ratsack2

Juniors
I hate Tinkler
the nrl have to do something about him now so he just doesnt buy every decent player on the market.

if newcastle are under the cap next year then I am a monkies uncle

carcharias

Immortal
Well I hope these 2 blokes have a crack for the rest of this year before leaving the club .

Maybe snowy can get suspended in his last game for us that carries over to the Knights.

SharkShocked

Bench
Unless we sign some decent players for next year given our losses already...

Do they honestly expect people to pay, turn up and watch?

azzah72

Bench
KADE Snowden has finally agreed to terms with Newcastle after a meeting with cashed-up Knights owner Nathan Tinkler sealed the deal yesterday.

Sources in Hunter Valley have told The Daily Telegraph the meeting cleared the way for Snowden to become a Knight next year, although the new contract is yet to be signed.

An official announcement is expected within the next 24 hours. The length of the Knights deal is not known, but face-to-face negotiations between Snowden and Tinkler took place after the prop spent the weekend in Newcastle following his Test debut on Friday night.

The Sharks have been fighting an uphill battle to keep their star prop ever since he back-flipped on an extension in February, following an 11th-hour plea from Tinkler.

Cronulla upped their offer to $1.6 million over four years but Snowden’s desire to return home and live close to his family and friends in Newcastle has delivered Tinkler his first big scalp since taking charge of the club in March.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rop-kade-snowden/story-e6frexnr-1226053239276

Havoc

Juniors
I'm sure it won't be the same statement he made 55 mins before our press conference....

"I'm old school, I am all about loyalty and respect. That is the way I was brought up. I love Cronulla and all the boys are my best mates. Loyalty means a lot to me."

azzah72

Bench
I say drop him, were losing anyway, why help him get an origin spot?

f**k it drop douglas as well.

Bring on the youth movement

Havoc

Juniors
KADE SNOWDEN RETURNS HOME
newcastleknights.com

10/05/2011 2:20:49 PM

Current Australian and Cronulla front row forward Kade Snowden has signed a four-year contract to return to his original club, the Newcastle Knight, commencing 2012.

Kade is a local Newcastle junior and was a former captain of the Knight's premiership winning SG Ball side in 2004. A Country, New South Wales and Australian representative, Kade made his first grade debut with the Knights in 2005.

"I am really excited to be returning home to Newcastle at a time when the club is going through such an amazing transformation. You can really feel the excitement that the Tinkler Group has brought to the Hunter region and Newcastle Knights fans. I feel honoured to be part of these exciting times."

"I have been fortunate to play under some great coaches in my short career and I am now keen to learn from one of the greatest in Wayne Bennett."

"While excited about the future I would like to say thank you to Cronulla which has been my home since 2008 where I have made some great friends and have fond memories.

"I wish to assure all Sharks fans that I will be giving nothing but my best for the balance of the season."

"I would also like to thank Shane Flanagan and Darren Mooney for their personal support throughout these negotiations," he concluded.

It has been a big week for the 24 year old forward who won Australian selection last Friday against the Kiwis.

Kade is the first current Australian International in the Knights 23 year history to be recruited.