What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Good crowd at Allianz last night (thanks to a ton of kiwis) and for being only 1/3 full it was the best atmosphere i've experienced at the stadium. The drunken kiwi in front of me single handedly got the south west corner rocking. A warriors membership tent would have done a roaring trade last night me thinks.

The chookpen also seem like one of the better fan groups in terms of noise as well. The club should aim to get 2 of those bays sold out with chook pen members in the coming years, would make for an unreal atmosphere.

On the afl, i liked the game on the field a lot more at the ground but the atmosphere was terrible. Very sterile atmosphere and clearly a bit of a posh crowd plus it seemed to be 1/3 neutrals from vic. I've been to one game at the gabba.

How many at parra last night? I can't see it anywhere

elbusto

Coach
Good crowd at Allianz last night (thanks to a ton of kiwis) and for being only 1/3 full it was the best atmosphere i've experienced at the stadium. The drunken kiwi in front of me single handedly got the south west corner rocking. A warriors membership tent would have done a roaring trade last night me thinks.

The chookpen also seem like one of the better fan groups in terms of noise as well. The club should aim to get 2 of those bays sold out with chook pen members in the coming years, would make for an unreal atmosphere.

On the afl, i liked the game on the field a lot more at the ground but the atmosphere was terrible. Very sterile atmosphere and clearly a bit of a posh crowd plus it seemed to be 1/3 neutrals from vic. I've been to one game at the gabba.

11000 and a bit

eddiesmith

Juniors
no tickets left ..............:?

:sarcasm:

:lol:

there were 25,000 empty seats d head

:lol::lol:

20,000 and so? All the tickets available to the public were sold, I know its hard to understand given League clubs have about 5,000 members, but sometimes 10,000 members with tickets dont show up to every single game but the tickets are still sold and no one else can get in

RWB

Bench
13k was not good but not surprising last night given the train lines coming into the city were shutdown last night.

Travel options to the SFS has and will continue to be the biggest issue imo.

On a brighter note looks like a solid crowd at the Souths Vs Tigers game

RWB

Bench

Yeh was an awesome atmosphere, best game I've been to all season even the great last second win against Souths. Gets boring listening to people say the atmosphere is the issue, it quite clearly isn't.

Love playing the Warriors, always good banter with their fans :lol:

DIOGENES

Juniors
So about 130K with 1 game to play - afairly solid round. Last year round 5 was 143K but 31 of that was from dogs v dragons

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 5 :: Mar 30-Apr 2 (Heritage Round)
Friday 30 March
Storm 34 def Knights 22 @ AAMI (Crowd: 11,369), 7:30pm Ch 9 - thread
Broncos 28 def Dragons 20 @ Suncorp (Crowd: 38,012), 8:30pm Ch 9 - thread
Saturday 31 March
Panthers 14 lost to Sharks 15 @ Centrebet (Crowd: 13,920), 5:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Eels 29 def Sea Eagles 20 @ Parramatta (Crowd: 13,158), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Roosters 26 def Warriors 8 @ Allianz (Crowd: 13,021), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sunday 1 April
Titans 20 lost to Bulldogs 30 @ Skilled (Crowd: 14,344), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Tigers v Rabbitohs @ Allianz (Crowd: 25,608), 3:00pm Ch 9 - thread
Monday 2 April
Raiders v Cowboys @ Canberra Stadium, 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Crowd total Round 5: 129,432
Crowd average Round 5: 18,490

Crowd total 2012: 668,912
Crowd average 2012: 17,152

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=393936

Timbo

Staff member
Playing the Storm game across the road from the AFL season opener in Melbourne had to hurt.

the dude

Juniors
Raiders should get 12 or 13k tomorrow. Awesome crowd at the SFS today, unfortunate that tigers fans probably outnumbered us 3:1, good turnout by them despite the ordinary start to the season. Souths vs Dogs next week I think will be massive

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I just love that the WESTS Tigers played a HOME game against SOUTH Sydney in the EAST of the city.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Raiders should get 12 or 13k tomorrow. Awesome crowd at the SFS today, unfortunate that tigers fans probably outnumbered us 3:1, good turnout by them despite the ordinary start to the season. Souths vs Dogs next week I think will be massive
You have to keep in mind it's their home game so everyone of our fans had to actively go out and buy a ticket while most of theirs would have gotten in for free as members.
I just love that the WESTS Tigers played a HOME game against SOUTH Sydney in the EAST of the city.
That's Sydney rugby league for ya.

I reckon Dogs v Souths will get close to 50k.

Public holiday, 4pm so people can bring the kids. Us coming off a win, Dogs in form. Dogs fans get in for free as part of the ANZ deal.

Two big sydney teams with all the above factors going for it, 50k, 45k minimum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.