What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dude

Juniors
You have to keep in mind it's their home game so everyone of our fans had to actively go out and buy a ticket while most of theirs would have gotten in for free as members.

That's Sydney rugby league for ya.

I reckon Dogs v Souths will get close to 50k.

Public holiday, 4pm so people can bring the kids. Us coming off a win, Dogs in form. Our fans get in for free as part of the ANZ deal.

Two big sydney teams with all the above factors going for it, 50k, 45k minimum.

That would be amazing but don't see it happening.

I'll say 35,000.

ByRd

First Grade
Dogs/rabbits will get between 30-35k with the dogs fans outnumbering the rabbitoh fans as usual.

MsStorm

Bench
Playing the Storm game across the road from the AFL season opener in Melbourne had to hurt.

And another one on Thursday night, 4 of the biggest clubs in Melbourne.

We do have a lot of casual fans from the afl and forking out $30 for GA entry for the Storm game in such a short space of time would have cost us at least 2,000 fans.

ouwet

Bench
reckon Dogs v Souths will get close to 50k.

Public holiday, 4pm so people can bring the kids. Us coming off a win, Dogs in form. Dogs fans get in for free as part of the ANZ deal.

HAHAHA No Chance mate. 30-35K tops.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Excluding double headers; 45K would be the biggest Sydney crowd since 1974,, 50K would be the third biggest crowd on record
Why set yourself up for deliberate failure?

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
They need to promote the Heck out of Fridays game, this game needs a great crowd, both teams members can get in, 100 000 people atleast across at the easter show, will they be letting fans who leave the show to watch the game back into the show?

DC_fan

Coach
You have to keep in mind it's their home game so everyone of our fans had to actively go out and buy a ticket while most of theirs would have gotten in for free as members.

That's Sydney rugby league for ya.

I reckon Dogs v Souths will get close to 50k.

Public holiday, 4pm so people can bring the kids. Us coming off a win, Dogs in form. Dogs fans get in for free as part of the ANZ deal.

It would be great if it did, but I doubt it. The Easter Show will cut down the chances of getting a huge crowd to the game.

The Bulldogs played Souths at ANZ on Easter Saturday last year and drew 22,000.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dogs and Souths form was shit last season especially in the period leading up to Easter. We're coming off a miracle win, the Dogs under Hasler are much better than 2011. Weather permitting, it'll be much better than the corresponding fixture last season.

hutch

First Grade
Having 2 Sydney games this Friday night rules out any chance of a 50k crowd. It will be a good result if we get 50k between the two of them!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
There will be 30K+ at the game - absolutely no doubt about that. If not for Inglis's snap at goal yesterday I'd be doubtful, but the feeling is fairly good at the moment. If the weather is nice we could push 40K, but I'd think that 35K would be about tops. It would be a great crowd nonetheless.

Suitman

Post Whore
Given good weather, there should be mid-high 20's in Newcastle as well.
All in all, could be a big weekend crowd wise.

Suity

undertaker

Coach
Barring bad weather, Newcastle should easily get 20-25k this week. Our first home Sunday game of the year (and our only one from our first 6 home matches)

undertaker

Coach
It would be great if it did, but I doubt it. The Easter Show will cut down the chances of getting a huge crowd to the game.

The Bulldogs played Souths at ANZ on Easter Saturday last year and drew 22,000.

Given both teams are coming off a win from this round, I'd be very disappointed if this fixture drew less than 30k. 30k has to be the absolute minimum. It's matches on special occasions like this that crowds need to be maximised on

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Given both teams are coming off a win from this round, I'd be very disappointed if this fixture drew less than 30k. 30k has to be the absolute minimum. It's matches on special occasions like this that crowds need to be maximised on

35-40k is what it should be.

souths V doggies 36k
tigers v broncos 18k
titans v roosters 12k
sharks v dragons 19.5k
raiders v warriors 14k
knights v panthers 24k
cowboys v storm 16k
manly v penrith 14k

the dude

Juniors
souths V doggies 35k