What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

First Grade
Something that league should learn. And quickly.
Certainly creates more noise and atmosphere.
Not hard to sell supporter specific bays. It's done all over the world.

Suity

Did it during the finals last year and it made for a fantastic sight.

Would ruin the atmosphere unless they get 60k+. SFS is much easier to get to from the parade as well.

Agreed. That's why i said a few years and 'may' outgrow the SFS. But yes, i'd like to be sure of at least 60k as you said before contemplating a move. But for now, the SFS on ANZAC day is the hottest ticket in town.

Would like to see the crowd segregated for the sake of improving the atmosphere that is my only complaint.

But fantastic occasion and great crowd, though I pity those who chose to drive and park on the grass outside

Should have been some membership advertising today, we have some real crowd momentum as a club going

Some bays segregated would be ok.

But I really wouldn't want to see the whole stadium go that way.

I love the fact that rugby league fans can all sit together in peace.

roarr

Juniors
I've got faith in the new administration that they wont ruin this by moving it to ANZ. That's a Gallop-type move.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Pretty sure they still have the cowbell

True. Sorry, the record is 28k, so I reckon a touch over 27k.

Some Melbournites still go ape at the fact that the government built a rectangular ground with public money, but seriously, how many of the numerous stadiums that have been built or upgraded for AFL have (a) been filled and (b) been used by other sports on a regular basis?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
True. Sorry, the record is 28k, so I reckon a touch over 27k.

Some Melbournites still go ape at the fact that the government built a rectangular ground with public money, but seriously, how many of the numerous stadiums that have been built or upgraded for AFL have (a) been filled and (b) been used by other sports on a regular basis?

Stupid question?

Etihad gets pretty full - 56k for origin last year, Victory get large crowds there, Wallabies Lions is sold out.

MCG today 93,793.... Liverpool v Victory is sold out.. And they dont care because one game into the fifth round and they have had 6 crowds over 72,000 (4 over 80,000). Massive crowds are very regular.

Im in no way a fan of AFL, but as a fan of sport in general I am respectful yet jealous of their massive crowds.

undertaker

Coach
Would ruin the atmosphere unless they get 60k+. SFS is much easier to get to from the parade as well.

Will the Roosters and Dragons fans, as well as the RSL ppl who got tickets, travel all the way out to ANZ stadium? I have doubts about that.

This fixture should be kept at the SFS. Yes, Bulldogs/Souffs got 51k at ANZ but they're both playing their home games there, have most of their supporters out in Western Sydney and have the advantage of maximising their growth potential with the Easter Show next door at the Showground. With both teams in form, i can see that fixture nudging closer to 60k rather than if the Roosters/Dragons game was moved to ANZ

undertaker

Coach
Now, here's a question: if the Storm/Warriors fixture starts to gain momentum in the years to come, would you move it to Etihad Stadium which seats 55k or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.