What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Lockyer sucks at his job

Brutus

Referee
Freddy and Locky were awful.

It wasn't just Locky that players couldn't understand. Freddy gargles just as many marbles.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Both Lockyer and Wally don’t have much to say. They just talk in bland nothings. It’s like listening to white noise

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Both Lockyer and Wally don’t have much to say. They just talk in bland nothings. It’s like listening to white noise
That's what the Queensland people want. Remember when they whinged nine commentary was biased? Now we get wally and locky.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
For me it's always a test of how long I can stand listening to those fools before I hit mute. Last night it was during the Fensom injury break where they quickly ran out of anything to say and Gould started his interminable speculating about what effect it might have on the Cowboys. I watched the rest of the game in blissful silence accompanied only by my own internal award winning commentary. The only one of them who offers any value is Sterlo, and he only talks for about 2 minutes total per game. The rest of them can f**k right off.

thorson1987

Coach
I love that you can now buy Sports Ears that can let you listen to the commentary.

f**k that, one of the good things about being at the game is no commentary.

Spot On

Coach
Guys isn't up to channel 9 to educate the likes of locky in the etiquette of interviewing...

...and up to channel 9 to employ people capable of developing the skills necessary to carry out their role.

Obviously he was gifted the gig not employed for his ability to speak well.

Hilarious that he can't do the job but retains employment.

Channel 9 sucks.

mozza91

Coach
If you watched Fox you could enjoy the dulcet tones of Corey Parker.

Now there's someone right out of his element.
Parker is boring as shit but it's his 1st season doing it, he's improved abit and he has some idea of what he's talking about.
Lockyer sounds like he's had a brain injury that's eliminated all semblance of intelligence and a personality. Freddy and Joey sounds intelligent by comparison.

Saxon

Bench
ABC commentary easily the best. Less bias than any of the other contenders including (especially?) Too GulliBle. Less waffling rubbish

LeagueXIII

First Grade
This.

Lockyer doesn't have the personality for it. Often stalls halfway through a sentence, and is just completely monotone.

Freddy is like a new puppy. Dumb as anything, but you know if you keep watching he's going to do/say something randomly entertaining

Joey is starting to grate on me a bit. When he's talking football he's great, but around that he either sees something he doesn't like and starts going off on a tangent that lasts for the rest of the game and into the post match, or he feels the need to make as many " big night out, drinking, off field antics" references as he can cram in there.

They are all an embarrassment, compared to other sports. These are Australian captains FFS. Johns is appalling.

If only we could have a commentary team of Billy J Smith, Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker, Kevin Walters & Michael Hancock. Dream Team.

Mr Saab

Referee
Fittler and Lockyer were woeful on Sunday. I actually feel sorry for Lockyer, he is the Dennis Denuto of interviews / analysis....completely out of his depth. Its the vibe, its the game, its the win......yeah its the game.

As for Brad "Dr Nick Riviera" Fittler, Fensom broke his "Fibia".

Seriously.

grouch

First Grade
Lockyer is dreadful. His voice is bad enough, but the comments and questions are just utterly inane.