What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Collier to leave RLIF CEO position in May 2018

adamkungl

Immortal
http://rlif.com/article/8335/david-collier-to-leave-the-rlif-in-may-

The Rugby League International Federation, has announced that David Collier OBE, the Chief Executive Officer, will not be seeking a new contract when the current agreement concludes in May 2018.

David Collier OBE was appointed as the very first CEO of the federation in March 2015, he is keen to thank the RLIF Board and the Members for their support during his tenure.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in this role and have met and worked with many great people involved with Rugby League. I am convinced that the organisation and the sport is now superbly placed to take full advantage of the up-coming Rugby League World Cup and it will continue to grow and embed itself across the globe”

“There is still a great deal of work to do before I move on in May and I will be working as hard as possible to ensure that the RLIF can have a seamless transition to the next phase of its development.”

“I would like to thank the Board and the Members for their help and support and I wish them and the sport of Rugby League well.”

The Chairman commented on the announcement saying:

“David, has achieved much during his time in office and the RLIF is a stronger and better organisation for his efforts as our first CEO.”

“We fully respect his decision to move on and I want to take this opportunity, on behalf of the Board, to thank David for his diligent work over the term of office and we all wish him well.”

roughyedspud

Coach
There's zero chance Todd Greenberg would leave the NRL and his nice salary to become a puppet on a fraction of the money..

I'd do it though lol

hutch

First Grade
Disappointed that he is leaving as we've never really had an internationally respected leader of the rlif before.

But did he really do that much anyway?
As somebody said earlier, sport accord is essential for whoever comes in.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Considering Australia ignore what the RLIF try to do anyhow and play to their own agenda unless they can make a profit from it I would say he has done OK. Remember rugby league is not like other sports in that all the money and power is with one country, Australia.

roughyedspud

Coach
Disappointed that he is leaving as we've never really had an internationally respected leader of the rlif before.

But did he really do that much anyway?.

Off the top of my head I'd give him credit for the new eligibility laws and the new worldwide mid season test weekend..not a bad start given some of us wanted those things for years.

adamkungl

Immortal
Off the top of my head I'd give him credit for the new eligibility laws and the new worldwide mid season test weekend..not a bad start given some of us wanted those things for years.

Strategic Plan (not that its worth much if they dont implement it)
Upcoming calendar of events (again still needs more work than we've currently seen)