What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David "the half pom" Gower

yy_cheng

Coach
He has this knack of stepping in between 2 players then some how 1 drops of and he either gains another few metre s or spins and offloads

He is paul dunn

eel01s

Bench
Certainly not flashy but he digs in and performs every week. Every team needs players who provide great value like Gower.

Hope his finger is OK.

Chipmunk

Coach
Parra seems to be getting a fair bit of value out of blokes that we are probably paying very little too. Gower is one of those, Wicks is another, I dare say Ma'u probably isn't on alot, nor is Robinson or Faraimo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All of those bar Faraimo would be on $200k+

Gower, Ma'u and Wicks would have come here pretty cheap but have all since re-signed. Wicks' extension might have been an option though, in which case he would be on less than $200k

IMO

Last edited:

lingard

Coach

Gower, Ma'u and Wicks would have come here pretty cheap but have all since re-signed. Wicks' extension might have been an option though, in which case he would be on less than $200k

IMO

Wick's extension was an option in the club's favour.

Chipmunk

Coach

IMO

Did we not re-sign Ma'u after only 1 NRL game. I cannot believe that we would've needed to pay a guy $200k+ after 1 NRL game. I'm thinking closer to $150k.

We're paying all three of those considerably less than Darcy Lussick and getting considerably more value.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Always liked him. Would be sad to see him go, but if it got us a Klemmer or something it's a no brainer given his age...

Bazal

Post Whore
I cant see gower eating much cap ... he is the kind of guy who helps you aquire klemmer cos he is cheap but valuable

Probably true. But given he's off contract it might see him need to move on.

As I've said elsewhere, he'd be the one of the five off contract middles I'd re-sign, but it'd depend on other signings.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Probably true. But given he's off contract it might see him need to move on.

As I've said elsewhere, he'd be the one of the five off contract middles I'd re-sign, but it'd depend on other signings.
I think Peni, Matagi and Vave would be on more coin and offer less than Gower. I’d also happily shop Tep around to save coin to bring Klemmer over here.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Peni, Matagi and Vave would be on more coin and offer less than Gower. I’d also happily shop Tep around to save coin to bring Klemmer over here.

Agreed, they're definitely on more than Gower. But my point is it's much easier to let go of players off contract than it is to move on contracted players, even if you'd probably prefer to keep the off contract dude.

strider

Post Whore
I still think klemmer is just a dream ... dogs will find a way to keep him ... or he will join the roosters

Happy MEel

First Grade
Agreed, they're definitely on more than Gower. But my point is it's much easier to let go of players off contract than it is to move on contracted players, even if you'd probably prefer to keep the off contract dude.
Aren’t those three off contract?
(penis, Vave and Matagi)

There's no law saying you can't re sign an off contract player if you think he still has 1 or 2 good years left. I'd offer him 1 more year. Anyone should be happy to be in the trenches with that merkin.