What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list next Tuesday vs Rnd 10 Broncos 10th May 2024

That may be so and you are likely right.

Bit wouldn’t that mean their absence in the top 30 or on development contracts is indicative of the inability of the coaching staff or management to properly structure the squad?

because they are obviously leaving spots in the top 30 in the hope that someone “becomes available”, which has been the strategy for a couple of years and indicates that they can’t structure an adequate and satisfactory squad in the first place

In which case the lack of depth is deliberate

time for a long treatise on salary caps, resources and bad luck
I would think that they being fit would have slotted into those spots meaning we save on contract $ if they do make it but don’t have to commit fully till later in the season.

I think the minimum required number of players on contract changes by dates ?

NRL.com.au said:
At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November, 28 Top 30 players by the Monday prior to Round 1 and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June (or the first working day thereafter if 30 June falls on a weekend).

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah but Russell was quite good at Centre I think we all saw that at that game and I can see why he should play there in firsts.
He was good no doubt. He had also been very good on the wing the first few rounds then he wasnt. Fell off a cliff so to speak. I hope the KITA was what he needed and his form/effort gains greater consistency.

Chipmunk

Coach

You also have to consider we jettisoned Ky Rodwell and Jirah Momoisea out of the top 30
What's your point?

We've already had 30 players in the Top 30 since 1 November, then we've let a few go. So, we've met the requirements

Any player you release after Round 1 is considered to have been one of your 30 players in your Top 30.

You don't need to keep 30 players on the books for 12 months.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That may be so and you are likely right.

Bit wouldn’t that mean their absence in the top 30 or on development contracts is indicative of the inability of the coaching staff or management to properly structure the squad?

because they are obviously leaving spots in the top 30 in the hope that someone “becomes available”, which has been the strategy for a couple of years and indicates that they can’t structure an adequate and satisfactory squad in the first place

In which case the lack of depth is deliberate

time for a long treatise on salary caps, resources and bad luck
I’ll keep it short.

How is it a problem If we have backups outside the top thirty or development list? They aren’t barred from playing any more than Lumelume was in round one last year.