What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DCE set to replace Hunt for Game III

davi

Juniors
I think Daly Cherry-Evans has done enough so far to be considered favorite to be selected next year as half-back. Sunday Footy Show 10 minutes in the bin said they thought a good Cherry-Evans performance and a Maroons win would not make him a lock to be selected next year.

They view next year between (Cherry-Evans, Ash Taylor and Michael Morgan). Morgan wasn't selected this year because of injury and form and had to settle for utility. Ben Hunt is not being viewed a long term solution and more viewed as a utility option at this stage.

I think Daly Cherry-Evans has done enough so far to be considered favorite to be selected next year as half-back. Sunday Footy Show 10 minutes in the bin said they thought a good Cherry-Evans performance and a Maroons win would not make him a lock to be selected next year.

They view next year between (Cherry-Evans, Ash Taylor and Michael Morgan). Morgan wasn't selected this year because of injury and form and had to settle for utility. Ben Hunt is not being viewed a long term solution and more viewed as a utility option at this stage.
I would have Hunt at 9 over Mac .
Mac offers very little in attack .
All being fit next year
1.ponga
6 Munster
7.DCE
9 Hunt
14.Morgan

Watch a replay of Manly vs the Rooted(yesterday's game). After seeing that I never want Daly anywhere near a QLD jersey ever again.

Yep
I would have DCE anyday over Hunt at 7
Hunt just doesn't have the kicking game..especially short kicking to be effective at SOO level .
Much like Pearces inability to get repeat sets etc .

I was very angry at Daly's club defence in that Manly game against The Rooted. Last night his Origin defence was excellent. He did us proud.

Daly you are always welcome with efforts like that. Thank you.

Last edited: