What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dean young is on a mission

thebigredv

First Grade
ok for someone who should have had some info on the cowboys our defense was absolutly crap there forwards just run us to the ground ,so was deanno plotting his future ambition to coach the dragons is he a mole trying to rid flanno for his own future or was it we were just crap. mmmmm im not so sure .

I usually don't bite but this is the dumbest thing I have ever read in 20 years on this forum.

Our defensive capitulation is not going to do Dean Young any favours for starters. I just can't conceive this idea.

SBD82

Coach
ok for someone who should have had some info on the cowboys our defense was absolutly crap there forwards just run us to the ground ,so was deanno plotting his future ambition to coach the dragons is he a mole trying to rid flanno for his own future or was it we were just crap. mmmmm im not so sure .
I was gonna start my own thread but looks like this fits here.

I enjoy the smell of my own farts.

kit66

Bench
We have no wrestle. We don't get the attacking players to the ground enough, we don't roll them on their backs, we don't wrestle either standing or on the ground and we don't lie there for half an hour like the Roosters, Storm, Manly, Raiders do. Instead we give them quick play the balls - our players are barely getting back the 10 and turning to face the attack let alone executing good line speed. It's not so much that we're missing tackles, we're not, it's more slowing down the opposition at the ruck, especially on the 5th tackle - other teams are masterful at slowing you down on the 5th. That is our Defensive Coach's fault. But it also shows up our inadequate Front Row - 8, 9, 10. I don't like DYoung much but I fail to see how being deliberately poor at your job would benefit anyone and I think he obviously takes a great deal of pride in being involved with the Club he and his dad bled for.
There's a strong possibility though that he's just not very good at his job.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Could be the other way around. Flanno's plan to get rid of Young. Either way I doubt anyone of them are true as both seem to want to be at the club long term.

Tigers flogged Cows Young was at the Cows, they improved heaps after that. I think it is more the players the issue than coaching. Maybe the boys are just not adapting to the new defensive structures as quickly as they should be.

Dragon David

First Grade
Could be the other way around. Flanno's plan to get rid of Young. Either way I doubt anyone of them are true as both seem to want to be at the club long term.

Tigers flogged Cows Young was at the Cows, they improved heaps after that. I think it is more the players the issue than coaching. Maybe the boys are just not adapting to the new defensive structures as quickly as they should be.
You could be right there Slippery. It has only been 3 comp games and 2 trials so still early days for our guys to learn new tricks. Practise makes perfect so let's see how they go in the next few games. Defence will be extremely high on the agenda at training from now on.

justadragon

Bench

They have had all preseason to adapt, and why are the Dragons so inept at adapting to anything !!!

Mojo

Bench
Maybe the Cow coaching gurus changed their attack structures in anticipation of our new defence mastermind having wickedly clued-up our extraordinary, impenetrable human wall of brute strength and muscle based upon his vast in-house wealth of knowledge of the secret rituals that govern the traditional Cow attacking cunning.

Slackboy72

Coach
We have no wrestle. We don't get the attacking players to the ground enough, we don't roll them on their backs, we don't wrestle either standing or on the ground and we don't lie there for half an hour like the Roosters, Storm, Manly, Raiders do. Instead we give them quick play the balls - our players are barely getting back the 10 and turning to face the attack let alone executing good line speed. It's not so much that we're missing tackles, we're not, it's more slowing down the opposition at the ruck, especially on the 5th tackle - other teams are masterful at slowing you down on the 5th. That is our Defensive Coach's fault. But it also shows up our inadequate Front Row - 8, 9, 10. I don't like DYoung much but I fail to see how being deliberately poor at your job would benefit anyone and I think he obviously takes a great deal of pride in being involved with the Club he and his dad bled for.
There's a strong possibility though that he's just not very good at his job.
More importantly we get absolutely molested in the ruck with 2nd and 3rd efforts and refs are happy to let it happen. If we do it to them though...