What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler officially joins Canterbury-Bankstown from 2012

dogslife

Coach
Des to coach Dogs next year, won't pursue legal action against Manly

Adrian Proszenko

November 13, 2011

DES HASLER is now officially the head coach of the Bulldogs. After Manly sacked him on Friday for alleged breaches of contract, the dual premiership-winning coach agreed to drop his threat of legal action and start immediately at Canterbury.

''The Bulldogs this morning have agreed to accelerate my employment with the club to commence effective immediately. This certainty gives me the opportunity to move forward positively and without the need for legal action,'' Hasler said last night.

''Whilst I have been more than comfortable with the conduct of my employment at the Manly club, the last 72 hours have seen some unsavoury headlines.

''It is a pity given they have overshadowed the recent successes of the club. In time I am sure that all of the emotion expressed will temper and everyone can reflect on the wonderful roster and achievements.

''I am looking forward to moving ahead at the Bulldogs now.

''I wish Geoff Toovey and the Manly players all the best.''

Hasler's replacement at the Sea Eagles, Toovey, said the dramas surrounding Hasler's defection to Canterbury won't affect their friendship.
''I don't want to talk about our personal relationship - our personal relationship is our personal relationship,'' he said yesterday. ''We get on well. That's not going to be affected by these outside decisions and forces.''

Asked if he was looking forward to round eight next year, when the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles next clash, Toovey said: ''I'm looking forward to the start of the competition. I'm not getting drawn into things like that.''
Despite the dramas, Toovey is convinced the club can mount a strong defence of its premiership.

''We've got a good team and, having spoken to the senior players, they're aware of the job at hand,'' he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...egal-action-against-manly-20111112-1ncwf.html

condochook

Juniors
"We had a gentleman's agreement, Peter Moore and I, never to poach each others players. " Ken Arthurson.
Is it any wonder then, that the bulk of past Rep. Teams contained players from the dogs, and Manly, a lot of them

adamkungl

Immortal
Probably the best resolution this thing really could have hoped for, but honestly this should have happened weeks ago without all the shitfighting.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Jimmy Dymock can coach, has done a long apprenticeship and has already shown that he can do it in 1st grade. For the first time in my life I'm hoping that Canberra will lose 25 games in a row so that Dave gets the chop and Jim comes to Canberra. :sarcasm:

Lol@50uff$ should consider Jim as well, apparently he grew up in souths territory?*

* Redfern not Homebush.

gsweeper

Juniors
Wouldnt it be wonderful to be Jim Dymock today.

To be honest I don't think he'd be as too cut up as you think. He's probably still going to be on a really fat pay check, he doesn't have the expectation of turning the Dogs around, and he gets to work with one of the best coaches in the game. But yes, there will be a time when he will leave to coach fg.

Both Clubs stink!

So Hasler drops any talk of legal action, despite Manly straight out labelling him the way they have. Well, well maybe the club was 100% spot on in their claims and that Des says you are still scum, just as you were as a player

Doga

Juniors
Kevin Moore got the job because of his last name.

Kevin Moore served as assistant coach for NSW & Australia. He was very highly rated in many circles. You obviously have no clue about Kevin Moore or the goings ons at the Bulldogs. Keep spewing what you read in the Tele.

Jim Dymock might turn out to be a fantastic coach. Time will tell on that. The fact is, he has benefitted from the same "Honeymoon Period" that see's caretaker coaches all over the world have immediate impacts and then fade a way when they get the full season. We saw the same thing with Brad Fittler if I recall correctly.

These happenings might actually be a blessing in disguise for Dymock.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Kevin Moore served as assistant coach for NSW & Australia. He was very highly rated in many circles. You obviously have no clue about Kevin Moore or the goings ons at the Bulldogs. Keep spewing what you read in the Tele.
Kevin Moore also got those jobs because of his last name. And you'll find that the tele has a very limited circulation in Alice Springs particularly in th AG household.
Jim Dymock might turn out to be a fantastic coach. Time will tell on that. The fact is, he has benefitted from the same "Honeymoon Period" that see's caretaker coaches all over the world have immediate impacts and then fade a way when they get the full season. We saw the same thing with Brad Fittler if I recall correctly.
I had no idea that the honeymoon period was a 100% guaranteed phenomenon throughout the world. If that's the case wouldn't all coaches be dumped mid season and replaced by caretakers in a never ceasing continuum?

These happenings might actually be a blessing in disguise for Dymock.
Which is what I said.

juanfarkall

Coach
Jimmy Dymock can coach, has done a long apprenticeship and has already shown that he can do it in 1st grade. For the first time in my life I'm hoping that Canberra will lose 25 games in a row so that Dave gets the chop and Jim comes to Canberra. :sarcasm:

Lol@50uff$ should consider Jim as well, apparently he grew up in souths territory?*

* Redfern not Homebush.

For there to be any chance of that you will need to forfeit Round 17.

As a side issue, many coaches bring their staff with them when they change clubs the sea rats need to get over themselves.

oval

Juniors
Thank fug for that.

Des - you've lost a whole lotta respect from this supporter, not for leaving Manly but for being a cunnole about it.

I wonder if the Doggies supporters are as excited now as they were a couple of weeks ago about getting Desmond. Seems he's a bit of a handful...

MatthewA

Juniors
He's not a handful at all. He's one of the best coaches of the modern era and is an excellent leader.

Do you think Des held a gun to the heads of the staff members like Noel Cleal who the Bulldogs have signed? No. They obviously left for a reason other than the simple fact that Hasler is also departing to the same club.

Manly did this to themselves. Not Hasler, not the staff that are leaving, not Bulldogs and not the supporters. The Manly hierarchy are to blame.

It's going to be great to see Manly fans and other supporters try and bag out Des and the Bulldogs from here on in for no other reason than jealousy.

Oh, and we finally have a coach that isn't a Bulldog. Not since Warren Ryan has this happened. Excellent.

ironhorse

Juniors
Have to laugh at the sudden flash of light some are having regarding Hasler :) ...He -like Bennett,albeit in a different way - has ALWAYS been a prickly character ,funny how all the diehard Manly fans have just realised :lol::lol: How about every losing press conference over the last i dunno 5 years :lol:,has he fixed the dressing shed door yet ? :lol:FMD !
That said it is also a large reason why he is so incredibly successful as a coach, too...Manlys loss, for sure.

Evenflow

Bench
T

I wonder if the Doggies supporters are as excited now as they were a couple of weeks ago about getting Desmond. Seems he's a bit of a handful...

Yeah, i bet Dogs supporters are spewing getting one of the best coaches in the game :lol:

ManlyMania

Juniors
I can see why the dogs are happy to have him - on the other hand after what we know he isnt what we need at the club now - the club needs stability not Des's agendas which gave come to light - he's been caught out and heading to belmore with his tail between his legs.

Happy to have Toovey at the helm and the boardroom sort out it's issues before we become world champions in a few months...

Loudstrat

Coach
"We had a gentleman's agreement, Peter Moore and I, never to poach each others players. " Ken Arthurson.
Is it any wonder then, that the bulk of past Rep. Teams contained players from the dogs, and Manly, a lot of them

I recall somewhere that it was a three way agreement with Fitzy, although it didnt stop Manly trying to poach Sterling and Ella in 83. That's when Ray Price simply said "You do not want to play against me". They stayed.

I cannot think of anyone in this sorry saga who doesnt look like a pack of bastards. Hasler - for knifing the club that gave him TWO brilliant careers -on the eve of the finals no doubt. The Manly board for sucessfully wrecking any chance the players and fans could extract any lasting joy from wining a comp - and lets face it, the last time Manly was happily together on top of the world playing as defending premiers was in 1997. And Canterbury, for happily knifing the one bloke who put his hand up and saved their arse when they spectacularly continued to horribly balls up their coaching negotiations - how long ago was Kevin Moore punted again?

I almost have sympathy for Jim Dymock - but he escaped that club's evil once before. The silly twat went back to 'em!

Latest posts