What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you think this

The Damo

Juniors
Would be interesting to know who signed up for any of the following options and what would you now unsubscribe to?
  1. We will finish top 8 prior to the season start
  2. We will finish top 4 (after the first 10 rounds)
  3. We will finish top 8 (after the first 10 rounds)
  4. The power game is going to be successful for all of 2017
  5. Mary deserves a new 2 year contract extension after 10 rounds
  6. Mary has learnt from his previous mistakes
  7. We are doing a great job blooding our juniors
  8. Millward is doing an outstanding job in recruitment
  9. Nightingale deserves to go out on his own terms and should definitely get another contract
  10. We are over achieving
  11. We are not in a mess
  12. Lafai is SOO quality
  13. Anyone saying anything contrary to points 3 - 11 is a "death rider and not a true supporter"
1. Nope, figured bottom 2-4
2. Nope, figured top 6 possible though.
3. Probable
4. Never actually thought that we were playing any much more of a 'power game' than most teams. Or that our forwards had any more expected of them than other teams or should be expected of first grade props. Still think it's more something people have grabbed onto and railed about rather than an actual thing.
5. Nope, should've waited till seasons end
6. A few. Not as many as He should.
7. Nope, mixed bag though. Some good, some bad.
8. Would say pretty fair so far. Proper judgement should wait till roster for 2018 finalised, and then agin in another year.
9. Not on his own terms, ok with one year contract, but hope he only sees limited first grade next year.
10. For our roster - yeah a bit. As I said wouldn't have been surprised at bottom 4.
11. Mixed bag, management remains largely poor. But I'm an optimist and there's some good things happened and to happen.
12. At his best, yes. With mansour or turbo outside him he'd be bloody dangerous.
13. No more than people who see positives are 'apologists happy with mediocrity'. There are some who tend to the monomaniacal though.

What was your prediction for where we'd rank?
Did you think we'd spend a chunk of the season as the highest scoring team?

Old Timer

Coach
1. Nope, figured bottom 2-4
2. Nope, figured top 6 possible though.
3. Probable
4. Never actually thought that we were playing any much more of a 'power game' than most teams. Or that our forwards had any more expected of them than other teams or should be expected of first grade props. Still think it's more something people have grabbed onto and railed about rather than an actual thing.
5. Nope, should've waited till seasons end
6. A few. Not as many as He should.
7. Nope, mixed bag though. Some good, some bad.
8. Would say pretty fair so far. Proper judgement should wait till roster for 2018 finalised, and then agin in another year.
9. Not on his own terms, ok with one year contract, but hope he only sees limited first grade next year.
10. For our roster - yeah a bit. As I said wouldn't have been surprised at bottom 4.
11. Mixed bag, management remains largely poor. But I'm an optimist and there's some good things happened and to happen.
12. At his best, yes. With mansour or turbo outside him he'd be bloody dangerous.
13. No more than people who see positives are 'apologists happy with mediocrity'. There are some who tend to the monomaniacal though.

What was your prediction for where we'd rank?
Did you think we'd spend a chunk of the season as the highest scoring team?
Thought we would finish outside the 8 probably around 10th - 12th at the beginning of the season but would not have been surprised if we were in the bottom 2 either.
Never thought we would spend any amount of time as the highest scoring team or at no 1 on the ladder but in saying that I never thought some of the teams would take as long as they did to get up and going.
I never had any confidence that our early season position was going to be sustainable.
In respect of the point about us over achieving I honestly think that is not as evident as some teams that are actually very much under achieving.
We struggle to beat very ordinary teams yet appear to sometimes challenge the better sides so it is a bit confusing to say where we are actually at but I do think that Penrith, Canberra, Titans, Bulldogs and even Cronulla are all playing well below their best and of course the Warriors remain a constant conundrum and Cowboys and especially the Storm are streets in front of everyone else.