What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.3%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’d be swapping Arthur for Payten. Both need a change and BA used to live up there. Jake was born there too.
Yeah its not a bad suggestion

I do think though Payten has been a big disappointment with about 6 or 7 origin player and another couple of internationals in that squad he has made the finals once since taking over.

And in that finals they couldn't beat our mentally soft side in a prelim final at home where they had everything in there favour had most of the ball and had us on toast with 20 mins to go.

JokerEel

Coach
This all reminds me of the Brian Smith days, everyone wanted him gone, "anyone would be better" was the comments.

And here we are 18 years later and we got our wish, and what have we achived since ?

So, if its not all on the coach, what's the common theme that has us still in the mediocrity category 18 years later ?

Not having good Leaders.

JokerEel

Coach
Yeah its not a bad suggestion

I do think though Payten has been a big disappointment with about 6 or 7 origin player and another couple of internationals in that squad he has made the finals once since taking over.

And in that finals they couldn't beat our mentally soft side in a prelim final at home where they had everything in there favour had most of the ball and had us on toast with 20 mins to go.

Pass on Payten he is crap..

Avenger

Immortal
I’m really over Parra this year. Just not interested in watching them play given the crap we have served up. I really hope we get Bennett for 2025 and I’m excited to see what Lomax can do.
I can really see us getting the spoon now. Sometimes a circuit breaker like that is needed for the club to see just how much we have fallen.

JokerEel

Coach
I can really see us getting the spoon now. Sometimes a circuit breaker like that is needed for the club to see just how much we have fallen.

Not making the finals should be the circuit breaker.

We finished this weekend in 14th spot in the NRL

Last in CUP
Last in Flegg

We play Manly in all 3 grades next look for a 0-3 result..

lingard

Coach
I’m really over Parra this year. Just not interested in watching them play given the crap we have served up. I really hope we get Bennett for 2025 and I’m excited to see what Lomax can do.
Even when we win. It's such a dull brand of football. Arthur and his 'power game' have really spoilt the whole thing for me. We never have wingers or centres running into space. We don't need speed in this team because Arthur doesn't know how to utilise it. Its all just so boooooring. Not only that, but it doesn't even work!

hindy111

Post Whore

I'm looking forward to 60mins tonight. Some kids went to the Wonka factory. Bought a Golden ticket and where left dissapointed. This is a worldwide story.

f**k u

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Even when we win. It's such a dull brand of football. Arthur and his 'power game' have really spoilt the whole thing for me. We never have wingers or centres running into space. We don't need speed in this team because Arthur doesn't know how to utilise it. Its all just so boooooring. Not only that, but it doesn't even work!
This is exactly how I feel also. BAs style has ruined the enjoyment for me. It is so boring I usually don't care about the result by the end and just want it to finish. I'm also finding myself switching channels or grabbing my phone and checking emails etc, during the game. I would never have done that prior to BA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This all reminds me of the Brian Smith days, everyone wanted him gone, "anyone would be better" was the comments.

And here we are 18 years later and we got our wish, and what have we achived since ?

So, if its not all on the coach, what's the common theme that has us still in the mediocrity category 18 years later ?
I would describe it as structural inequalities.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I love all the offloads. It created plenty of points prior to this year.