What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
You reckon we will end up going with an experienced coach like Justin Holbrook or a current highly rated assistant coach like Jason Ryles?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You reckon we will end up going with an experienced coach like Justin Holbrook or a current highly rated assistant coach like Jason Ryles?

Some one like Ryles is what I beleive we should be aimaing at

if Hollbrook was any good, he wouldn't be unemloyed

T-Boon

Coach
I am as sick of this thread and debate as I am of Arthur. I essentially think of us as coach less at the moment.
I’d make Gutherson captain coach for the rest of the season. But keep Arthur as his assistant/secretary.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ryles has his eye on the storm gig post Bellamy.

I doubt he would be interested in Parramatta.

when ever that may be, he keeps threatening to retire but he's still there

offer Ryles and NRL job and most would take that over an assistants job any day

remember BA was Bellyache's assistant too, be careful what you wish for

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Some one like Ryles is what I beleive we should be aimaing at

if Hollbrook was any good, he wouldn't be unemloyed
Disagree about Holbrook … he had the titans going well enough and I think he would work well with our current squad … a few tweaks to playing roster and we may not be that far away.

Ryles worth considering also .. he seems to be the next big thing but we have seen that often ends in tears …

King-Gutho94

Coach
One thing I reckon about coaches especially those who are under Bellamy and we saw it with Kearney.

The moment you lose a few in a row they actually have NFI how to handle those situations because in Kearney's case.

He only ever worked under Bellamy before joining Parra. Once shit hit the fan he didn't have a clue how to handle it because he hadn't encountered before.

Has Ryles done any coaching other then assisting at strong clubs.

I personally reckon he should have gone to the SL for 2 years to coach and actually be the main man in charge. It's easier said then done I suppose with family and moving over.

But I would trust signing a coach more that has gone to the SL for 2 or 3 years and ran the show as the main man then just being an assistant here 10-15 years.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So was Ryles but you want him

yes, because he is some one new with new ideas and some one like that I think is worth taking the chance on

if Hollbrok was any good he wouldn't have been sacked, 37% wins in the NRL says no to me

btw, I don't necessarily want Ryles, but some one of that nature who has potential and who hasn't been tried and failed. I'm not sure if Ryles will be the answer, but it was posted here that we may be interrested in Madge and the fact that the Tigers sacked him is a no from me, that woud be like when we signed Hagen, sure he had NRL coaching experience but he didn't improve us one bit.

We need to be smart with our next move for a coach, biggest decision we've had to make for some time and not a decision for bean counters to be making.