What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Noise

Coach

Avenger

Immortal
A couple of posters have claimed BA would do the right thing and step down if things don’t improve. Well he has gone on record saying “I wont be walking away from anything. Never” .
We got him for life.
Brad Arthur is fuming about constant speculation over his coaching future at Parramatta.
We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A couple of posters have claimed BA would do the right thing and step down if things don’t improve. Well he has gone on record saying “I wont be walking away from anything. Never” .
We got him for life.
Putting the club first??? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Brad is all about him and his family.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brad Arthur is fuming about constant speculation over his coaching future at Parramatta.
We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.
What a deadset deluded knob.

Guy is losing the plot.

He has to go @hindy111

Gazzamatta

Coach
Brad is on thin ice was the words I heard today from someone close to him who we see from time to time at the local.

The bloke that said it is friends with BA way back and been a supporter of his and said numerous times Jake is a gun player.

I reckon BA is really feeling the pressure and that exchange with Buzz won't help his cause.
BAs an excellent skater though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
BAs an excellent skater though.
BA basically admitted in that exchange he watches 360. Otherwise how the hell would he have known what Buzz said or didn't say. I can't remember I didn't watch any shows after the Dolphins debacle.

The admission there from BA shows he is fixated about the personal criticism is just another layer and reason he is no longer fit for the job.

The moment your paranoid and clutching at straws over what a beetroot faced pelican said on a TV show it's all over.

the phantom menace

First Grade

I think by Rothfield saying those things publicly on NRL360, he is already owning what he said, Brad...

Rothfield's not the only one who thinks you can't coach Brad, or thinks that you consistently f**k the bench selections and interchange, or thinks you only have one narrow (and declining) game plan in your arsenal.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think by Rothfield saying those things publicly on NRL360, he is already owning what he said, Brad...

Rothfield's not the only one who thinks you can't coach Brad, or thinks that you consistently f**k the bench selections and interchange, or thinks you only have one narrow (and declining) game plan in your arsenal.
He's held the team back...

I still maintain someone with a modicum of tactical nous would've achieved more with this group.

The team has been devoid of credible tactics for the entire f**ken decade he's been here...

The lack of attention to detail in so many areas is a f**ken disgrace.

A simpleton would've achieved the same results with the same playing group...we've constantly under achieved with the talent available in the last 5 years..

Eelementary

Post Whore
Call me pragmatic but I believe BA’s boss wants to keep his job, which means hiring the best coach available.

Which isn’t necessarily the best coach or even the best coach off contract.

But Wayne Bennett is available, and has made enquiries about coming aboard.

If he's not a better coach than Brad Arthur, and the best coach available right now, I'll eat my hat.

While it's commendable that the board are being loyal to Brad, and not panicking to sign just anyone to fix things, it's also mind-boggling that there is an S-tier coach available, who reportedly would be happy to join this club, and we knock him back.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Brad is on thin ice was the words I heard today from someone close to him who we see from time to time at the local.

The bloke that said it is friends with BA way back and been a supporter of his and said numerous times Jake is a gun player.

I reckon BA is really feeling the pressure and that exchange with Buzz won't help his cause.

As he should be.

And if that pressure itself is enough to get him to turn things around, then fantastic!

We still need a new direction in coming years, though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But Wayne Bennett is available, and has made enquiries about coming aboard.

If he's not a better coach than Brad Arthur, and the best coach available right now, I'll eat my hat.

While it's commendable that the board are being loyal to Brad, and not panicking to sign just anyone to fix things, it's also mind-boggling that there is an S-tier coach available, who reportedly would be happy to join this club, and we knock him back.
I’m unconvinced Bennett is as available as the media has suggested.