What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Club Statement: Brad Arthur​

Authorparraeels.com.auTimestampMon 20 May 2024, 05:17 PM

The Parramatta Eels have this afternoon informed Brad Arthur that his tenure as Head Coach has ended, effective immediately.
It was the view of the Board and CEO that the progress of our NRL team has stalled. Our goal is to win premierships and it is time for the Club to go in a new direction.
We want to thank Brad who has worked tirelessly for the Club over a 10 year period. During his time as Head Coach, the Club has played in five finals series, including a grand final in 2022.
We wish Brad and his family the very best in the future and we are very grateful for his services to the Club.
Trent Barrett will take control of the team as Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the 2024 season.
We will provide a further update as we move forward to appoint a Head Coach for the 2025 season and beyond.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Credit to the genius @SLRBRONCOS

zz.png

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That's why Bennett is the best option, will a new coach have the authority for a clean out needed???

coach or board, I dont care but it needs to happen

coach will pick his assistants no doubt, board need to clean out the back office staff, a lot will get down to who the new coach is

King-Gutho94

Coach
Huh, they actually did it.
Gives time to scout out our next coach. TBaz playing with house money the rest of the year.
Interesting how we play tbh.

I think our attack will look a bit more slick as Barrett will change things up.

Though defence is a major worry I don't think Barrett is improving that.

Suitman

Post Whore
There are so many wanky know it all posts in the past 4 pages since the announcement this afternoon. Sigh.
What has happened today has happened. About f**king time too.
It should have happened 12 months ago. Maybe even longer before that. We are all going through the pain of another freaking wasted season.

Every man and his dog could see that our game style and tactics have not changed for years, even in our Grand Final year. BA just couldn't keep up with the changes in the NRL. He started out as a country team coach and never advanced.
Thank f**king god he is finally rid of this club. His heart was there no doubt. God love him. His abilities were not.
The next coaching appointment is without doubt the most important in the club's history.
The decision should not be taken lightly.

King-Gutho94

Coach
There are so many wanky know it all posts in the past 4 pages since the announcement this afternoon. Sigh.
What has happened today has happened. About f**king time too.
It should have happened 12 months ago. Maybe even longer before that. We are all going through the pain of another freaking wasted season.

Every man and his dog could see that our game style and tactics have not changed for years, even in our Grand Final year. BA just couldn't keep up with the changes in the NRL. He started out as a country team coach and never advanced.
Thank f**king god he is finally rid of this club. His heart was there no doubt. God love him. His abilities were not.
The next coaching appointment is without doubt the most important in the club's history.
The decision should not be taken lightly.
Should have happened a while back but I'll give the board credit now we have more evidence they didn't let it sit in the media cycle for a 6-8 week period like Manly did with Hasler, Souths with Demetriou and Tigers did with Madge for 12 months.

Cut the chord all in 1 day it's a clean cut from a PR point of view. By next week the soap opera will move elsewhere and the club can move forward.

I still remember the Kearney, Anderson and Stuart departures that was dragged on for weeks in the media when we knew the end result. It was torture.

This was done more professionally then I thought it would have been. And as much as I have been bagging the board.

They have probably done as well they could have keeping this out of the media as they said the decision was made on May 1st that BA won't be coach next year.

Someone2

Juniors
Just plain stupid Sack him days after Bennett has agreed to join Souths

with Barrett we are going back to the horror days of Kearney and Stuart