What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Very classy stuff from BA…he has copped a lot of shit in this forum and a fair portion of it rightfully so, but you can’t say he doesn’t seem like a champion fella. You actually get the feel that there’s been a bit of a weight lifted of his shoulders, he might have been too stubborn to realise it prior.

Wish him all the best in the future.…..unless of course he ends up in any capacity at Manly, Melbourne, Penrith, Souths, Roosters, Broncos, Canterbury or the Tigers, if he does than the merkin can get f**ked!

Gronk

Staff member
Arthur’s to his credit handled it with total class .Unlike the board who looked clueless when in front of reporters and Barret after manly punted him where he blamed everyone from the board to the outdoor furniture when he was shown the doir
Most people said that the CEO and Chairman spoke honestly.

2023 was not good enough BUT they thought they owed it to the coach after making the GF in 2022. No change early 2024 so he was gone.

On Bennett, someone leaked to Pete Badell from the Courier Mail all the inside info on us and Bennett. So the club came out first and told their story first to control the narrative. That’s good PR advice every day of the week.

Cloeel

Juniors

2023 was not good enough BUT they thought they owed it to the coach after making the GF in 2022. No change early 2024 so he was gone.

On Bennett, someone leaked to Pete Badell from the Courier Mail all the inside info on us and Bennett. So the club came out first and told their story first to control the narrative. That’s good PR advice every day of the week.

How do we determine if they spoke honestly? We will most likely never know...

I thought they did ok. I am just confused by the timing. They know more than I do, so I am sure it will all make sense soon...hopefully..

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don’t think BA being a good bloke was ever in question, a good coach though???

* the 2014 dead cat bounce year
* single handidly getting us through the darkest period in the club’s history in 16
* making 5 finals appearances there after including 1 GF
* turning a few dead beat merkins into half decent footballers

I think he’s entitled to a ‘good coach’ tag don’t you think…?

did he outlive his welcome? Yep

was it the right decision to move him on now? Yep

you can probably stop carrying on like a moron for once and at least acknowledge the good things he’s done for this club.

* single handidly getting us through the darkest period in the club’s history in 16

you can probably stop carrying on like a moron for once and at least acknowledge the good things he’s done for this club.

Amen.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Interestingly the South’s deal, appears more then what was first suggested…..wouId have been in Bennetts for South’s to know that someone else was bidding for his services…..

hineyrulz

Post Whore

And who are you again??? I know it’s been a tough couple of days for the Bea Arthur cheer squad but let’s not say anything terse that we can’t take back.

And good suggests he’s above average which is simply not the case. He has too many faults in his coaching to be good. Tactically he is poor with still no idea how to rotate a bench. His refusal to surround himself with better assistants and being capable of been able to delegate means he’ll be nothing more than average. His man management is his strength and his ability to get players to buy in are what he does best. Well besides this year where I just think he’s been there far too long. I know he was a pillar of strength throughout the salary cap scandal and showed what sort of bloke he was a lot of others would have run and he took it head on. But the way he has been built up it was like no coach could have done any better which is just absolutely false.

Is the club is a better place then when he arrived that’s a definite yes but once again we are in the bottom 4 and our depth and pathways are a mess. This is all not on him and if I had my way MON and Rogers could of held his hand and they could of walked out together.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought he was really good last night talking on 360, he handled himself with all class, disappointed with the decision but looked back on his achievements and had an impact on the players.

All the best BA, I hope he gets a gig somewhere.

Kornstar

Coach

It's nice to see this place hasn't changed, even after people have received exactly what they have been screaming out for since 2019.

I would suggest you can easily call him a good coach. It was time to move on and that is fine, no need to keep kicking him while he is down and people got what they were after.

eel01s

Bench
What I found interesting in his interview on NRL360 was his admission about the lead up to the GF in 22. He allowed the squad to enjoy it too much - even though he was advised by Bellamy and Ennis to focus on the game.

We celebrated making the GF. Repeated the same mistakes from the 70's!

Good bloke, but not a great coach.

yy_cheng

Coach
What I found interesting in his interview on NRL360 was his admission about the lead up to the GF in 22. He allowed the squad to enjoy it too much - even though he was advised by Bellamy and Ennis to focus on the game.

We celebrated making the GF. Repeated the same mistakes from the 70's!

Good bloke, but not a great coach.
I found that interesting too.

But for mine, you listen to advice and make your own judgement based on other factors you are privvy to.

Unfortunately for BA, he made the wrong decision. But you live and learn and that's why they call it experience.

Latest posts