What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doueihi V Reynolds

Rabbit toes

First Grade
9B707D69-CDEF-4234-BB31-2FACF0AF9470.jpeg
So there’s the numbers.
In 10 mins Doueihi had more attaching metres and overall affect than Reynolds.
Is it time for Reynolds to play a few bears games to get his mojo back?
Downside with him off the field we lack a quality goal kicker.
What would you do?

Pommy

Coach
View attachment 18900
So there’s the numbers.
What would you do?

No point in sending Reynolds to bears now, should have gone this week before they upset the team.

ThingFish

Juniors
View attachment 18900
So there’s the numbers.
What would you do?
But the other 25 players had been playing 70mins of intense energy sapping footy. As a fresh body I’d be very disappointed if he didn’t pull those numbers.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
But the other 25 players had been playing 70mins of intense energy sapping footy. As a fresh body I’d be very disappointed if he didn’t pull those numbers.
It’s not the numbers as much as why he was left on the bench so long. Could have been a different outcome.
2 games starting, 2 wins for Doueihi. That’s a fact.

ThingFish

Juniors
It’s not the numbers as much as why he was left on the bench so long. Could have been a different outcome.
2 games starting, 2 wins for Doueihi. That’s a fact.
Hey I’m with you. I got argued against during the week for suggesting that AR should prove his fitness in the Bears this week before sitting Doueihi down. But what do I know.

ThingFish

Juniors
If I was Doueihi, I’d be hiring a great goal kicking coach and practicing my arse off. Because if AR doesn’t improve over the next month he might find he can seal a full time job.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This is a big reason why we can’t let Doueihi go. The fact that he’s probably on minimum wage and people are considering him over Reynolds. He is the future of this club and I hope Souths have a plan to make that happen.

I just got a message from a friend who reckons we should use Walker as a super sub? That’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

ThingFish

Juniors
This is a big reason why we can’t let Doueihi go. The fact that he’s probably on minimum wage and people are considering him over Reynolds. He is the future of this club and I hope Souths have a plan to make that happen.

I just got a message from a friend who reckons we should use Walker as a super sub? That’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard.
That’s outside the box. Doueihi 7 and AR 6. That could give us a kicking game, a goal kicker, and maybe a solution. Like you say, not the worst idea.

Curns13

Juniors

IMO the super sub only works if they come on for a forward. If they replace a back, its a waste.

Curns13

Juniors
That’s outside the box. Doueihi 7 and AR 6. That could give us a kicking game, a goal kicker, and maybe a solution. Like you say, not the worst idea.
AR is a brilliant goal kicker and can have a brilliant kicking game if he’s on. Walker is the running/creative type. I think you need Walker out there with either AR or Doueihi to add that spark to our attack.

ThingFish

Juniors
AR is a brilliant goal kicker and can have a brilliant kicking game if he’s on. Walker is the running/creative type. I think you need Walker out there with either AR or Doueihi to add that spark to our attack.
Agree, I’m glad it’s Sebs problem to sort and not mine. My SuperCoach team is testimony that I haven’t got a clue:joy::joy:

callmack1

Staff member
I'm gonna give Reyno two more weeks to prove himself. At this stage he's just easing into it an I hope he comes good soon.

Reyno's biggest problem tonight was his passing, it was inaccurate and slow but he'lll improve.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Reynolds is done

He was good for Souths in 2012 to 2015. However 2016, 2017 and 2018 have been injury after injury. He has not played continuous football for 3 years. He has given his all for Souths but is worn out and his body is giving up on him

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 @Souths Till I Die

I don't get some of the hate on social media for AR.

I thought his kicking game was great and without we'd have let them score more points. Reynolds found the grass most times!

He also had a few runs which was good to see!

Passing a bit rusty but he will get better!!

I feel AR lead us quite well last night!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I thought his kicking game was great and without we'd have let them score more points. Reynolds found the grass most times!

I thought AR was solid and he was especially solid in defence. The dragons were lining him up all night but he stood his ground.

The situation we have here is very awkward though because we need to keep Doueihi. Us letting him go could set us back majorly.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought AR was solid and he was especially solid in defence. The dragons were lining him up all night but he stood his ground.

The situation we have here is very awkward though because we need to keep Doueihi. Us letting him go could set us back majorly.
You heading out next Thursday mate!!

I know I said I wouldn't go earlier this year but I'm gonna get right behind the boys!

Curns13

Juniors

I agree, R20. Reyno was fine. The grass is always greener. I am yet to see Doueihi do anything that Reyno couldn’t do. Doueihi is only 19 and has years to continue to improve and I absolutely love his size for a half. If Reyno is injury free, unless he drops off or Doueihi takes a leap, he is our best halfback.

callmack1

Staff member
With you on that one R20, he was fine. Not really good but fine which is to be expected from a player that has had really limited game time this year. His passing was very average though but that'll improve.

handyman2190

Bench
View attachment 18900
So there’s the numbers.
What would you do?
Doooi at this stage is clunky and obviously needs more experience at bears....in saying that, he still shows more than AR who has come off everygame he has played in lately. whoever signed AR for 4 years needs his head read his only shining light is his goal kicking but id tell him to look elseware maybe the broncos or raiders he is slow and brittle.
Doooi at least can grow into the position until tracy or hawkins come good, i see dooooi whos body will fill out, grow out of the 7 position, may do ok as 6 like sutto, but i see him in the back row or centre in a utility role.
Goal kicking well practice makes perfect cody, doooi, and whoever else has the inclination should start practicing.

Latest posts