What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust's Open Letter to Red V Members

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I've finally worked out, after 2 years now with McGregor what the "D" means.
McGregor always spruiks the "D".....'our D was great tonight or we need to concentrate on our D and (the best I think) "we are known for our D"

Obviously the "D" stands for DOUST!

John moz

Juniors
We have dumb and dumber in our club to come out and make a statement that means shit to all of us shows we need to all not renew our membership next year .As it said in latest survey from dailytelegraph around 90% want him to resign ASAP.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Here's my open letter to Doust.
  1. When the long term strategy of giving away our home ground advantage to opposing teams has ended, and all of our home games are returned to kogarah/WIN, AND
  2. When McGregor finally gets the sack for destroying our team for the past 3 years, AND
  3. When YOU (Mr Doust) finally resign for not doing anything about points 1 and 2 above,
THEN, and only THEN, will I renew my Red V Membership.

Regards

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The Heat is on...give it a few weeks..and we will hear..after a full review of all our operations we have concluded that "Nothing needs to be changed" ..this will be followed with the announcement "we are pleased to announce that Paul MacGregor will be extended by a further 3 years and Jason Demetriou is moving on to pursue other opportunities...."
Well said. Doust is a total tosser. He thinks his s..t dont stink. Well it dose. If you care for the club as much as you say dousty leave and dont let the door hit you in the face. But the way take mary wirh you. Both please p/OFF now if not sooner. You self gratifying git
Someone please save our club from Mediocrity...
well said

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The letter title should've been 'how to make friends and influence people'.

A letter that should've attempted to bring some unity has badly missed its mark. Cutting through the BS, the message I got from it is YOU (meaning we) don't decide anything, YOU have no say, I'm (meaning Doust) not going anywhere but please...keep/renew your membership because THAT is important. All of this may (or may not) be true, but to actually write it...wow.

With this kind of leadership, it is little surprise we are where we are.

Very disappointed with the response.
Well played sir well played.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Well thank Mr Doust for clearing everything up. I feel great now knowing that you and Paul or can I call him Mary have everthing under control. I for one would like to personally congratulate you both. You pompous delirious overated twat. If you think we will go away because you say so think again. You have successfully made my will and most other Saints fans will to get rid of you both even more committed. Thanks again you tosser

Last edited:

dragonreddy

Juniors
Doust is well and truly past his used by date ,his sense of self entitlement is second to none and it is severely compromising the club.
The arrogance of the bloke is boundless tells everyone basically your opinion counts for shit ,but hey folks keep coughing up the dollars so we can mismanage them for you.

Time's up for Doust the outside pressures will only grow from here on and he and the straight shooter will have to go.

BennyV

Referee
What a clueless arrogant individual who has no regard for the most important people of a footy club. The Fans.

A nice little touch with the comment about the board employing individuals. In other words i didn't hire Mary. Talk about throwing the the board under the bus.

He has certainly lost touch with reality.
In all fairness, ito been reported that Doust voted against McGregors appointment (wanted Brown instead) but was out-voted on the issue, so he's not wrong to throw the boards decision to appoint their friend I to their hands.

However, doesnt make this release any less of a bunch of ridiculous dribble.

Mr Red

First Grade
In all fairness, ito been reported that Doust voted against McGregors appointment (wanted Brown instead) but was out-voted on the issue, so he's not wrong to throw the boards decision to appoint their friend I to their hands.

Doust and the board have totally lost touch with the fans...
I smell another internal "performance" review coming up......

GKJ79

Juniors

Was Brown definitely going to come, if Mcgregor wasn't signed as coach?

Forster Dragon

Juniors
What an inept response to the problems currently facing the Club.He in no way has responded to the majority of our under performance issues and has basically said I am here and that is that.
Seriously,it is time for Him and Mary to go.

Ed Alzate

Juniors
Hello First Post,
Peter has been here for 15+ years and delivered 1 premiership followed by nothing, no growth no plan nothing. I was a Red v member but i will not pay when its a boys club. Sorry but Im really pissed at the board i hold them responsible for the whole mess. Mary is not a capable coach but a great member of the boys club. The Entitle Pricks That Think They Run The Place

BigBoss

Juniors
I'm deadset f**king disgusted in the arrogance of this selfish asshole. Like who the f**k does he think he is? Who does he think he's helping by doing this? Himself? Most certainly. Always has, always will.

Nothing in that letter has given anyone with half a brain ANY hope for the future. It's him basically saying 'I have the power and there's nothing you can do about it.'

Pathetic sack of dog shit.

Old Timer

Coach
There is an unfortunate reality to all of this.

Doust & Co will keep delivering this type of announcement.

Mary will keep coaching in the same manner and delivering overall the same outcomes.

If you are not part of the "boys club" you will be ostracised and used as a scape goat.

A win or two here or there and the promise that its all coming together will be believed by some.

Some fans will be begrudgingly accepting of the situation because all they want to do is watch the footy.

Some fans on here will want to have a revolution of some sort.

There will be a couple of different camps within the fan base and we will put shit on each other declaring the alternate position is wrong.

To be perfectly honest there is no easy solution that will satisfy all of us.

Maybe the old adage "silence is golden" is an option.

Imagine if all fan based media including there forum, twitter etc shut down for a week, no fans turned up for just 1 game and if fans did turn up because they just can't stomach not going, they failed to wear their club colours and / or refused to clap.

Is it possible to get some agreement for an option like this and pick a game and week to sit on our collective hands just like they are doing?

Obviously whatever we are saying is not being heeded, so maybe what we don't say may be more powerful?

I think if the press were notified they would have a field day with something like this.

Its just an idea and maybe not for some but if there is interest I am sure there are people who could co-ordinate it.

After all what have we got to lose basically 1 week while we try something or 3 or more years if we do nothing.

Latest posts