What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust's Open Letter to Red V Members

Can't see anything happening this next few weeks whilst they are still playing footy. Probably wait till the end of the season and re-assess the situation. I can see a possibility of Mary being cut if they finish bottom 10 or 12 which looks likely but I can't see Doust going anywhere soon. He has a reputation as a good operator when it comes to business and has a good record in the Medical industry as he ran a few hospitals in his time.

Doust also got rid of Mary when Bennett was around so I am sure he would not have been one of his fans when they were looking at signing him up. If anything Mary screwing up probably justifies what he was probably telling the board prior to Mary getting the job. I heard Dousty wanted Henry or Browny ahead of Mary. I heard that there a performance indicators in place and at the end of the year they review everyone's position. They could be waiting to see the results at the end of the year and if they are poor they may be able to sack him based on performance. Where as if they sack him now and a new coach comes in and they improve out of sight and make the 8, Mary could say I was sacked without given the chance to finish the season and would have done the same. They need to cover their back sides if they are to sack him with no payout.

I am not supporting Doust but I think Mary is the bigger problem here and not Doust. Rather than pushing for both to cop the boot I would be focussing more on Mary as you have a greater chance of getting that done.

I am really hoping that lessons were learnt with the Price fiasco and that they don't hang on to Mary past this season with crap threats where they said he had 6 or 8 matches at the start of the season to prove himself. That was a joke and puts pressure on the club to bring in a coach mid season.
Slippery. I beg to differ that because he ran a few hospitals he knows something about business. I happen to have first hand knowledge about his time at Strathfield Private hospital. People who worked there at the time describe him as -wait for it!! - a shyster, inept, poor decision maker and a bull shit artist. They (like us now) couldn't wait to get rid of him. His reputation was so poor in the Health industry he had to get a gig in a completely different industry. Unfortunately (because our board was so dumb) we ended up with him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Thanks for shedding some light on this Lithgow. So his performance as CEO at the Dragons is consistent with his previous experience. Great

Brian Johnston was great until he had to leave for health reasons. I have spoken to Brian personally and he is a great fella, they should give the job back to him. He was involved during the Merger and got us through that OK, this will be a walk in the park for him to get the Dragons back on track.

grouch

First Grade
Brian Johnston sits on the current board, which severely tarnishes his reputation. He's just as culpable

hillbillyserb

Juniors
We need a CEO with a great business background and contacts through out the business world.
Not a good guy that has connections down at his local pub or someone that has played before.

Latest posts