What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust's Open Letter to Red V Members

matPORTS

Juniors
I made the very fateful error of reading Dousts dribble after I'd had a few beers last night.

To sum up the key takeaways from this letter and the subsequent media talk:

Doust and his mates (including Mary) are digging their heels in.

We (members and fans) are to blame for the current predicament in which the club finds itself by not showing up to games and threatening to not renew.

The talk surrounding the recruitment of Norman, Hayne, Farah, T-Rex (we can add Segyaro to the mix as well) is nothing but a mere pipe dream and quite frankly BS talk as the club tries to sway focus away from the current problems. Those of us with rose coloured glasses will dream of a recruitment drive like this. But why would any of the above mentioned players want to come here, even if we did have the money? Here is a dose of reality... we will probably be re-signing Rein on overs long term and Benji for a further year @ $400-500k.

If the club really does have the money (the only way could possibly be that WIN have provided some early sweeteners), and they want to go after what Parramatta want or have... why not get in the ears of Brad Arthur? That's what we call using foresight.

GKJ79

Juniors
The major thing to do in these situations is to build up a case file and keep lots of notes, correspondence etc.

The position is indeed untenable but there is a procedural requirement i.e. dotting i's crossing t's and giving them a chance to respond.

In between time there is the personal agenda of whether to go to games, buy merchandise etc etc but I think that is now also starting to head in a fairly united direction.

I have also worked out the conspiracy theory scenario and that is the board are piling the money on at 13+ losses week in week out.

They wouldn't be making much $$$ Dragons are favourite to lose 13+ every week. They will probably only get odds of $1.05 against the grubs next week.

BennyV

Referee
We all know that Doust is full of it however, I can't understand way the Board continue to accept his advice. Why don't the Board members move to correct the situation? Surely they realize that sooner or later they will lose any credibility that think they have.

OUST DOUST!!!!!
Because the board ARE the issue, moreso than Doust. They have too much say, they have little commercial acumen and they are the ones making all the shitty decisions that Doust has to enforce, Mary being the most obvious.

Compare the background and experience of the B.O.D from Roosters, Broncos, etc to ours and we are so far behind it hurts.

Losing Doust alone will hurt us, because Mick McDonald will step into his shoes on the recommendation of the board (y'know, after a worldwide search results in another old boy being the best candidate for the job) and we'll be in the same situation.

duck

Juniors
Dear Dragons fans,
The board has received an incredible amount of correspondence both good and bad from the membership.

There is no doubt an overwhelming concern within the fan base re the future well being of the club both at the commercial and football end .

Rest assured that the board is carefully considering all the correspondence and is working towards an outcome by which the fans can be given an opportunity to air their concerns fully and the board can also give a proper and thoughtful response.

We think it suitable that we meet post season end in an open air forum possibly Jubilee Oval or Wollongong and the club could organise that venue within 4 weeks of season end.

We cordially invite you to get yourselves organised with an agenda, nominated spokespersons, preferred date and if possible a list of 20 questions so as to enable the board to properly prepare to answer your concerns.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

The Board of Directors

Not too hard really and what I would expect if they have any real concern for the fans.
Yeah not bad.

Problem would be finding a spokesperson and collating the questions. That alone could well turn into a civil war.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah not bad.

Problem would be finding a spokesperson and collating the questions. That alone could well turn into a civil war.
I agree Duck because Emperor Doust has used the tried and proven Roman rule of law "Divide and Conquer"

Somewhere, somehow we need to find a way to co-ordinate a fan based response.

Maybe if someone on here is close to a journalist we could get some assistance in getting some ground rules as to how to initiate it.

thebigredv

First Grade
I agree Duck because Emperor Doust has used the tried and proven Roman rule of law "Divide and Conquer"

Somewhere, somehow we need to find a way to co-ordinate a fan based response.

Maybe if someone on here is close to a journalist we could get some assistance in getting some ground rules as to how to initiate it.

Stop putting money into tickets and memberships and Doust is gone. You only get rubbish performances anyway. Money is everything. Our words are not heeded.

saintphil

Juniors
http://www.dragons.com.au/red-v-members/dragons_open_letter_.html

St George Illawarra Dragons CEO Peter Doust would like to personally address all loyal Red V Members, Corporate Partners and other valued Stakeholders through an open letter.

Doust’s letter makes reference to recent member, public and media discussion around team performance, management and the future of the club.

To Red V Members and Corporate Partners,

The Club’s personnel, including the Board of Directors, Football Staff, Players, Administrative Staff and myself, are all committed to the success of the Dragons.

We all acknowledge the present dissatisfaction with team performance of late and we are also aware that our venue strategies are not to the liking of all.

It is to be noted that decisions regarding the employment of individuals are the responsibility of the Board of Directors which is what occurs in most Companies and Organisations.

Please know that I am not going to resign when challenges present, that is simply not my way - I also know that Paul McGregor’s values are the same.

The movement of some games from both UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah and WIN Stadium, Wollongong is a long term strategy with commercial and brand development objectives - the outcomes of the first three years will be reviewed in 2017.

Our Red V Membership is strong and a very important element of a fan’s commitment to their Club.

I would encourage everyone to put their Club first when considering their future Red V Membership as it is an important investment that goes directly towards supporting our on-field ambitions.

Team performance, captaincy and recruitment decisions are managed by Football Staff who work with the Players on a daily basis.

The Club is in ongoing discussions with WIN Corporation with respect to governance and the future.

Please know that all involved with the Club are actively working towards improvement.

Regards,

Peter Doust

saintphil

Juniors
It is an absolute certainty that the board is running this team as a business only, bottom line making money,they
won't buy big name players, we have to wait for players no-one else wants and take on coaching staff that come cheap because they wouldn't get a job anywhere else .That said this team has a serious problem the coach is not teaching them stupid, they were born like that

gregstar

Referee
such a bland statement.

as already mentioned, an office lackey can spit out such correspondence.

given the nature of where sport as a whole is headed (i actually think we're screwed regardless) you'd think that this gomer would be trying his best to salvage something before the club as it now exists morphs into the appendage of another.

gregstar

Referee
It is an absolute certainty that the board is running this team as a business only, bottom line making money,they
won't buy big name players, we have to wait for players no-one else wants and take on coaching staff that come cheap because they wouldn't get a job anywhere else .That said this team has a serious problem the coach is not teaching them stupid, they were born like that
as far as i am aware it doesn't make a quid. f*ck all clubs do. that's why i believe that the future is bleak.

thebigredv

First Grade
lol they talk about 40 minute performances. We are literally 4 minute performers. Then 76 mins of frustration.

Latest posts