What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons back in the F7s

dubopov

Coach
Thanks for pointing out that I was, in fact, correct in what I said about Titanic ..

Pity the rest of your statement is a lie .. eg. saying that I wanted to bring down the team or the F7 in general is totally ludicrous.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mission Accomplished on one front at least. Do you want an award for this as well?

It was resolved. And now you're stirring it up again. Obvious.

So are you done now?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So if you didn't want to bring down the team or the F7's, why have you declared that Dragons won't take part in F7's this year?

All of us, as captains and as players have had some sort of drama that we have had to face that we didn't potentially agree with or like at the time, but we move on for the better of the game.

Its not through raising concerns and straightening out the issues as they arise, which has happened on numorous occasion for the betterment of the competition and all its teams.

The Panthers team and players can lay claim to being the recipient of more bad luck and misfortune etc than most other teams, and we had kicked up a stink on a number of occasions. Sometimes we were justified and changes were made, other times we were just flying off the handle, but at the end of the day, the team is still here, our players are still here, we put that sh*t behind us and we moved forward.

If you aren't prepared to do such a thing, then you won't enjoy this game thus I see no reason why you should punnish yourself any further by participating.

But thats just my opinion. It'd be a shame to see you go, but I don't believe you should voluntarily continually do something you get no enjoyment out of at all.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wrong - nothing on the internet is private. Someone owns the data and has the ability to scry.
I stand corrected.

But those people aren't likely to produce these items now and even if they did, could we actually trust or believe them?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. It's still on. Another attempt to divide people.

Got a few more shots left dubo? Very entertaining.

You can be a vindictive bugger sometimes.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
who would have access to all info inc PMs ??
so thats the lengths you'd entertain pursuing to confirm someone said something to you in a PM

Yet you won't post the 25 errors in an article you believed were overlooked.

Furthermore, why would refs do anything biased anyway, what to they have to gain by doing so?

Can you see why people are sceptical of your complaint?

murphyscreek

Coach
madunit,

Firstly, I can't say that I know dubopov personally. For all I know he could be an axe-murderer who keeps a couple of gimps locked in his basement. But having played under him as our Captain in every match since the begining of last season, I think this talk of him deliberately trying to bring down our team is farcical. Let alone the whole comp.

Let's get one thing straight. There was a team vote of whether we would quit or not amongst the five most regular players, and the result was 5-0. dubo did not coerce, cajole, bully, intimidate, or even persuade anyone to vote one way or the other. I've already discussed the events that persuaded me to want to leave, so won't repeat them.

He has done those things (coerce, cajole...etc) to make sure we got a team in every match. And I know he's not the first, or last, Captain to do that. Just making the point it would hardly be the actions of a bloke trying to wreck a team or the comp they played in to do that.

I acknowledge that in our short time here, dubopov's passion to represent his team sometimes resulted in him flying off the handle a bit from time to time. And his style can at times grate against the conventions here. But as a player, I for one don't doubt that his actions have been done in what he believed were the best interests for the team. And on a personal note I often found his approach quite refreshing, but at other times a bit over the top. But never boring.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
For all I know he could be an axe-murderer who keeps a couple of gimps locked in his basement.

Totally unrelated to anything but I have to say...what a brilliant image. LOL.

That's funny man. This has nothing to do with Dragons...or Dubo or anyone...but man that'd make a great movie.

Who would play that part in a movie if they made it.

Would have to be Phillip Seymour-Hoffman right?

The nerdy, polite guy who then slaughters people by night.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
madunit,

Firstly, I can't say that I know dubopov personally. For all I know he could be an axe-murderer who keeps a couple of gimps locked in his basement. But having played under him as our Captain in every match since the begining of last season, I think this talk of him deliberately trying to bring down our team is farcical. Let alone the whole comp.

Let's get one thing straight. There was a team vote of whether we would quit or not amongst the five most regular players, and the result was 5-0. dubo did not coerce, cajole, bully, intimidate, or even persuade anyone to vote one way or the other. I've already discussed the events that persuaded me to want to leave, so won't repeat them.

He has done those things (coerce, cajole...etc) to make sure we got a team in every match. And I know he's not the first, or last, Captain to do that. Just making the point it would hardly be the actions of a bloke trying to wreck a team or the comp they played in to do that.

I acknowledge that in our short time here, dubopov's passion to represent his team sometimes resulted in him flying off the handle a bit from time to time. And his style can at times grate against the conventions here. But as a player, I for one don't doubt that his actions have been done in what he believed were the best interests for the team. And on a personal note I often found his approach quite refreshing, but at other times a bit over the top. But never boring.
Cheers,

To be honest, again, what is said in the Locker rooms is private, so I will have to take your word on that.

But to me opting to pull the pin entirely seems defeatist. My last post was to show that he's not the only captain/player to feel hard done by. But at the end of the day, we get over these issues and move forward for the enjoyment of writing articles etc.

He has been hell bent on pursuing this for what reason is beyond me, it started with a gripe over marks on 2 articles and has become this much larger thing with accusations of lying, bias, cheating etc, which are very serious and are always going to be met with an abrasive response.

murphyscreek

Coach
madunit,

You've mentioned the privacy of PM's a few times, and now the privacy of locker rooms. As far as I could make out, a lot of the anti-dubo tirade on Friday was as a result of Jesbass making public edits from PM's that dubo had sent him, when apparently he was at his most "passionate" , probably immediately post-match.

Why was it OK for those remarks to be published, when it's very clearly not the done thing? I'm not having a go at Jesbass, but just questioning the seemingly double standard at play here as voiced by dubopov's critics.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There was a team vote of whether we would quit or not amongst the five most regular players, and the result was 5-0.
Each to their own, I have no doubt your loyalty to dubo played a part in your decision.

Also, I assume that dubo approached you all and organised the vote? No need to confirm if you don't want to.

There's also this thread, started by dubo. Rather than giving someone an opportunity to step up, he just folded the whole team. There were other players in the team. If I may ask, were they contacted by anyone? Or did they read it in the open forum first?

I also read a post where dubo said he he didn't want there to be another Dragons team in the F7s.

So yeah, in my opinion, there's a few reasons to think that he wanted to take the Dragons F7s team down with him. Sorry, but it'll be hard to convince me otherwise.
murphyscreek said:
I for one don't doubt that his actions have been done in what he believed were the best interests for the team.
Mate, maybe it's just me, but walking out on the team and then asking who is coming with him doesn't constitute being in the best interests of the team. I mean, how can it be if it means there is now no team?

But it's over now. I held hopes that the dust would settle and we'd see you guys make a return. But it's just getting worst. I think it's time to move on now before the friendships get too strained.

griffo346 said:
guys can we just let it all go please
I second that. It's too silly for words now.