What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Chasing Hastings

Saint or sinner

Juniors
hastings will be good ..still only young and will become more consistent with expirence..we never should have let him go and we wouldnt be in this mess

Shulman

Juniors
Lol can you imagine Mary making phone calls trying to recruit?

*phone rings*
Keary: Hello?
Mary: Hi Luke, it's Paul McGregor from the mighty Dragons
Keary: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mary: Luke, we'd like to offer you a spot in our team from next year
Mary: We are building a solid team unit on the back of our D and our attacking structures are due to pay dividends as we push to core upwards of 3 tries in a match

It was actually keary's manager that phoned the dragons and it was actually Mary that laughed at his asking price

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Automatically we'd be linked to Hastings, but is Cooper Cronk over the line with the Storm yet, it may be an origin thing but to me the talks with him signing with storm have gone quiet.

Do the Dragons have the balls to go hard for Cronk?

Saintsified

Bench
Automatically we'd be linked to Hastings, but is Cooper Cronk over the line with the Storm yet, it may be an origin thing but to me the talks with him signing with storm have gone quiet.

Do the Dragons have the balls to go hard for Cronk?

How many times do you want to use our balls?

rasaint

Juniors
My mail is that Keary was offered significantly better $ as a late bid : quick decision take it or leave it. Luke took it and why not.

No to Hastings I just think is looks pedestrian in NRL. Half backs have to be quick or they won't cut it in today's game. Keary is genuinely very fast, Jack Bird is quick also. You can not train speed. Even 32 years old Cronk is quick, amongst many other qualities.

stgill2001

Juniors
Hastings turned his back on us and didn't take us for granted when we brought him up I hope he does set foot here again.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I would go hard for corey norman even without foran he has parra going well, super player. It is about time we negotiate like the big boys or we will always get the scraps.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Only the best and most consistent should command top dollar. Norman has been anything but that and is what I would consider high risk. We should take a leaf out of the Titans book and go after a young talented playmaker stuck behind young halves at their own club and make the promise of 1st grade. Ata Hingano fits this bill stuck behing Lolohea and Johnson, junior kiwis captain, has played and performes at NSW cup level. To this would be low risk, high reward type recruitment. The other option could be Kodi Nikorima

_Johnsy

Referee
The Dragons could buy all 300 lucky door tickets at a fundraiser at the local RSL & we'd g home with SFA.

#dragonsfooty #laughingstock, what a sad, sad state of affairs.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I would also be happu with kodi nikorama but I think he may want more than you think

If he leaves the Broncos, the likely new club is the Storm as a replacement for Green.

For what it's worth, the same person who told me about the dramas Hastings was having at the Roosters has told me that the Dragons will sign him. Just passing it on.

56to66

Juniors
The usual suspects are out to play, just before the seasons kickoff, wow, can someone take out the stinking garbage.
101 how to derail St George's season, write a couple of toilet paper worthy articles, the shit sticks. Easy target Ben Hunt, then Zac Lomax wants out, waiting for the next fart bomb.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
I dont think Rothfield hates us.. but I cant argue with the positivity of the Grant/Welsh story versus the non-stop dribble about Hunt or Lomax etc that we have to listen too.. .. Buzz even said today that he thinks Hunt eill be one of the biggest stories of the year again.. great.

But I suppose we also get clicks as a Sydney team... and noone really gives a stuff about the Storm (no exaggeration).