What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons interested in Lichaa to share Hooker role w Mciness

Qdf

Juniors
This attitude is typical of accepting the status quo.
Blame the players, the refs, injuries, the rub of the green - even the fans for being upset...
Anything but laying the responsibility and blame for another wasted season at the feet of the coach.
It's really simple,coaching in the NRL is a result driven business.
No results No job..

jak

Bench
if in any way signing lichaa after just signing graham would upset any doggie fans id have to say bugger the expense sign him.

You guys are seriously clueless. You need to learn to read and understand the context of the post.

Let me ask you this then, do you believe having a rant or whinge in this forum is going to change the situation?
This is one of the few channels we have available to us in terms of expressing an opinion.
Why is asking questions about accountability and performance necessarily a whinge?
Probably won't make a zac of difference but why does it bother you?

Redhoopz

Juniors
Terrible idea.

Cam McInnes is better than Lichaa & still has improvement in him.

Robson plays tough, will be ready sooner rather than later.... can't recall the game but he scored a try where he took a run from dummy half 10m out, could have stepped the closing defender but instead ran straight at him and knocked him flying... Danny Buderus (NSW 20's coach) was commentating at the time and had massive raps on him, said he has a huge future.

Can't see why we would potentially derail Robsons progression and waste our remaining salary cap space on arguably the most underperforming player in the NRL over the past few seasons (bar last 3 games)

Agree!

It makes sense to give Robson a crack before looking to sign a player that has only looked good in the last couple of games. You never know if they are ready, unless you give them a chance.

I'd much rather take the chance with Robson then spend the money on Lichaa. I know it's a risk but I think it's one worth taking.

True_Believer

Juniors
This is one of the few channels we have available to us in terms of expressing an opinion.
Why is asking questions about accountability and performance necessarily a whinge?
Probably won't make a zac of difference but why does it bother you?

Did you read my response to LG at all? I just don't think you get what I am saying.

Expressing an opinion? Sure. But tell me how Alec's original post indicates that he's "accepting mediocrity"? He's stating the truth. And no amount of ranting in here is going to change that. Not proactively taking any action to remedy the situation could also be construed as "accepting mediocrity". So that also applies to every poster in here.

SBD82

Coach
As the squad currently stands we are one injury away from playing an untested young 9 for 80 minutes.

If lichaa is cheap it wouldn't be crazy to have him in the squad, at least as backup.

SGMax

Juniors
Is Robson ready for FG?
Are we keeping Havili?
If both those answers are "no" then Lichaa might be a handy pickup if cheap.
McInness has a year to go.
When the time comes, pick the best one and Robson should be ready to at least play a support role.

I like the idea of Havili on the bench as he can cover for the forwards after he gives the No.9 a break without using up an extra interchange.
Although,..not so sure he will be good to become the main no.9 if an injury occurs.

Sounds too complicated, they will make the wrong decision.

SBD82

Coach
Is Robson ready for FG?
Are we keeping Havili?
When the time comes, pick the best one and Robson should be ready to at least play a support role.

I like the idea of Havili on the bench as he can cover for the forwards after he gives the No.9 a break without using up an extra interchange.
Although,..not so sure he will be good to become the main no.9 if an injury occurs.

Isn't havili gone?

True_Believer

Juniors
Is Robson ready for FG?
Are we keeping Havili?

I believe Robson was relegated to U20s because he wasn't quite cutting it in reggies and Havilii hasn't resigned.

giboz71

First Grade
As the squad currently stands we are one injury away from playing an untested young 9 for 80 minutes.

If lichaa is cheap it wouldn't be crazy to have him in the squad, at least as backup.

If he came cheap, it wouldn't hurt, particularly if Havili isn't signed. Robson is likely 2 years away. a 2 pronged hooker attack can work much like Hodgson/Baptiste and Brailey/Segeyaro. Parra will likely use both King and Pritchard as well.

McInnes seemed to slow down as the season progressed, and Lichaa outplayed him both times we played the Dogs (scored tries in both games I think?).

Another hooker to keep him honest might be a good thing.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I believe this was being considered well before Lichaa actually started playing good. I remember seeing rumours of it over a month ago but they died down.

Lichaa literally said "Des told me not to run". And then suddenly he starts running in the last few rounds when Des just gave up on his stubborn game plan.

McGregor is crap, HOWEVER I can't help but feel James Graham and Michael Lichaa are two types of players that suit his coaching, certainly more than Des.

denis preston

First Grade
Is Robson ready for FG?
Are we keeping Havili?

My Bulldog mates reckon he was under instructions from Des not to run. The last 3 games were played virtually without a coach and he killed it running himself. Hey he's better than McCrone ! Depends on price but at worst good for our depth.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Is Robson ready for FG?
Are we keeping Havili?

Max
Havilli has been told to look elsewhere.
So it would leave just Robson.

emu62

Juniors
Not sure what Havili did wrong but i would much prefer him than Licha but did not get a chance under super coach McWrecker, big shame IMO as he would bring plenty of variety to the 9 jersey

qld redvee

Juniors
How about a wild card in the back up hooker stakes --- Do we carry field as the utility reserve thenwhen we give mcinness a rest field slots in at half ( plenty of speed ) and hunt goes to hooker . We keep robson in reserves to get more experience utilise field save some money that can be used on a back ,
I await your thoughts