What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons interested in Lichaa to share Hooker role w Mciness

Drag Queen

Bench
Genuinely don't mind this, Lichaa has always been a good player, just poorly coached.

The only issue is that McInnes is killing it and we still have young Robson coming through. Seems like our money would be well spent on waiting for a quality outside back to become available. I'd be happy to pass on this one, but maybe Lichaa will offer a little healthy competition?
50/50 on this one. No doubt about McInness's tackling ability but he rarely runs the metres and his offloads are questionable. Lichaa played out of his skin against us and probably won the Dogs the game. For me, I want an 80 minutes hooker. BTW Rein was named hooker of the year in Intrust NSW Cup. I'm not surprised though. I'm one of the few that backed him.

Drag Queen

Bench
FFS can we just try the young guys before we start signing every also ran other clubs don't want.

Sorry, I thought I was on another forum, then I realised I was talking about the Dragons and trying the young guys is not club policy.......carry on.
Agree. But for this to happen we will be in a rebuilding phase much like the Knights. How many years are you prepared to wait BGB. I watched the Illawarra/Mountie game and the Mounties had us all over the place. Field effectively won us that game. We got lucky.

Agree. But for this to happen we will be in a rebuilding phase much like the Knights. How many years are you prepared to wait BGB. I watched the Illawarra/Mountie game and the Mounties had us all over the place. Field effectively won us that game. We got lucky.

I thought Kerr looked good in that game, along with Issac Thompson, Leilua was used badly.

But still, other clubs use 18y.o players, Souths, Canberra spring mind.

Bench
It is a big NO from me. I remember a couple if weeks ago didn't McInness score two trys and ran during the same game.
He can run from dummy half. McIdiot needs to give him the option to take a run and put the opposition in two minds.
He needs to be an attacking hooker not just a defensive hooker.
We have Robson coming through so I don't see the need for another hooker.
Money could be better spent on a winger it center.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
50/50 on this one. No doubt about McInness's tackling ability but he rarely runs the metres and his offloads are questionable. Lichaa played out of his skin against us and probably won the Dogs the game. For me, I want an 80 minutes hooker. BTW Rein was named hooker of the year in Intrust NSW Cup. I'm not surprised though. I'm one of the few that backed him.

Agreed, his offloads come out of the School of Rein.
Blatantly forward, time and time again.
I have been disappointed in his performances of late.
Not enough running from dummy half when were on the opposition try line.
Maybe its just McGregor ruining another player.

True_Believer

Juniors
...............and that's the kind of inane, clueless comment that keeps us stuck in mediocrity..............."we're stuck with drunk driver for another 2 years. move on clowns"....................absolutely clueless.............your mum must be proud!!!!!!!!!!
Based on current information it's the truth isn't it? And what are you doing to change the situation? Derailing another thread with "I hate f**king Mary" posts?

BennyV

Referee
1 year deal at most.

To be honest, I'd prefer that bench hooker to be a player who can also fill in the back role. Havili would have been perfect - brings a point of difference to hooker with his running game, size and strength, then once McInness comes back in (10-15 mins into second half) he drops back and plays as a running forward giving JDB a rest. Only use 3 interchanges to rotate these players.

I can't see Lichaa not looking for a starting role somewhere though. And Cam Mac is a better player.

Drag Queen

Bench
Agreed, his offloads come out of the School of Rein.
Blatantly forward, time and time again.
I have been disappointed in his performances of late.
Not enough running from dummy half when were on the opposition try line.
Maybe its just McGregor ruining another player.
Probs

JDHD

Juniors
If we can get Lichaa on the cheap, we'd be idiots not to. An established first grader in a key position on a low salary would be worth its weight in gold, especially if he's a different style of hooker to our dominant one. If McInnes can provide good service out of dummy half for 30 minutes and then Lichaa can come on in the last ten with his destructive running game, that would be a wonderful asset to have.

JDHD

Juniors
I find this idea very puzzling

McInnes excelled this season

Robson looks like a tremendous prospect.

Why would we block the pathway of Robson ?

If McInnes is our FG hooker there is no reason to sign a guy who has not performed these past 2 years.

Robson struggled in Cup and got sent back to 20s. He's not ready for Grade yet, plus our only other 'hooker' is Jake Marketo. We need depth. Lichaa at least provides that.

Life's Good

Coach
Based on current information it's the truth isn't it? And what are you doing to change the situation? Derailing another thread with "I hate f**king Mary" posts?

Read most of the recent threads. The reality is that, yes, they end up with the finger pointed at the coach. Why is that a problem when it's fair to say he is responsible for a large proportion of what went wrong? Do you expect fans to not point the finger of blame his way when we won 6/17 to crash & burn after looking like world beaters in the opening rounds. Fans want to vent.

True_Believer

Juniors
Read most of the recent threads. The reality is that, yes, they end up with the finger pointed at the coach. Why is that a problem when it's fair to say he is responsible for a large proportion of what went wrong? Do you expect fans to not point the finger of blame his way when we won 6/17 to crash & burn after looking like world beaters in the opening rounds. Fans want to vent.

I think you've missed the point mate. It's the content of the reply that doesn't make sense. I think everyone in here realises and understands that Mary's coaching skills are not up to scratch. And I understand everyone wants to vent and point the finger. But to suggest that someone is "accepting mediocrity" because they are sick of every thread devolving into an anti-Mary campaign, is just stupidity. People do want to discuss things other than Mary's coaching skills - or lack thereof.

emack himself could be accused of the same based on the fact that whinging in here is not going to do anything to change the situation. Does he think having a rant and a cry in this forum that is frequented by maybe max 100 active posters is going have Mary sacked as the coach?

Life's Good

Coach
I think you've missed the point mate. It's the content of the reply that doesn't make sense. I think everyone in here realises and understands that Mary's coaching skills are not up to scratch. And I understand everyone wants to vent and point the finger. But to suggest that someone is "accepting mediocrity" because they are sick of every thread devolving into an anti-Mary campaign, is just stupidity. People do want to discuss things other than Mary's coaching skills - or lack thereof.

emack himself could be accused of the same based on the fact that whinging in here is not going to do anything to change the situation. Does he think having a rant and a cry in this forum that is frequented by maybe max 100 active posters is going have Mary sacked as the coach?

Fair enough on the context. I just look forward to the day when we can leave behind the sour taste of the last few years.

I find this idea very puzzling

McInnes excelled this season

Robson looks like a tremendous prospect.

Why would we block the pathway of Robson ?

If McInnes is our FG hooker there is no reason to sign a guy who has not performed these past 2 years.
Very good point!!
If we are serious about re building our club's integrity and winning culture, we absolutely have to give priority to our own.
Lichea has struck a purple patch for 3-4 games.
Does that mean we have to go out and sign him?
Robson is a great prospect who deserves to be fast tracked into FG.

This attitude is typical of accepting the status quo.
Blame the players, the refs, injuries, the rub of the green - even the fans for being upset...
Anything but laying the responsibility and blame for another wasted season at the feet of the coach.

True_Believer

Juniors
This attitude is typical of accepting the status quo.
Blame the players, the refs, injuries, the rub of the green - even the fans for being upset...
Anything but laying the responsibility and blame for another wasted season at the feet of the coach.

You guys are seriously clueless. You need to learn to read and understand the context of the post.

Let me ask you this then, do you believe having a rant or whinge in this forum is going to change the situation?

Saint-Fez

Juniors
Terrible idea.

Cam McInnes is better than Lichaa & still has improvement in him.

Robson plays tough, will be ready sooner rather than later.... can't recall the game but he scored a try where he took a run from dummy half 10m out, could have stepped the closing defender but instead ran straight at him and knocked him flying... Danny Buderus (NSW 20's coach) was commentating at the time and had massive raps on him, said he has a huge future.

Can't see why we would potentially derail Robsons progression and waste our remaining salary cap space on arguably the most underperforming player in the NRL over the past few seasons (bar last 3 games)

Latest posts