What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Need Hayne

Gandhi

Juniors
f**k off ghandi. You're a merkin.

*nothing personal. For some reason I've always wanted to say that.
Awww.....so to keep you happy we need to agree with you? ! And what is your claim to fame? Drinking yourself into a stupor?

SBD82

Coach
Seems to me you are looking in the mirror when you talk about him.

I was just being playful, but then you had to go all "I know you are I said you are but what am I".

That's cold ghandi. Like... year 6 level cold.

Drakon

Juniors
Hmmmm....the jury is out. Lets see how Mr G Widdop plays for the remainder of 2017. I hope he plays magnificently. But i have very very high doubts. Until then....you should be quiet too. Shall we agree to rate him in mid september.? My forecast is 5/10. And Houston.....we will surely have a problem!
If your forecast is 5/10 by mid September, what is your rating of Widdop this season up until he got injured?

Gandhi

Juniors
If your forecast is 5/10 by mid September, what is your rating of Widdop this season up until he got injured?
8/10 up till now. But his contract is now signed which will reduce his desire and motivation.
And secondly, in my opinion, I dont see us being able to lift another gear to keep pace with the top 8 teams. I really hope we can continue to improve.... and lift another gear, but until we get a great number 7 and 1, i think we will be 9th to 11th.

This Year?

Immortal
There aren't really that many juniors that have gone on to shine elsewhere. Many we thought were guns turn out to be duds.

Who are the ones we can say were juniors that turned out to be guns?

Jack Bird off the top of my head. The point I'm trying to make is why would we bother with Hayne who is heading towards the twilight of his career when we could have the next Hayne or Slater in the waiting but they don't get their chance with us because we were afraid to give them a go?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Hmmmm....the jury is out. Lets see how Mr G Widdop plays for the remainder of 2017. I hope he plays magnificently. But i have very very high doubts. Until then....you should be quiet too. Shall we agree to rate him in mid september.? My forecast is 5/10. And Houston.....we will surely have a problem!

Oh no hes back vas and his many mates.

possm

Coach
Jack Bird off the top of my head. The point I'm trying to make is why would we bother with Hayne who is heading towards the twilight of his career when we could have the next Hayne or Slater in the waiting but they don't get their chance with us because we were afraid to give them a go?
A two year deal with Hayne would:
Give us a very competitive spine.
Give us the x factor we need to win a comp.
Provide the time needed to bring through a budding junior fullback

Mann may do the job but I'm fairly confident Hayne would do the job.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He also got weirder (is that possible???)

He and I are just starting to strike up a friendly conversation, and he goes back and edits his comments so that it looks like he said something completely different.

Not too bright though. I quoted him, so his original quotes are still there.

SBD82
Do you no why Vas disappears and returns.
Because he checks into rehab and when they let him out.
One of his personalities come out yet again.
He a fwit mate

dragonssamy61

First Grade
A two year deal with Hayne would:
Give us a very competitive spine.
Give us the x factor we need to win a comp.
Provide the time needed to bring through a budding junior fullback

Mann may do the job but I fairly confident Hayne would do the job.

I understand your thinking possm.
But two years also give him enough time to drive a wedge and distroy the culture that we are trying to set up.
Everywhere he gone he has walked out before his contract is though.
No thanks.
He will go well for a few weeks then lose interest.
And stuff up Everything.
And also he will not be cheap.
He will only come if we pay over the top for him.
I have meet him he is a tool

blacksafake

First Grade
I understand your thinking possm.
But two years also give him enough time to drive a wedge and distroy the culture that we are trying to set up.
Everywhere he gone he has walked out before his contract is though.
No thanks.
He will go well for a few weeks then lose interest.
And stuff up Everything.
And also he will not be cheap.
He will only come if we pay over the top for him.
I have meet him he is a tool
Agree.
Browny got it right when asked if Newcastle were interested in him, he responded no we are not interested in him as he does not "fit the culture"we are trying to create here.Very good player but high maintenence.I too have met him a couple of times & you get the impression he is not listening to you or even interested.One time my daughter was keen to meet him & he could'nt take his eyes off his phone whilst she was speaking to him.
He's a massive tosser.

hazzbeen

Bench
Agree.
Browny got it right when asked if Newcastle were interested in him, he responded no we are not interested in him as he does not "fit the culture"we are trying to create here.Very good player but high maintenence.I too have met him a couple of times & you get the impression he is not listening to you or even interested.One time my daughter was keen to meet him & he could'nt take his eyes off his phone whilst she was speaking to him.
He's a massive tosser.
I like him as a player , but if what you say is true ( not doubting you ) then its a big NO from me .....

blacksafake

First Grade
I like him as a player , but if what you say is true ( not doubting you ) then its a big NO from me .....
All true Hazzbeen.
It's funny who you run into at Macarthur Square shopping centre.The daughter asked me to take a picture with him but after we walked away she deleted it straight away.We met a few there inc Benji & they are always happy to say hello, hell she even had the shock of Wayne Bennett saying hi to her there yesterday.